Archinect
anchor

GENERAL NOTES, where?

snook_dude

IT is always a good idea to read your Stuctural Engineers Notes. I can't tell you how many things I have found over the years which get carried from one job to another. The Same thing goes for General Conditions on State Contracts. I have found a total number of four different Jobs referenced in one set of General Conditions for one Job which have been issued by the State.

Not long ago I came across a Reference to the Old State Building Code which has now been gone for three years. So be careful.

Apr 26, 08 6:58 pm  · 
 · 
snook_dude

I recall a set of Subdivision Drawings which came back to our office
with Red Marks from the City with one of the notes highlighted, It Read: "We the under designed" instood of "We the under signed."
With the names of each and every county commissioner and a place for their John Hancock. It was none of our doing but and old semi-retired Civil Engineer, so we all had a big chuckle.

Apr 26, 08 7:03 pm  · 
 · 
dsc_arch

There is a local urban myth of having contractor to provide pizza to architect after rough inspection and it actually happening.

Apr 26, 08 7:57 pm  · 
 · 
blah

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: