Archinect
anchor

Career Path Question

kirk.atkinson

Hi,

I’d like to become an architect, but I can't seem to find much information pertaining to my situation.

I have a bachelor’s degree in communication, a certificate in German language and international relations, and over 7 years experience in project management, site selection and economic development.

I am currently in business development for a global logistics company and spend most of my time performing site selection, facility design/layout and construction management... which I love.

Are there any work-education paths for me?

Thanks in advance.

-Kirk

Jan 18, 12 7:20 pm
ARCHCareersGuide.com

In the U.S., you need to accomplish three tasks to become an architect - 1) NAAB accredited degree; 2) completion of experience through Intern Development Program (IDP); and 3) passing the 7-part Architect Registration Examination (ARE).

As you have a degree, you would be eligible to apply to the Master of Architecture (3-4 years) - www.naab.org -, but you will find that most require full-time study. There are a few institutions that have work curriculum as part of their program, but it is for architecture.  Check out Boston Architectural College and Univ of Cincinnati; there are a few others, but some are BArch programs.

Visit ARCHCareers.org for more details on becoming an architect.

Best!

Jan 19, 12 7:10 am  · 
 · 

Education paths yes. Work paths not so much.

Jan 19, 12 11:51 am  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: