Archinect
anchor

27 February

The Equria is the annual horse-races held on the 27th of February and the 14th of March in the Campus Martius, in honor of Mars.
[I uess is time for me to again publish "Equiria" within Encyclopedia Ichnographica online.] If you happen to be in Rome, get in a car or taxi and race down the Corso and see how much fun reenactment can be.

271, 272 or 273 AD
Constantine born at Naissus (today's Nish, Serbia).
[Virtually all historians believe this is the first and only time Helena gave birth, but another story is told within The Odds of Ottopia.]
Today 1700 years ago, Constantine is celebrating his birthday with his father (and maybe even with his unknown to him half-sister who is presently his father's second wife) somewhere in Britannia, very possibly at today's York.

posted at archithetics 2001.02.27
The absence of his mother's virginity after he was born bothered Freud a lot. Plus, he was likewise upset because his father clearly wasn't (a) God. Poor Sigmund, that he came into this world as a mere mortal and not as the Messiah was so undeniably self evident. But that certainly didn't stop SF from establishing a new religion of the Self, complete with a Trinity of ego, id, and super-ego. [cf. Civilization And Its Discontents is full of metabolic (ie, dualistic creative/destructive) thinking.]

note to self 2001.02.27
De Spectaculis Ichnographia Campi Martii
This is the working title of the...

posted at design-l 2005.02.27
The hi-res USGS aerials of Philadelphia (2002) are pretty good. I was even able to detect the newly planted cedar trees of Cedar Grove, Philadelphia. Now on to Trumbauer architecture in situ.

Feb 27, 06 2:04 pm
mdler

my dad has a shovel

Feb 27, 06 5:57 pm  · 
 · 

posted at dl 2003.02.27

Ms. Curious:
"So what do you do?"

Mr. Nimiety:
"I collect museums."

=====

posted at talkback 2003.02.27

Welcome to the 24/7 myth buffet. I personally enjoy when it's "all you can eat."

=====

toward the end of a phone conversation 2006.02.27

"So on Thursday you'll come over to here, and from here we'll go to the Wagner Free Institute."

=====

love and war

=====

Feb 27, 06 6:51 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: