Archinect
anchor

Best Day Ever

evilplatypus

Is today not the best day ever in the midwest in January?

Jan 27, 06 2:45 pm
liberty bell

Yes!!!!! But it's breaking my heart because my body's feeling spring and yet I know that in 3 weeks we'll be ice-locked and grey once again. Damn the Midwest weather.

I also delivered some drawings before deadline, followed by the best ever lunch out, which made this Friday beyond awesome.

Jan 27, 06 2:53 pm  · 
 · 
ether

over-cast but lovely here. took the dogs on a nice walk around campus.

Jan 27, 06 2:56 pm  · 
 · 
brian buchalski

yes

le bossman, do you still want snow?

Jan 27, 06 2:59 pm  · 
 · 

where Im at in the SW we have had spring like weather pretty much since Thanksgiving. We are getting a little scared.

No snow=No water in the spring+No tourists in the winter

Jan 27, 06 2:59 pm  · 
 · 

but I am enjoying today, sorry if that brings down the mood... :(

Jan 27, 06 3:00 pm  · 
 · 
garpike

Reporting from Erie, PA:
It is nice. The snow has melted and the sun is out.

I plan to go see a friend's band this Saturday, so I am hoping the weather stays nice. Ice and crutches don't mix. I haven't been out in a month - doctor's appointments aside.

Jan 27, 06 3:03 pm  · 
 · 
e

gray and wet here in seattle. are you surprised?

Jan 27, 06 3:08 pm  · 
 · 
Emerson123

It is beautiful out! I am so much happier when it is sunny, the long spans of grey skies can get so depressing! I keep wondering, though, when the real winter will hit full force.

What nice weather to start the weekend, though!

Jan 27, 06 3:38 pm  · 
 · 
Ramsey

You can't ask for any better than 50+ degrees and bright clear sunshine in January in Chicago. You know.....the boss is out of town.......I have to deliver some revised drawings to a client 3 blocks away......but it's sort of on the way home and by then it would just be silly to come ALL the way back those 3 blocks in the opposite direction to the office for what? 2 more hours? Yeah, I might as well just head home.

Jan 27, 06 3:45 pm  · 
 · 
brian buchalski

it's been ridiculous in the midwest recently...mildest january i can remember. i walked out of the office at five last night and it was actually still sunny out. felt like daylight savings had suddenly kicked in.

Jan 27, 06 3:45 pm  · 
 · 
ferd

i miss the midwest..................

Jan 27, 06 4:05 pm  · 
 · 
Rim Joist

Well, ferd, you'd be diggin' my new house... nuthin' but a couple miles of midwest prairie front, back, both sides.

I'm in heaven.

Jan 27, 06 4:19 pm  · 
 · 
garpike

I remember mountain biking in Central Ohio January of 2002. Warmest January ever! Is there a 4-year cycle of good weather? But I remember reading in the Farmer's Almanac about a 7-year bad winter cycle.

I would guess our good weather is hurricane related.

Jan 27, 06 4:25 pm  · 
 · 
Emerson123

Wait, has El Ninio returned?

Jan 27, 06 5:28 pm  · 
 · 
WonderK

Was it nice out today? I've been buried in work and did not know this....

Jan 27, 06 5:58 pm  · 
 · 
garpike

It was aight.

Jan 27, 06 9:25 pm  · 
 · 
vado retro

yes i snapped this pic out the office window...

Jan 28, 06 8:04 am  · 
 · 
driftwood
Aiiii....

You didn't even have to use the 500m zoom lens, did you?

Grey and wet here in Vancouver.
My walk back from studio last night was hell on earth. +15MPH wind gusts, base temp. of around 35, and a nice cold, driving rain.

Jan 28, 06 3:32 pm  · 
 · 

a friend of mine has always wanted to print t-shirts for days like today (and yesterday): Ain't Global Warming Grand?

Jan 28, 06 5:10 pm  · 
 · 
sporadic supernova

yikes !! Vado ... any vacancy in you office ?

Jan 29, 06 7:11 am  · 
 · 
vado retro

yeah we do have an opening. but this would be the view out your window

Jan 29, 06 9:11 am  · 
 · 
sporadic supernova

I'll pass .. hahahaha

Jan 29, 06 11:23 pm  · 
 · 
whistler

Yes its been good the last month 12 feet of new snow in January and its still dumping, pulled out a great pair of new fat boards and ripped them through the 35 cm of white smoke we had today.

Jan 30, 06 12:32 am  · 
 · 
le bossman

to heck with all of you!! what was our winter in november? spring in january? this is everybody's fault you know. we are all going to die because of global warming now. they better have snow at mount bohemia.

Jan 30, 06 6:37 pm  · 
 · 
driftwood

Warm and sunny! Finally!! And I'm stuck in studio...

Jan 30, 06 6:46 pm  · 
 · 
garpike

At least when we die from global warming it will be refreshingly chilly.

Jan 30, 06 6:55 pm  · 
 · 
le bossman

oh yeah that's right i forgot that's going to happen

Jan 30, 06 7:11 pm  · 
 · 
whistler

Actually today was even better ......40 cm new. so much for work!

Jan 30, 06 7:36 pm  · 
 · 
liberty bell

Another gorgeous Friday afternoon in the heartland. Supposed to get snow flurries but so far all I see out my basement office areaway window is sunny skies. Best coffee ever this morning followed by accomplishing a ton of work, picked up sandwiches for my contractors and husband and had a nice lunch at home, now back to work. Think I'll indulge in a glass of wine with dinner tonight. Ah, lovely.

Feb 10, 06 1:39 pm  · 
 · 
vado retro

best day ever???its freaky 10 degrees out and it feels like negative 2. im breakin out the flannel sheets people...

Feb 18, 06 12:50 pm  · 
 · 
abracadabra

it rained but now the sun is out. socal weather, thats why its so damn expensive around here. it is freezing out @60's. i apoligize.

Feb 18, 06 1:25 pm  · 
 · 
momentum

todays weather in atlanta... cold and wet / not so good.

but i finally got that oil change i've been needing for almost 2 years.

Feb 18, 06 6:27 pm  · 
 · 
evilplatypus

Its starting to look like the best ever again - its 45 in Dtown Chi and sunny skies after a miserable February I'd rather forget!!

Where,s Indy checking in?
DC?
Pitt?
Milawaukee?
Philly?

Feb 19, 07 3:18 pm  · 
 · 
vado retro

i was driving around with my windows open at lunchtime. feels like a heatwave.

Feb 19, 07 4:50 pm  · 
 · 
liberty bell

It was a balmy 36 degrees today. Yes!!!!

While enjoying the weather, and with my son's help, I built my first-ever snow fort - and I'm quite proud. (Please don't laugh, I grew up in Phoenix!)

Feb 19, 07 5:40 pm  · 
 · 
snooker

Hope your sending it our way.....it was 3 above this morning with a howling wind...and I can still walk across the snow cause it is frozen so hard. The Sad thing is I could be in Rio....enjoying Carnival and getting sunburnt like a lobster this week. Oh well there is always next year.

Feb 19, 07 5:58 pm  · 
 · 
evilplatypus

Woh - You saying Chi-tizle is on the sizzle tip today? Who would of thunk

Feb 19, 07 6:17 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: