Archinect
anchor

INTP

TWINE

"The Architect"

just curious how many of you guys out there have this personality typing... *shrug*.

I do, which is fun to remind myself of sometimes... even though I'm not an architect, but I am interested.

http://keirsey.com/personality/ntip.html

Jan 11, 06 11:46 pm
WonderK

Excellent thread topic. Well done.

I am an ENTP, which is close enough as far as I'm concerned, as I actually am an architect. I used to be an ENFP and will probably fluctuate, I was always borderline on the T/F. They say the closer you are to the center the better. Too bad I'm about as far "E" as I can get.

On a side note, the last time I took one of those "what career should you hchoose" tests, I should have been a cruise director.

OK kids come on, you know you want to take the test....I want to see what everyone else is. Then when everyone posts their Keirsey temperment I'll ask you about another personality type....I love this stuff.

Jan 12, 06 12:26 am  · 
 · 
myriam

I'm an ENTP which is DEAD on. I used to be an ENTJ until I grew up and learned the world is not black and white and I totally shifted from J to P. Curious!

Jan 12, 06 12:28 am  · 
 · 
TWINE

I retake the test occasionally; first time I took it was junior year of HS... so wow, about four years ago.

I take it sporadically, but in the past 4 years probably... 4 times. It's aaalways the same.

I sort of wish I was INTJ, from all the descriptions I've read they seem more capable of things than an INTP a lot ;p

Jan 12, 06 12:31 am  · 
 · 
Ms Beary

i am an INTJ, nothing but, ever.

Jan 12, 06 12:36 am  · 
 · 
dia

snap strawbeary...

Jan 12, 06 12:43 am  · 
 · 
MMatt

The 2-4% of the population who are INTJs are insufferable jackasses. I should know, I am one.

I usually figure these categorizing tests (and anything else given by a career counseler, guidance counseler, etc) to be over-generalizing and entirely bunk, but I must admit, the Myers-Briggs strikes me as pretty accurate.

.mm

Jan 12, 06 3:37 am  · 
 · 
Emerson123

I am an ENFP. Everything I read about my type is dead-on, too. I have a need to be included in everything and I strive for win-win situations, which is true. I loathe conflict. I have taken the test a few different times, and it never changes. My favorite part of the write up is "When he or she is in charge of economic resources, the ENFP's home may contain extravagant luxuries while necessities may be missing." That is me!

Here's a slight aside for you: there is only one person at our office that is an INTP, our firm is about 12 people. We have two champions (me and one of my bosses), two masterminds, a composer, a counselor, a crafter, and I can't remember the others off the top of my head.

Jan 12, 06 7:04 am  · 
 · 
WonderK

I know there are more of you looking at this thread.

Out with it.....what type are you?

Jan 12, 06 9:45 am  · 
 · 
liberty bell

I'm an Aries. Dead on.

Oh, oops, that's a different set of standards...

Jan 12, 06 10:40 am  · 
 · 
myriam

lib bell i'm gonna guess you're an entp as well :) am i right?

Jan 12, 06 10:44 am  · 
 · 
stephanie

I'M IN THE INTP CLUB.

Jan 12, 06 10:45 am  · 
 · 
liberty bell

I honestly don't remember, myriam -I took the test in grad school and I remember I was one letter off from being "the architect" (which was mildly disappointing) but I don't remember which letter it was!

Jan 12, 06 10:47 am  · 
 · 
myriam

ha ha, I was disappointed by that too--because if I recall correctly, and I should check this, but I think ENTP is engineer or some shit like that, and the only difference between it and "architect" was extroverted v. introverted. So I remember being pissed that an engineer is supposedly just an extroverted architect (bullshit!) whereas I would have said they were also J instead of P.

...or whatever. *ahem* you know, um, these things, are just like, useless, um, yeah.

Jan 12, 06 10:50 am  · 
 · 
WonderK

I like the titles they assign us. I went from being a "champion" to an "inventor". I think I'm OK with this.

Jan 12, 06 11:03 am  · 
 · 
le bossman

i've taken 2 personality tests. one was INTP, the other was INFP. one of my roomates [an architect] was an INTP, the other [also an architect] was an INTP/INFT split, and his girlfriend, who was also an architect, was an INTP.

Jan 12, 06 11:11 am  · 
 · 
skeerd

i was an xntj in high school with was 10 years ago although i think i am more introverted. i wonder if i am still the same.

Jan 12, 06 11:41 am  · 
 · 
archaalto

Fluctuate from INTP to INFP.

Usually caused by drink...

Jan 12, 06 12:49 pm  · 
 · 

i can't be bothered to make my way through the test. does that begin to indicate my type?

Jan 12, 06 12:53 pm  · 
 · 
liberty bell

myriam, Steven needs your help please - can you answer his question!?

Jan 12, 06 12:55 pm  · 
 · 
TWINE

heh, Steven, then maybe you're an artisan! they're supposedly terribly impatient.

Interesting that you guys are all of the types I was expecting, dead on.

I guess I should start working on what I was apparently born to do, or something... er yea... *cough*.

Thanks guys, this is fun. :)

Jan 12, 06 1:22 pm  · 
 · 
TWINE

Oh and by the way, if you're a sucker like me for personality tests, then

www.similarminds.com (for enneagram typing at least)

and www.ansir.com

the Ansir Types are maybe a little general, but they're still fun.

I forgot my enneagram number, but my ansir profile turns out to be:

Extremist/Eccentrik/Eccentrik (me / working / emoting)

Jan 12, 06 1:27 pm  · 
 · 
b3tadine[sutures]

INTP

Jan 12, 06 2:06 pm  · 
 · 
ret

INFJ...shit!

Jan 12, 06 2:07 pm  · 
 · 
WonderK

meggilicious, I'm giving you a gold star for Best Newbie.

I was going to bring up the Enneagram but you beat me to it! I'm a 7 by the way. I don't think that has anything to do with my profession though.

Jan 12, 06 2:08 pm  · 
 · 
A Center for Ants?

INTP

Jan 12, 06 2:20 pm  · 
 · 
TWINE

Haha, thanks. I sort of regret my handle now, I should have made it at least a little less uh... frilly/ridiculous.

I think I'm a 7 too, actually... and then there's some other aspect of the Enneagram Test, some underlying... thing (great description, I know), mine happens to be... sexual? Something about me being dominant, I can't quite remember.

And woo, I like how all of us represent <3% of the population and we're all talking... gotta love the internet.

Jan 12, 06 2:33 pm  · 
 · 
A Center for Ants?

crap. other test says i'm ENTP

Jan 12, 06 2:37 pm  · 
 · 
Ms Beary

Spoke to soon, I don't know what I was thinking above, thought I remembered from a previous moment, but I took test again and I am an INFP. The "Healer". The description is flattering, but only represents one side of me.

Jan 12, 06 3:49 pm  · 
 · 
myriam

ahhhhh steven.... I am looking deeply into my tea leaves..... I see an I... an N.... definitely a J... probably a T....

no really, I don't even remember what half those letters mean anymore. And I'm only willing to procrastinate as far as it takes to reach this page--not to do any more surfing than that!

Sorry elle belle, hope I don't disappoint!

Jan 12, 06 3:52 pm  · 
 · 
myriam

Wait a minute, if we're each a different 2% of the population, then who on earth makes up the majority?! WHAT ARE THOSE UNKNOWN MASSES LIKE? ARE THEY P's OR J's?????

I won't be able to sleep till I find out.

Jan 12, 06 3:53 pm  · 
 · 
TWINE

I vs. E = introverted | extroverted
N vs. S = intuition | sensing
T vs. F = thinking | feeling
P vs. J = perceiving | judging

... whatever that means exactly

Jan 12, 06 3:54 pm  · 
 · 
Ms Beary

Ansir says I am Evokateur, Empath, Visionary

Jan 12, 06 4:19 pm  · 
 · 
TWINE

OH and Myriam. Rationals = that 2-3%, I guess? Most people are Guardians or Artisans, then Idealists, then... us. :D

Jan 12, 06 4:29 pm  · 
 · 
JAG

I've taken the test three times with the same result:

INTJ

I had my girlfriend take the test....Result:

ESFP

This is on her profile:

Mates: There is an affinity of the INTJ "scientist" for the ESFP exciting entertainer. This type of mating, however, is so infrequent as to be a mere academic interest (the INTJ is a mere 1 percent of the population and, furthermore, rarely comes in contact with ESFP).

Jan 12, 06 5:58 pm  · 
 · 
JAG

I feel lucky everytime we "mate".

Jan 12, 06 5:59 pm  · 
 · 
MMatt

Percentage breakdown: http://www.personalitypage.com/demographics.html

Jan 12, 06 6:28 pm  · 
 · 
myriam

so the minority of humans engage in rational thought? hmm, interesting.

Jan 12, 06 7:09 pm  · 
 · 
vado retro

im lazy liberty will you do this for me after you finish your all nighter?

Jan 12, 06 8:25 pm  · 
 · 
liberty bell

vado I'm guessing you're a Mastermind. Or maybe a Composer. Or maybe...aww screw it let's have some beers and take the test together - that'll make it more accurate I'm sure!

myriam - I am certain the corollary of your statement is true: the majority of humans do not engage in rational thought.

Jan 12, 06 8:31 pm  · 
 · 
vado retro

or maybe justa poseur...

Jan 12, 06 8:47 pm  · 
 · 
Hasselhoff

That explains it. ESTJ. The supervisor. A subset of the guardian. In that case, get back to work ya' hacks!

Jan 12, 06 8:57 pm  · 
 · 
myriam

elle belle: you got my gist :)

Jan 12, 06 9:08 pm  · 
 · 
dxtx

i'm a iNTP.
i occasionally dip into the eNTP pool but only for a short time.
over the years, i'd say it's pretty accurate.
i was an iNTP before i even wanted to get into architecture, i actually just decided to get into architecture within the past month. i don't know what took me so long..

Jan 12, 06 9:36 pm  · 
 · 
TWINE

I know how you feel dxtx...

And wow, MMatt, I must say those stats are depressing! But I'm a Gemini INTP, so maybe it'll make up for it, with my Moon in Leo and my rising in Virgo. Hah.

Most stats = bleh anyway.

Jan 12, 06 10:34 pm  · 
 · 
WonderK

Oh no. Not another gemini....

:oP

Kidding of course. I'm a Libra so we're cosmic buddies. But that's a whole nother can of worms....

Jan 12, 06 11:50 pm  · 
 · 
vado retro

i think wonder k is a CUTE
lb is a FINE

Jan 12, 06 11:59 pm  · 
 · 
Josh Emig

Did you all buy the temperament report? I tested as Rational, but I don't know about the four letter thing. Is there another place to find that?

Jan 13, 06 12:17 am  · 
 · 
SuperHeavy

if you're withdrawn and introspective, then you don't need a test to tell you you are withdrawn and intropsective.

Jan 13, 06 11:57 am  · 
 · 
c.k.

yeah, i figured that if i'm a Rational, i'm not gonna pay 15 bucks to find out that i'm an architect

Jan 13, 06 12:15 pm  · 
 · 
Nevermore

I got my result as "IDEALIST" and a whole page of text which I was too bored and tired to read.

now what ?

Jan 13, 06 1:51 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: