Archinect
anchor

Thread Central

sameolddoctor

Finally saw the EOM wrapper up close from the Bike Path. Super weird, excessive and probably not needed for these times of extreme inequality and social duress. But made a tiny bit of visual sense with all the concrete on the creek.

Jun 5, 24 6:39 pm  · 
6  · 

Interesting building. To be fair though, there has always been extreme inequality and social duress throughout the past 300 years.

Jun 5, 24 7:07 pm  · 
 · 
sameolddoctor

True Chad, but is this the Versailles Palace, maybe it is for some...

I guess what I wanted to say is that its kinda fits in the physical context, but not the social one.

Jun 5, 24 7:21 pm  · 
3  · 

It’s goofy-looking, IMO.

Jun 5, 24 8:27 pm  · 
4  · 
sameolddoctor

Totally...

Jun 5, 24 9:23 pm  · 
 · 
JLC-1

Could be a post apocalyptic movie location. Looks nuked.

Jun 5, 24 9:48 pm  · 
1  · 

Could be the black and white combined with the exposure of the photo . . .

Cool photo though.  I like the composition! 

Jun 6, 24 5:41 pm  · 
3  · 
proto

I really like your images of it
, sameold

Jun 6, 24 6:43 pm  · 
1  · 
sameolddoctor

Thanks!

Jun 6, 24 7:05 pm  · 
 · 
b3tadine[sutures]

Love the photos, love the building, both unsettle me in a good way.

Jun 6, 24 8:36 pm  · 
 · 
t a z

Is it... occupied?

Jun 7, 24 10:07 am  · 
1  · 
sameolddoctor

Did not look occupied

Jun 7, 24 11:25 am  · 
1  · 
Volunteer

What did it look like before the explosion?

Jun 10, 24 9:06 am  · 
2  · 
axonapoplectic

The swoopy things look terrible. It’s like some weird wish dot com off brand of the beijing bird’s nest.

Jun 10, 24 11:14 am  · 
 · 
axonapoplectic

Isn’t this an office building too? Imagine trying to lease this thing out when there is zero consistency floor to floor.

Jun 10, 24 11:22 am  · 
 · 
axonapoplectic

I also hear that most of buildings in the Hayden tract have a ton of issues.

Jun 10, 24 11:33 am  · 
1  · 
citizen

Great images, SOD. The black and white choice is perfect.

Jun 13, 24 8:53 pm  · 
1  · 
citizen

And as strange as this thing is, the more conventional, huge mixed-use thing across the street to the north
is not much better.

Jun 13, 24 8:54 pm  · 
1  · 

Freaking out in a good way - just signed a lease for my first office space after going out on my own in May last year. Not bad for only a year!

Jun 11, 24 10:21 am  · 
15  · 
proto

big step! congrats! good work begets good work!

Jun 11, 24 11:35 am  · 
 · 
b3tadine[sutures]

Did UL get rid of their printed Fire Resistance directories and I just not know about it? I've been using the online version, I'm not a fan, and previously it was support staff that was responsible for ordering our code and reference materials. How and where do you get yours?

Jun 17, 24 10:28 am  · 
 · 
Almosthip

I have an older refence book. I find the assembly I want in the book and then I look it up on the website for the updated information and current CAN/ULC.

Jun 17, 24 11:12 am  · 
 · 
Non Sequitur

B3ta, yes. As far as I know, the printed doc went bye bye several years ago when they revamped their website. It's a pain to learn the search functions but it has everything there and it is updated constantly.  You can also do reverse searches by using a specific product to find applicable assemblies.

Ahip, many of the assemblies in the old printed ULC docs have changed numbers or don't exist anymore.  We've also ran into issues where one assembly in the book was good, but the testing expired so they pulled the material from their website.  Office policy now is to only use assembly sheets directly from ULC website but that's too much work for some which only adds work for me when I need to dig out my cape and save the day.

Jun 17, 24 2:22 pm  · 
1  · 
b3tadine[sutures]

The printed version is so much better than the website.

Jun 17, 24 2:50 pm  · 
3  · 
b3tadine[sutures]

Thanks non.

Jun 17, 24 2:50 pm  · 
1  · 
Almosthip

ns -I just use my book as a starting point, but always use up to date information from the website

Jun 17, 24 6:24 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: