anchor

Architect's Glasses

thehoule

Oooohhhh!

Good one.

Nov 6, 06 8:47 am  · 
 · 
b3tadine[sutures]

i have these - http://www.faceaface-paris.com/home.php?lang=4&called=cat&srub=dcv&gl_id=431

[img]http://www.faceaface-paris.com/images/catalogue/newage1-9119.jpg[/im]

Nov 8, 06 6:45 am  · 
 · 
b3tadine[sutures]
Nov 8, 06 6:49 am  · 
 · 

So I went to the eye wear shop with a good friend of mine when i was home...here are the results

by the way - I have 20|20 vision >> but this was still fun :)

May 30, 07 7:12 pm  · 
 · 

ack my face looks fat and I should of shaved - oh well

May 30, 07 7:13 pm  · 
 · 
liberty bell

architechno! It is so great to see your whole face! I feel like we've only seen it in bits and pieces so in my mind I saw you with a sort of quilt-like appearance, thanks for sharing!

I like the red ones on you quite a bit.

May 30, 07 7:24 pm  · 
 · 
garpike

BOTS joke is still funny.

May 30, 07 7:25 pm  · 
 · 

techno, I think you've sold me on those, they're pretty nice!

It might be new glasses time for me... mine are a year and a half old, and things are getting a little fuzzy again.

May 30, 07 7:27 pm  · 
 · 
WonderK

architechno....very nice! Isn't it fun to try on frames.

I believe you've seen my new ones....you certainly commented on them anyway. I'm not putting my picture up though. :oP

May 30, 07 7:34 pm  · 
 · 
xtbl

i have horrible vision! seriously.

i can't see much further past my nose with my specs.

don't i look happy!? =P

May 30, 07 7:45 pm  · 
 · 
KEG

how is it that you architects have 20/20 vision?!?!

I mean, I've always been pretty blind, but my prescription has gotten 300% worse since I started design school...I'm sure I'll need a seeing-eye-dog by the time I finish my masters!

btw, architechnophilia, I love the red ones…

I love my LaFonts

the subtle details aren’t reflected in this image, but the face is dark chocolate brown, the sides a titanium tweed pattern, with the interior an aqua blue & black animal-ish print...

May 30, 07 7:53 pm  · 
 · 
WonderK

WhatToDo, mine are LaFonts too.

May 30, 07 8:01 pm  · 
 · 
whistler

Just ordered my first pair, pretty funy conversation in the office about the designer overtones of architects with glasses, ended up with a pair of stainless steel kenneth cole frames ( goes with the grey hair ) Although when I went down to the big city to have a look at some other shops I was overwhelmed by the overly affected designer glasses that the men I saw were wearing ( I was also shopping for furniture for a house too.) glad I stayed away from the heavy black frames that just screams designer. You get away from the city and you feel like a hick, (as he types while wearing a black t-shirt can't get away from all the designer sterotypes I guess)

May 30, 07 8:04 pm  · 
 · 
WonderK

I could have gotten the stereotypical black block frames, but I guess I like flair too much. Also these looked better on my face.

May 30, 07 8:07 pm  · 
 · 

I currently wear these:

I'm thinking the next pair could be cream-colored, if I can find any. The pair before this were a bit slimmer, black with a salmon-colored inside/back.

May 30, 07 8:12 pm  · 
 · 
A Center for Ants?

i'm getting a pair of IC berlin's after the school year finishes.
pinless hinges. the detail of the hinge is just beautiful

not the frames i'm getting but the hinge operation is the same.

May 30, 07 8:34 pm  · 
 · 
Appleseed

Spectacles for Humans in SF.

bar none as far as stores go.

spectaclesforhumans.blogspot.com/

Tho, I do love my cheapo frames I picked up at Binyons a few years back.

May 30, 07 8:50 pm  · 
 · 
THEaquino

My first pair of glasses ever. Got them in October.

May 30, 07 8:50 pm  · 
 · 
KEG

Yay WonderK!!!!! I love those too!!! LaFonts are my favorite...the detail is so fun while remain...uh....respectable...

I want these next

or these

who am I kidding...I want them all! I wish they weren't so damn expensive :(

May 30, 07 8:55 pm  · 
 · 
squaresquared

I've got some sturdy frames by Paul Smith. I think that they were made in Japan, which seems to be the home of high-quality plastic frames. Pictured at left below:

For those of you who are like me and tend to abuse your frames, I do not recommend anything by LA Eyeworks. They look nice for awhile, but don't seem to last.

May 30, 07 9:08 pm  · 
 · 
liberty bell

WhatToDo, I LOVE those top ones you posted!

Hell, within a year I'll need bifocals, might as well get some nifty frames with them!

May 30, 07 9:08 pm  · 
 · 

thanks - I do like the red ones myself. Apologies if you've only been segments of me...funny actually when you think that I could pick out WonderK from a line up just by her glasses and even lb's agnus.

May 30, 07 9:32 pm  · 
 · 
stephanie

does anyone have an opinion on sunglasses, or i guess more specifically cutler and gross?
i fell in love with some mikli frames, but i'm too blind for my perscription to work in them. my consolation is the C&G trunk show next week...
):

May 31, 07 3:46 pm  · 
 · 
vado retro

steph you should get sunglasses like mine so we can continue the stephoretro thang.

May 31, 07 3:52 pm  · 
 · 
stephanie

what do your sunglasses look like vado?

May 31, 07 6:22 pm  · 
 · 
vado retro

my sunglasses ( i did not dress like this today since it was 85 degrees out!!)

May 31, 07 6:47 pm  · 
 · 

my next pair of glasses:

I ordered them this morning. Won't get them for a few weeks, though.

Jul 21, 07 8:42 pm  · 
 · 

d'oh! let's try again...

Jul 21, 07 8:43 pm  · 
 · 

is it me or do other people like when images are cut into thirds - always cool to see photo editing done by chance

Jul 21, 07 10:14 pm  · 
 · 
A Center for Ants?

my new glasses:

in black tho.

Jul 22, 07 9:07 pm  · 
 · 
WonderK

rationalist those are beautiful.....ACfA, yours are nice too. I bet they weigh the equivalent of 3 paperclips.

Jul 22, 07 11:17 pm  · 
 · 

what are you doing up dubK - go to bed its late

Jul 22, 07 11:22 pm  · 
 · 

It's hard to tell from the photo, but the part that looks black is actually a really dark green. That makes me happy.

I'm upset though, because online my insurance said that I was eligible for new frames, but when I got to the appointment they said I wasn't eligible until August, so they've got to wait to order everything until August first, and then it'll take 7-10 days after that. So I've got lots of weeks to wait before I get my pretties.

Jul 22, 07 11:34 pm  · 
 · 
some person

In what could possibly be my boldest move all year, I got new glasses yesterday:

Bebe "Made Up"

Sep 16, 07 2:43 pm  · 
 · 
treekiller

DCA- very pretty.

i'm searching for a new set of specs too. all the koreans in my office have such cool frames, I may need to wait till I'm sent to seoul for a project.

my current shades are about 7 years old, bought in the LES from a cool optical shop (don't remember the name, but they're on a corner) made by a japanese maker- very hornrim... my non-tinted frames were bought in philly across from meyerson- also japanese.

in the twin cities, most shops have cool/overpriced german metal frames and not much else worth wearing.

Sep 16, 07 2:53 pm  · 
 · 
treekiller

whatcha think?

Sep 16, 07 2:58 pm  · 
 · 
some person

thanks treekiller.

The shape of the glasses you proposed is rather popular. The rimless bottom is somewhat unique in today's selection. I noticed that the available glasses are now a modified rectangle (which I personally was happy to see), slightly softer shapes.

I can't tell - is the pattern organic or regular? Those aren't rhinestones on the side, are they? :)

Sep 16, 07 3:02 pm  · 
 · 
treekiller

bamboo!

guessing those are nails/rivets

Sep 16, 07 3:24 pm  · 
 · 
some person

sweet. You totally have to get them. Does the company make any other models with bamboo?

Sep 16, 07 3:48 pm  · 
 · 
treekiller

not that I know of and these were the first that I found. I don't know the price or even their availability - amy sacks is the reputed designer, but that was from a 3rd party website and the amy sacks site doesn't show them...

in the NYT's mens fashion mag today, saw a $2665 pair of hand carved wood frames... dammit, why can't they be mass produced cnc wooden wonders that I can afford?

Sep 16, 07 8:28 pm  · 
 · 
vado retro

you should be more green and just replace your old lenses. are you trying to end the world faster or waht?

Sep 16, 07 8:33 pm  · 
 · 
clerestory strip™

I got my glasses from 39dollarglasses.com...they're cute (rectangular metal) but they keep sliding down my face and one of the nosepieces came off. (Check my profile for a pic) Oh well...when I get a real job maybe I could afford some real glasses.

Those red Maryam Zaim glasses are the bomb...but they probably cost more than I make in a week :/

Sep 17, 07 9:52 am  · 
 · 
treekiller

vado-

i'm trying to kill bamboo (its not a tree, but a giant grass, but still).

Sep 17, 07 11:02 am  · 
 · 
WonderK

Ever since I got my glasses, I've been accidentally matching things with them and not realizing it until later. My blog, for instance.....totally matches my glasses. Also I got a new pair of shoes recently...I really liked them and couldn't figure out why. Yep, they match my glasses too. At least I'm consistent!

Sep 18, 07 1:19 am  · 
 · 
PerCorell
Sep 18, 07 5:00 am  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: