Archinect
anchor

Thoughts on the new Strokes album...

Smokety Mc Smoke Smoke

Wow ... I'm glad there are some Earth and Sunn O))) devotees out there. I love writing papers while listening to these guys at very loud volumes.

Also, I love how on the back of Sunn O)))'s GrimmRobe Demos, one can read the words DOOM:POWER:AMBIENT:DRONE:INVOKATION

Rawk!!!!

Jan 5, 06 3:37 pm  · 
 · 
inkwray

I played in a band after high school called The Defects.
Then somebody wanted me to be the bassist for another band but i moved to chicago.
punk rock I didn't even know how to play an instrument besides piano(ugh)

Jan 5, 06 3:52 pm  · 
 · 
mm

oh, how can I forget... at the first show my band performed the other lead singer (yes, there were two of us singing) burst blood vessels in his chest while on stage. (Un)fortunately, he was wearing a shirt, so we only saw the damage after we got off stage.

Jan 5, 06 3:59 pm  · 
 · 
JohnProlly

hailing from NC's metal scene:

xInTheShadowsx

xSoulIntegrityx

Social Phobia

Jan 5, 06 4:23 pm  · 
 · 
JohnProlly
Sing Along!
Jan 5, 06 4:26 pm  · 
 · 
FrankLloydMike

okay, this is a few responses back, but the name of the band I was in ended up being Sausalito (after the cookie, not the town), but it was originally called the Future Husbands of Kirsten Dunst. man, were we horrible

Jan 5, 06 10:00 pm  · 
 · 
FrankLloydMike

okay, this is a few responses back, but the name of the band I was in ended up being Sausalito (after the cookie, not the town), but it was originally called the Future Husbands of Kirsten Dunst. man, were we horrible

Jan 5, 06 10:00 pm  · 
 · 
vado retro

my bands:
eighth grade: DeathWish
also Cold Shoulder, WhiteLightWhiteHeat, Death By Strangulation Blues Band, SnidelyWhiplash and VadoRetro

Jan 5, 06 10:12 pm  · 
 · 
stephanie

ok....
i was in a "band" called veronica and the mental foreplays
and another one called nooks and crannies.

they were ok, and serious enough to make recordings, not good though.

Jan 6, 06 10:12 am  · 
 · 
quixotica

Vada you had me all confused for a second. When you said you were in "whitenoisewhiteheat" i was like Damn! i've heard of them! The i realized I was confusing you with a local college radio station show called "white noise white beat." Sorry for ruining your 15 minutes so quickly.

Jan 6, 06 10:20 am  · 
 · 
stephanie

white light white heat is a velvet underground album

Jan 6, 06 12:29 pm  · 
 · 
quixotica

Haha I didn't know that either, I probably would have thought they had travelled to the future, landed on the east coast, Philly Jersey area and happened to turn on the radio to 103.3 on thursday nights from 5-9 and stolen the name from Princeton's college radio show. It's not that far fetched, adventures like that are an everyday occurance for Lou Reed.

Jan 6, 06 12:45 pm  · 
 · 
vado retro

yes it is steph and waldo jeffers has reached his limit...

Jan 6, 06 7:05 pm  · 
 · 
vado retro

an original "stroker"

Jan 6, 06 7:09 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: