Archinect
anchor

New and Hungry

Philson

Hey everyone!

I just got on Archinect, well today, and I am really  excited. The discussions that are going on are exactly what I have been in search of and the description on my blog may help to shed some light on where I am at:

www.philwilson.ca

"This collection of projects, observations and thoughts is based in the visual, but seeks something below this thin surface. It is an attempt to reclaim a dialog with the world around us, instead of just becoming another outlet of digital junk. Each image is displayed one after another in a vertical stream. Viewed in this way the posts become part of the mass of visual noise, hovering over them allows for each to be understood as an individual experience with written text.

I have only recently added this functionality to my blog so older posts may only be visual. I will be going back and adding text for certain posts.

I am a graduate architecture student from Canada currently living in Dusseldorf Germany. I was tired of only seeing architectural images, and am more interested in hearing, stories, observations, ideas. Feel free to send me an email, or check out my current body of work."

Okay so my blog hasn't been overly successful because its hard to attract people, coming to archinet may be exactly what is needed, to join in on current initiatives. I realized there are other initiatives in this same direction after reading the latest 2011 issue of CLOG.

"Online press, blogs, tweets, social media, and other digital forums have drastically increased the speed at which architectural imagery is distributed and consumed today. While an unprecedented amount of work is available to the public, the lifespan of any single design or topic has been reduced in the profession's collective consciousness to a week, an afternoon, a single post-an endlessly changing architecture du jour. In the deluge, excellent projects receive the same fleeting attention as mediocre ones. Meanwhile, mere exposure has taken the place of thoughtful engagement, not to mention a substantive discussion.

CLOG slows things down. Each issue explores, from multiple viewpoints and through a variety of means, a single subject particularly relevant to architecture now. Succinctly, on paper, away from the distractions and imperatives of the screen."

This is why I am interested in being here, I will be doing a lot of posting to work towards generating some real relavent discussions. 

looking forward to it. 

Jan 18, 12 9:05 pm
position

Like your work--great range.  Keep up the hand sketching.

Jan 19, 12 8:05 pm  · 
 · 
Philson

Hey,

Thanks a lot. 

Jan 20, 12 2:49 pm  · 
 · 
w. architect

Stay thirsty my friend.

Jan 21, 12 10:35 am  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: