Archinect
anchor

Suggestions for Fee Structure / Process for Approval, Plan Review, & Permitting

herrarchitekt

I am spending an unnecessarily large amount of time assisting clients with their zoning/planning approvals, plan review, and permitting process.  Unfortunately for all of the headaches in dealing with the bureaucracy at city hall planning departments, I am not billing my clients accordingly for these coordination efforts.  I am coming to the conclusion that my office will now only offer services where that we submit applications, drawings, and follow thru with the coordination as an overall package and bill accordingly.  The hand over documents to inexperienced client habit that we've gotten into for this firm is too draining financially (and mentally).I would appreciate any and all suggestions/feedback for what you may find works.Best,WakeNbuild

Apr 14, 11 8:24 pm
blah

You're right, it can be very time consuming. I try to bill hourly for these services as they can take a great deal more time than you expect. Clients may not understand it but we should try to educate them and make them partners in this effort.

Apr 14, 11 10:54 pm  · 
 · 
blah

The other bright side of making the client a partner in this is that they are aware of how time consuming the effort is and respect your time and efforts. This is crucial to cultivating a good relationship. It can bring you and the client together.

Apr 14, 11 11:09 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: