Archinect
anchor

lomography

xtbl

anybody else come across this? i think it's pretty damn interesting

http://www.lomography.com/worldbrowser/

Jan 5, 06 4:22 pm

i hadn't looked at the website yet...but for christmas i got two cameras that the lomographic society international makes and sells through DWR (design within reach)

the supersampler

the fish eye

they came with great packaging a cool little booklets too...

Jan 5, 06 4:29 pm  · 
 · 
xtbl

those cameras are dope! i think i've just found a new hobby!

Jan 5, 06 4:31 pm  · 
 · 
xtbl

also check out the action sampler

Jan 5, 06 4:33 pm  · 
 · 
atowle

Ive been in to lomography for a long time . . . honestly the online community is even greater than archinect! Ive made some great friends from all over the world . . . and you know what? no one bitches about any one else (at least not regularly), everone is friendly and has nothing but creative comments.

check out my 'lomohome' if you want . . . here

The lc-a (the original russian lomo mechanical camera) is such an amazing machine, the colours and contrast is outragious at times.

Jan 5, 06 6:54 pm  · 
 · 
xtbl

very nice. i really like the way the black and white shots come out.

Jan 5, 06 7:23 pm  · 
 · 

i spent some time on the lomo website last night...some very cool stuff...i had never heard of xprocessing...you shoot on slide film (E6) and then process it with normal C41 processing and the colors and contrast come out all wacky...this can also be done the opposite way (regular film through E6 slide processing) to get some cool grainy results...some very cool effects if you're willing to give up some control over the final image (which is sorta the whole point of lomography)...

Jan 6, 06 1:26 pm  · 
 · 
quixotica

I love Lomography.com
I have a Holga and their Action Sampler and I'm using my leftover Christmas money to get the Horizon Perfekt. Ahh true panoramic Photos for the fraction of the cost of a widelux? Priceless.

My very basic Holga Lomohome

Jan 6, 06 2:42 pm  · 
 · 
ether

I've been thinking lately about purchasing a Lomo for a change of pace from digital. After a little bit of research it seems the LC-A, Holga or Diana might be a good introduction camera. There's obvious price differences between the LC-A and the other two so I'm curious if the if it's worth the splurge for the curious. There are also different pacakages available (starter kit, deluxe, etc). Are these worth it for a beginner or should I look else where for film and accessories? Thanks!

Oct 24, 07 10:13 am  · 
 · 
n_

I have a few lomo cameras - fish eye, horizon, colorsplash, supersampler, and holga.

My only beef is that they are pretty shitty quality (horizon excluded; that is well-built). I've gone through two fish eyes in three years. And the colorsplash is frozen on a single color. I take care of them pretty well and know a decent bit about photography and cameras so I don't think it's user error. I think it's a poor product.

But, they dominate the market for interesting, fun cameras so I'll continue shopping there for my little heart's desires.

Oct 24, 07 11:05 am  · 
 · 
ether

How do you like your Holga, n_? Do you have a digital camera? How often do you find yourself using your Lomo cameras instead of your digital?

I'm actually leaning towards the Holga or Diana for the price reasons alone. Although, if someone has some strong opinions for considering the LC-A, I'm all ears.

Oct 24, 07 11:16 am  · 
 · 
n_

I have a digital camera, althought it's not an SLR. I have an analog SLR instead.

I enjoy the Holga. It's a great camera. My Horizon and Holga continually fight to win first place in my heart. I definately recommend purchasing it.

As for my lomo usage vs. digital usage, it's kind of a toss up. It depends what I plan on shooting. It's fair to say, I bring my small digital camera with me everywhere. Usually when I am going to an event or themed party or something special, I always bust out the lomos. Creative environments call for creative images.

Oct 24, 07 1:39 pm  · 
 · 
mdler

I used to build pinhole cameras when I had ready access to a darkroom...made a pretty sweet geodesic dome camera once

Im going to try to make some digital pinholes out of various computer scanner / camera parts

Oct 24, 07 5:07 pm  · 
 · 
ether

just bought the Diana+. should be here just in time for the new baby.

Oct 24, 07 5:26 pm  · 
 · 
ether

the marketing behind lomography(.com) is genius. they included a small hardback portfolio with tons of Diana+ images, process descriptions and and an intuitive user manual. the camera is fully manual, uses 120 film with two different settings, has a continuous panorama function and two pinhole options as well. now all i need is a scanner to digitalize the negatives for manips and archiving.

Oct 31, 07 2:19 pm  · 
 · 
n_

I love the little portfolios that come with their cameras. My Horizon came with some long, horizontal poster-type prints. They were beautiful images.

Oct 31, 07 4:45 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: