Archinect
anchor

INTP

ryanj

<< another insufferable jackass member of the INTJs

Jan 13, 06 8:56 pm  · 
 · 

I guess I'm the only INFP in the biz...that gives me a fine excuse to do some appropriate moping.

Jan 14, 06 12:26 am  · 
 · 
TWINE

I retook the test and I'm ENTP. I think I fluctuate between I and E often. I mean, when I'm alone, usually I is going on. When I'm around others, the E is totally out there.

When I'm at work, I'm pretty sure I'm an E, also. Woo.

Jan 14, 06 1:13 pm  · 
 · 
garpike

INTJ

Mastermind Rationals unite!

Jan 14, 06 4:27 pm  · 
 · 
e909

meggilicious's list has some pairs where one of the pair doesn't appear to exclude its "mate".
N vs. S = intuition | sensing
T vs. F = thinking | feeling

N isn't 'opposite' of S
T isn't 'opposite' of F
i'd say they work well when joined.

~~~~~~~
i only know that i'm not J. and when i'm E, i know i'm not I.

depending which test and when, iirc, i've been INTP or I??P, probably INFP.

Jan 14, 06 9:59 pm  · 
 · 
TWINE

I didn't necessarily mean they were working against one another, just giving overall briefs, and to follow the format I was already on ;p

Jan 14, 06 11:52 pm  · 
 · 
e909

yeah, but it's those tests that set those initials as exclusive, as if in opposition. they want to determine whether the test taker is N or S, and won't let the testtaker be both.

Jan 15, 06 5:48 am  · 
 · 
WonderK

Actually, the Myers-Briggs test doesn't state that the letters are in opposition to each other. Rather it lists the characteristics as a set of preferences and that all four of these preferences work together to create a personality type. It also says that extreme versions of any of these preferences is not desirable, and the closer you get to balance between the "opposing" traits, the better. Essentially if you don't prefer one over the other or can switch between the two then you are probably a pretty well-adjusted person.

Jan 15, 06 4:56 pm  · 
 · 
WonderK

PS. All personality tests have flaws. Everything is flawed. But these tests are a way to categorize us in ways that psychology professionals can relate to and speak to. Besides it's kind of interesting to see how many labels we can give each other. Also the Myers-Briggs test is one of the oldest and most widely accepted personality tests so it's one that a lot of people can talk about thus.....this thread.

Jan 15, 06 4:59 pm  · 
 · 
vado retro

Are you saying that i'm flawed wk? i'm gonna sue you! oh, sorry that s a different thread...

Jan 15, 06 7:34 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: