Archinect
anchor

super bowl sunday.

well it's offical. the seahawks and the steelers are going to detroit.

the steelers are my childhood team a la bradshaw, harris, swann, stalworth, et al. i now reside in seattle where the hawks are going to the super bowl for the first time ever. since i'm not a huge football fan, my heart, while torn, will have to go with the seahawks.

who do you want to see win?

Jan 22, 06 10:16 pm
nathanc

I just want to see some wardrobe fail

Jan 22, 06 10:17 pm  · 
 · 
Jr.

Steelers (even though I'm from Seattle). Antwaan Randle El went to Indiana University and I loved to watch him play. Plus, he was always a nice guy when he was in the library.

Jan 22, 06 10:24 pm  · 
 · 
garpike

Pgh.

Not a big fan of sports in general, but I was born there. Great town.

Jan 22, 06 10:28 pm  · 
 · 
nathanc

Sorry to semi-pirate your thread here, but while we're on the subject of sports.....how about the Longhorns?

Champs in Baseball. Champs in Football. #5 in Bball.

If things go right in March it could be the best year athletically for a school EVER.

Jan 22, 06 10:32 pm  · 
 · 
joe

go steelers. I remember 10 years ago when o'donnel screwed us. hopefully we can pull it out.

Jan 22, 06 10:57 pm  · 
 · 
ochona

when i was four years old i thought i was hall-of-fame pittsburgh steelers running back franco harris because i had the jersey. my kindergarten teacher told me that i wasn't and it broke my heart. she told me that, for one thing, i wasn't "black", which kinda surprised me because i'd never seen a "black" person before, just some people who were really really brown.

needless to say i shall be rooting for steel over silicon this super bowl sunday.

Jan 22, 06 11:05 pm  · 
 · 
Janosh

Roethlisburger and the Steelers. Miami of Ohio represent.

Jan 22, 06 11:06 pm  · 
 · 
WonderK

I am a Bengals fan, and while I respect Bettis, Rothlisburger, and Ward as players, and I like Pittsburg well enough as a city, I am obligated to despise them out of home team loyalty, and I always fulfill my obligations.

Plus my firm did a project for Shaun Alexander.

Go Seahawks.

Jan 22, 06 11:18 pm  · 
 · 
Geoff Manaugh

Pittsburgh - who I should be against (I'm in Philly), but they've got Bettis... The dude's huge. Even though Seattle is playing like crazy this year – and though I should be all stoked about their first, virgin Super Bowl appearance – I think Paul Allen's with the wrong company and Seattle can always come back next year.

Steve Jobs should buy the Seahawks.

So Pittsburgh. It's their year. Either way, I won't mind, really - it'll be a good game.

Any Philly-basers, be in touch; watch it at my place!

Jan 22, 06 11:44 pm  · 
 · 
vado retro

da bears

Jan 22, 06 11:46 pm  · 
 · 
b3tadine[sutures]

i have been a steelers fan since the age of 7even. steelers win by 15, and the score 31-16.

Jan 23, 06 9:07 am  · 
 · 
e

even though i hope seattle wins, i just can't be sad about the steelers winning. as geoff said, it should be a good one.

Jan 23, 06 11:42 am  · 
 · 
brian buchalski

i'm a pats fan but i'm pulling for the steelers in this one. given his longevity, i'd like to see bill cowher get a championship. it seems that most teams (owners & fans) barely give a coach two full seasons before they run him out of town and i feel it would be good example to see the patience of the pittsburgh fans & ownership rewarded.

besides, the bus finishing his career back home in detroit with a super bowl championship...what a great story.

Jan 23, 06 11:48 am  · 
 · 
liberty bell

Which team's uniforms look cooler? That's who I'm pulling for.

Jan 23, 06 12:12 pm  · 
 · 
e

imo, the black and gold of the steelers.

Jan 23, 06 12:14 pm  · 
 · 
Geoff Manaugh

Seattle's color combo is prety fucking cool I gotta say.

I would've been for the Pats, too, puddles... Oh well. Next year.

All I gotta say is Jerome Bettis. The dude's like one of those dinosaurs with plates all over its back, the Stegasaurus or whatever it is. But a stegasaurus who smiles all the time. He's constantly smiling! And did you see that touchdown he got yesterday, he just starts bellowing and screaming, it was *hilarious*. The Microsoft Seahawks don't have a prayer. Microsoft for god's sake!

Jan 23, 06 12:36 pm  · 
 · 
Geoff Manaugh

That's what I'm talking about!

Bettis! Stomping all over Windows XP.

Jan 23, 06 12:39 pm  · 
 · 

I love shawn alexander, but I have to take the steel city. bone crushing!

Jan 23, 06 12:59 pm  · 
 · 
WonderK

Does Microsoft own the Seahawks or something? Why does that reference keep coming up?

Jan 23, 06 1:26 pm  · 
 · 
e

paul allen, co-founder of microsauce is the owner. allen pretty much owns seattle: the hawks, gehry's emp and scifiction museum, south lake union development, and more.

Jan 23, 06 1:44 pm  · 
 · 
ochona

the only thing people in fort worth liked about dallas was the cowboys. and i grew up as and still am a cowboys fan.

as a kid, though, i remember being very confused because my dad was also a steelers fan, and back in the staubach/bradshaw days that was kind of a sin in dallas. not as bad as liking washington, but that's because they were in our division.

it's too bad, seattle is nice and all, but yep, bill cowher's done earned it. steelers up by 10.

Jan 23, 06 5:49 pm  · 
 · 
ochona

oh and i almost smacked terry bradshaw's corvette (?) driver's-side with my old blazer as he screamed out of his driveway (without looking or stopping) onto pearson lane in southlake, TX. brush with fame.

Jan 23, 06 5:53 pm  · 
 · 
vado retro

the bus's ankle is bigger than my thigh...

Jan 23, 06 6:49 pm  · 
 · 
Geoff Manaugh

That's because the Bus kicks ass!

Jan 23, 06 8:29 pm  · 
 · 
Jr.

I *wish* his ankles were bigger than my thighs.

Jan 24, 06 2:20 pm  · 
 · 
Ms Beary

STEELERS

Jan 24, 06 2:53 pm  · 
 · 
e
Steelers Buck Tradition to Wear White
Jan 24, 06 5:32 pm  · 
 · 

their wearing white, its chinese new year, and the day after my birthday = steelers y two touchs...

Jan 24, 06 5:39 pm  · 
 · 
brand avenue

Go Stillers!

(learn more pittsburghese here)

Jan 24, 06 5:39 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: