Archinect
anchor

high density on the high ground competition

ramoo

anyone hear anything about competition results? winners? finalists? the website says the exhibition is supposed to start tomorrow... so i assume the jury has met?

Mar 14, 06 6:24 pm
WonderK

Yes, I was wondering if anyone was going to mention this.

The whole thing was so quick. I mean, can we assume that if the exhibition starts tomorrow and we haven't gotten a call then we didn't win anything, right? Any guesses as to how many entries they got? It was too intensive to be something that a lot of people attempted, is my guess....

What web link are you looking at, ramoo?

Mar 14, 06 6:47 pm  · 
 · 
WonderK

This whole thing seems a little shady. I guess less shady than some competitions but still, I haven't heard at thing about it since I got the "we are experiencing shipping delays" email. At least the people trying to get into grad school get a rejection letter. :o(

Mar 14, 06 7:11 pm  · 
 · 
Gabe Bergeron

Haven't heard anything either - would they do an exhibit before judging?

Although I'm not particularly expecting a win - I'm no star (thankfully!) - just care about what happens in the city where I was born.

In any case, hope they found some grounded ideas

It would be great if they posted all the entries for people to see - and not just the ones chosen by the chosen ones.

Mar 14, 06 7:47 pm  · 
 · 
SuperBeatledud

damn straight, I had to pay a fee for that shit, it better be legite...

besides the fact that it would be an aweful thing to deceive people with such a tragedy...

Mar 14, 06 8:37 pm  · 
 · 
Gabe Bergeron

Just got an e-mail:

Dear Participants,

Thank you for entering Architectural Record’s international competition for new housing in New Orleans, in partnership with the Tulane School of Architecture. We are delighted to have received over 600 entries from around the world.

The jury will convene in New Orleans within the next few weeks to determine the winners of the competition, as well as a shortlist of commendable projects. The winners will be officially announced in May in New Orleans at the exhibition of the shortlisted projects. Winners and recipients of a Note of Commendation will also be notified by us.

A detailed write-up of the competition, including profiles of the winning designs, will be published in the June edition of Architectural Record and online at http://archrecord.construction.com There will also be an exhibition of the shortlisted designs at the AIA Convention in Los Angeles in June.

We greatly appreciate your contribution to rebuilding the Gulf Coast. You can follow our continued coverage of the reconstruction efforts currently underway on our dedicated Katrina pages at http://archrecord.construction.com/news/katrina. 

Best regards,

Your Competition Team

Mar 15, 06 4:18 pm  · 
 · 
WonderK

yeah, did you notice how the email was sent to every one of the competitors for us to see?!? And then they tried to recall it? And then they sent the real one, and they tried to recall it again?!

I've already gotten an email from somebody else I know that said "I see you entered the katrina competition", LOL.

Mar 15, 06 4:22 pm  · 
 · 
architecturegeek

We sent out three faxes one of which went through but never recieved confirmation. I'm still waiting to see if we were ever charged.. The whole thing was done very un-professionally, but being that it's arch record, I'm not really suprised.

Mar 15, 06 5:15 pm  · 
 · 
kissy_face

It seems strange that they are having an exhibition before announcing the winners. Seems a tad suspicious to me...

Mar 15, 06 8:52 pm  · 
 · 
ramoo

what's the word, folks? i heard they notified the finalists / winners.... anyone hear anything?

Apr 12, 06 8:28 pm  · 
 · 
Gabe Bergeron

We got selected as "worthy of exhibition"

Pretty sweet! Exhibitionists in NOLA!

Don't know who won though...

Apr 13, 06 5:54 pm  · 
 · 
WonderK

I don't know if you guys caught this but I completely missed it:

[url=http://archinect.com/news/article.php?id=38784_0_24_0_M
]Winners announced![/url]

I'm still holding out hope for the honorable mentions :o\

May 10, 06 5:53 pm  · 
 · 
WonderK

well crap.

Winners announced!

May 10, 06 5:54 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: