http://www.archinect.com/schoolblog/entry.php?id=29379_0_39_3_C170

Dec 26, 05 1:49 pm
vado retro
Dec 26, 05 2:35 pm  · 
 · 
Dec 26, 05 3:03 pm  · 
 · 
liberty bell

The book, not the chair. My husband rocks.

Dec 26, 05 3:10 pm  · 
 · 
mdler

an electric toothbrush

Dec 26, 05 3:22 pm  · 
 · 
manamana
text
Dec 26, 05 4:31 pm  · 
 · 

actually:

Dec 26, 05 4:41 pm  · 
 · 
mdler

also got a remote controlled fart machine

Dec 26, 05 8:39 pm  · 
 · 
ichweiB

my wife bought me a 15" powerbook. I was speechless.

Dec 26, 05 9:03 pm  · 
 · 
Cameron

...nothing. Santa did not stop by the AFH household this year.

actually I got the following; One coffee mug with Montana on and pictures of different animals from the state, photos from a friend, four coffee cups from treehugger.com and a wristband from Core 77...

currently I'm drinking 5 coffees and wearing my single wristband.

Dec 26, 05 10:59 pm  · 
 · 
WonderK

I got it! I totally got it!

It's just fantastic.

Dec 26, 05 11:41 pm  · 
 · 
WonderK

Whoops, sorry. It wasn't that big originally. You get the point. I can't remember how to set the width anyway.

Dec 26, 05 11:45 pm  · 
 · 
rayray

raymond meier's book on lou kahns dhaka project - beautiful
www.raymondmeier.com

Dec 27, 05 8:45 am  · 
 · 
b3tadine[sutures]

hey lb, would you like me to sign the page with the building i worked on?

Dec 27, 05 8:55 am  · 
 · 
quixotica

epson 2200 printer. I think my father was a little disturbed over how excited I got about this.

Dec 27, 05 9:11 am  · 
 · 
liberty bell

yes, betadinesutures, I'll ship the it to you, you can sign it, and I'll pay to have it shipped back - probly only cost a couple hundred to ship the friggin' thing, right?!

Which page are you on, seriously?

Dec 27, 05 9:39 am  · 
 · 
Oana S.

i got a blck ipod nano!!! wasn't expecting anything like it and loooooooooooooove it!

Dec 27, 05 10:07 am  · 
 · 

wow liberty bell. that is a cool present. nice case too. your hubbie is def very cool.

i didn't work on a single project in the entire book, but my aquaintance/friend's thesis project got a nice spread in it, the bugger (he is in the finnish section, did the egg shaped observaton deck thingy). amazing project for someone who hadn't even finished school yet. i could probably get him to sign it for you but shipping to finland would probabaly cost as much as the book...;-). better to send it to betadine.

Dec 27, 05 10:17 am  · 
 · 
liberty bell

All 'necters who are in/know someone in the Phaidon Atlas, please post who/what here, so I can annotate my copy. What an awesome record that would be.

mjh00c, that gift would leave me speechless too. Wow.

WonderK, when I saw your statement "I got it! I totally got it!!" and didn't see the image, I thought you meant you got, you know, it...which is always a much-appreciated gift!

Dec 27, 05 10:31 am  · 
 · 

So far my favorite gift was my sister donated a flock of geese in my name via Heifer International, but a close second is my Eames Office business card holder.

Dec 27, 05 10:46 am  · 
 · 

whats IT lb?

Dec 27, 05 11:06 am  · 
 · 

if Im getting it right (lb) all I got for Xmas was IT, because that was all really wanted and asked for.
I have no need for material goods. You know I have never even seen an ipod (in real life).

Dec 27, 05 11:10 am  · 
 · 

but my birthday was a week ago, and I got an incredible gift from the wifey....
A collection of Joseph Campbell writings. I am eating through them... yum, yum.....

Dec 27, 05 11:11 am  · 
 · 

yeah, maybe by IT you mean I.T.? like the geek squad?

Dec 27, 05 11:26 am  · 
 · 
e

this was the year of music. i got a 30gb video ipod from a client of mine. my wife gave $15 gift certificate towards itunes music store. and several friends and my brother bought me the following all on vinyl:

- the pharcyde: bizarre ride II
- run dmc: raising hell
- the amazing jimmy smith trio: live at the village gate, never before released performances
- tina brooks: true blue
- nick drake: five leaves left
- black sabbath: black sabbath [with cover art printed on vinyl]
- johnny cash american III: solitary man
- johnny cash american IV: the man comes around

Dec 27, 05 11:37 am  · 
 · 
WonderK

e, those are some pretty sweet gifts. Too bad you didn't get IT though.

I, too, would like to know what we're talking about.

Dec 27, 05 12:02 pm  · 
 · 
Dec 27, 05 12:07 pm  · 
 · 
e

indeed wonderK, it sounds like the ultimate gift.

Dec 27, 05 12:16 pm  · 
 · 
trace™
http://www.whatis-it.com/

very cool

Dec 27, 05 12:26 pm  · 
 · 

Is this it?

How long till someone breaks into that Faith No More song?

Dec 27, 05 12:27 pm  · 
 · 

damn you trace...

Dec 27, 05 12:27 pm  · 
 · 
le bossman

my dad told me to write my stepmother a check for "a day at the spa," which i did of course. she took one look at it and said, "you got me money?" and then she made a big scene, and just ripped it up in front of everybody, and threw the pieces in the air like confetti. it was rediculous. i doubt if i'll ever experience that one again.

Dec 27, 05 12:53 pm  · 
 · 
WonderK

bossman, see, I got my stepmom some footcream and a massager. Instant gratification, plus it probably cost a bit less too. Also, she needs it for dealing with my dad.

Is anyone else at work today, and wishing they'd called in sick? I really could have used an extra day off....

Dec 27, 05 1:04 pm  · 
 · 
also, she needs IT for dealing with my dad.

i don't know about the FNM song, but this could give a totally different spin to the strokes' "is this IT?"...

(also at work, wonderk.)

Dec 27, 05 1:06 pm  · 
 · 
liberty bell

Sex, guys!!! SEX!!! Sex is it! "Get lucky!" "Get some!" "Get it!"

Sheez. Why is the mid-30s woman the one making the only sex references here? What are ya'll, a buncha architecture geeks? ;)

Dec 27, 05 1:11 pm  · 
 · 

ooo... so i DID get IT as my only present.....

and IT rocked.

Dec 27, 05 1:15 pm  · 
 · 
e

yeah, shoulda took another day for myself and, ahem, for my lady.

Dec 27, 05 1:15 pm  · 
 · 

so lb...you think wonderk is that desperate for IT to say:
"I got it! I totally got it!!"?

Dec 27, 05 1:17 pm  · 
 · 
liberty bell

Glad to hear it +q.

I'm at work too WonderK, all week, long hours, major stress, deadline Friday and another 2 weeks later.....thus my mind is wandering to it.

Oh I also got a new coffee maker which so far is pretty great. And I need it for the long hours this week!

And Charles Waldheim's book on Mies' Lafayette Park in Detroit, and Rick Joy's monograph which I should have purchased years ago. A very architecture-related Christmas for me this year.

Back to cabinet drawings.

Dec 27, 05 1:21 pm  · 
 · 
liberty bell

+q., I just always think people should express that kind of excitement when they get it.

Dec 27, 05 1:23 pm  · 
 · 

"it was rediculous."
"...she took one look at it and said..."
"Glad to hear it +q."
"And I need it for the long hours this week!"

i was finding humor in how often it was coming up. now, lb, you had to come right out and say it.

Dec 27, 05 1:33 pm  · 
 · 

me after IT

Dec 27, 05 1:35 pm  · 
 · 
b3tadine[sutures]

lb the builing in Omaha, NE by Randy Brown Architects

Dec 27, 05 2:51 pm  · 
 · 
A Center for Ants?

ipod 30 gig and two pairs of new kicks... (one of which i am wearing right now and they are by far the quietest shoe i've ever worn. i'm contemplating becoming a burglar)

from myself? a new surfboard and jeans.

oh and lb... christmas only comes once a year... wink wink... nudge nudge...

Dec 27, 05 2:56 pm  · 
 · 
A

I got a gift card to amazon. Given the amount it's worth I got 1/8th gift LB got.

Dec 27, 05 3:07 pm  · 
 · 
liberty bell

ACfA - "a day w/o (it) is like a day w/o sunshine" - a t-shirt my dad wore circa 1972, when we lived in Phoenix.

Thanks betadinesutures, will note the page...

Dec 27, 05 3:27 pm  · 
 · 
abracadabra

tina and i went to drugmart in ashland, ohio to cash-in our fake prescription. while she was doing it (she is more believable), i used the demo shiutsu massage chair and relaxed my back. when she came back with the goods, i let her use it too for a little bit..

i got pajamas and vallet (?).. vallet is from barneys ny. we are drugstore cow-boy/girl with some expensive habits. tina got sephora gift card from me. we're done. i am muslim but i like krismas. jezus is ok. also, happy hanukkah to my jewish friends..

Dec 27, 05 3:53 pm  · 
 · 
WonderK

By my ignorance at lb's inferences, you guys can probably tell that I haven't gotten IT in a long time. :o( You never know, the year's not over yet!

Dec 27, 05 3:54 pm  · 
 · 

WonderK
If you wear your pink tollbelt like Oana suggested (Bott-NahQed) to a New Years PArty I am sure that your IT problem will be solved pretty quick.

Dec 27, 05 4:05 pm  · 
 · 
SuperHeavy

best gift - a wall hung watercolor quilt made by my mother.

best experience - back at home visiting and photographing my gramma's brothers' farm. It was built sometime in the 1800's by my homesteading czech ancestors. The place is currently unhabitable and the two brothers live in a trailer next to the original house. They keep 8-10 head of cattle, 20-30 chickens, and a surprisingly rotund and playful dog. The biggest trip for me was in realizing they live in essentially the same manner as they could have when the house was built.

worst experience - returning back to grind after 'best experience'

Dec 27, 05 4:27 pm  · 
 · 
WonderK

SH, thanks for ruining a perfectly ridiculous conversation with your adherance to the thread's original topic and intentions. PS. Did you take pictures of the chickens!? I want to see them.

I'd also like to mention to liberty bell, regarding an earlier comment....incidentally, I get excited at nearly everything. Currently I'm excited that I'll be leaving work in t-minus 7 minutes. Yay!

Dec 27, 05 4:47 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: