Archinect
anchor

gensler salary raise

solocup

anyone know if gensler is back to giving annual raises? if so, any idea when they usually give them out? i heard they were one of the few firms to continue giving out bonuses through the downturn but im guessing salaries were frozen...

also, what about the other corporate giants?....it sounds like the big firms are starting to pull out of this crap economy and are still hiring like crazy in some offices. wondering if these places are back to business as usual yet.

Dec 12, 11 9:06 pm

If you work there, you'd do better to ask your friends at the firm. If you don't, why do you care?

Dec 12, 11 10:24 pm  · 
 · 
Token AE

I think you will find that hiring is taking place at a rather frenetic pace with some of the big firms, but it is not evenly distributed across all of their offices. It still has a lot to do with what city you are in and how much cash that regional economy has available for construction.

Dec 12, 11 10:36 pm  · 
 · 
solocup

E Williams - no i dont work there....so why do I care? just maybe I'm interested in making a move and things like salary raises, if and when they take place, play a major role in determining if its would be the right move or not. Annual raises at the big corporates are a good sign that things there are stable and back to business as usual for them. Believe it or not, there are jobs out ther and good money to be made...i'm just doing my research to see where best to look from a business/economic perspective.

Token - I agree and have found what you say to be 100% correct. Except for the work being done in Asia and the Middle East it also seems like a lot of the projects have become more regionally located (less travel = more $ savings for the client)...good or bad, time will tell i guess.   

Dec 13, 11 7:20 am  · 
 · 
med.

Yes but not much.

Jan 18, 12 10:20 am  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: