Archinect
anchor

Kitne Aadmi The?

desibaba

There seem to be an awful lot of India-related posts lately. So I'm just conducting an informal poll.

Will all the Indians on Archinect please say "oye"

Nov 8, 05 5:04 am
sharpie.

Oye- ek

Nov 8, 05 6:17 am  · 
 · 
k_b

oye_ do

Nov 8, 05 7:26 am  · 
 · 
grumble

oye babu! - teen

Nov 8, 05 7:31 am  · 
 · 
Jo

oye... chaar

Nov 8, 05 8:36 am  · 
 · 
desibaba

5 people (including me)! that's much fewer than i thought...

i could have sworn there were at least 10 active posters, with about 100 dormant accounts. what happened to ManuG, TickerTocker, Poly, Luco, Lin'gua, Minimal Animal etc etc? Where have they all gone to?

since no one seems to want to come out, i guess this experiment has failed...

Nov 9, 05 12:29 am  · 
 · 
sharpie.

wrong- your name already exists. you just took another avatar to start this thread. so its either, you already said 'oye' or someone in the dormant list. :) and i think everybody is busy dude.

Nov 9, 05 12:53 am  · 
 · 
desibaba

ha! you caught me!

but honestly, i really wanted to know how many of us are here, because all the india-related threads seem to draw more comments than i would've expected...

of course, i don't want this to ever become an "us vs. them" issue. that's not my point at all. i know a lot of threads over the past year have flared into silly pissing contests, and i firmly believe that sort of behaviour has no place here.

well, you know how the architectural and academic scene is over here. i thought if there were enough of us, maybe we could meet up at some point in the future. it may lead to some interesting discussions/events/happenings...

Nov 9, 05 1:14 am  · 
 · 
poly

achha achha ... OYE me too
yeh ho gaye che (6)

ab daru kab peene chalna hai .. yeh bataao!!!

by the way ...

KITNEE AURTEIN THEEN?

Nov 9, 05 2:07 am  · 
 · 
poly

and luco belongs to mongolia TT

Nov 9, 05 2:08 am  · 
 · 
sharpie.

about the arch/academic scene- things are pretty slow down here but they catch up real fast once it starts. i`ve seen a LOT of posters on other architecture sites, especially the undergrad students with their thesis selection.
to my knowledge there are architecture websites hosted by a few mumbaiities with the forum et all, but the problem is always the number of internet users.

'an archinect meet up' in the future. sounds interesting surely. but, first you have to reveal yourself. i`m guessing its Ticker Tocker. you`ve been around since... no, i may be wrong though.

and btw i thought desibaba was long gone? hehe..

Nov 9, 05 2:23 am  · 
 · 
desibaba

i think you're right, dude. desibaba IS long gone. well, i'm not sure really. I didn't bother to check. i chose the name because, well, it brings up some "interesting" memories/connotations... :-)

the problem i find with most of the other indian or mumbai-specific discussion sites is that they're either too hardcore in their archibabble, and tend to get lost in their own rhetoric, or they're too bambi-eyed-newbie-based (oh please help me with my thesis!!!). there ain't no balance...

Nov 9, 05 2:52 am  · 
 · 
grumble

poly.....main hoon naa...ladki (aurat nahi kahungi).

daru kaun pila raha hai? kahan hai party? kuch aur milega?

Nov 9, 05 5:51 am  · 
 · 
poly

oye! ... one bhartiya nari ... well ms. lost, daru's on every individual's own head ... architects don't get paid enough to fill up more than one belly! ... land up in mumbai ... and the alchohol's on me ... stay in hyderabad and you can say happy b'day to yourself ...

aur kuch chahiye kya?

Nov 11, 05 12:26 am  · 
 · 
naya

oye, me to. i busy with other things, i also thin the no are less. but it will increase surelly, just give it a time.

Nov 11, 05 12:55 am  · 
 · 
Jo

oye...one more bharatiya nari here!! hehe...we should all mention which city in India we belong to as well here...I am from Mumbai...

Nov 11, 05 1:11 am  · 
 · 
grumble

poly me goin mumbai next week....i assume my daru is ur treat.
all from mumbai invited. venue:my hotel. hehehehe.(anyone game for it pls lemme know)

Nov 11, 05 2:28 am  · 
 · 
desibaba

all right, what the hell. let's organise a bombay archinect meet next week. how does 16th evening (wednesday) at leopold's strike everyone? say about 7:30 pm

anyone with a better plan/venue/date, please speak up.

i'm ok with any day except the 18th.

Nov 11, 05 5:58 am  · 
 · 
Jo

well...i am located in the burbs...so getting to leo's on a weekday at 7.30 pm is difficult...can we not make it on a saturday?

Nov 11, 05 7:18 am  · 
 · 
poly

thanda (cool) ... main to shanivar ko aa sakta hun
agar leopold dur hai to koi aur jagah batayiye jo sab logon ke liye suvidhajanak ho

jagah shaant honi chahiye

desibaba kripya gaur karein

Nov 11, 05 7:33 am  · 
 · 
Jo

how about meeting somewhere in bandra...we will have lots of options to choose from and i think its pretty centrally located!!...desibaba...what say?...

Nov 11, 05 8:04 am  · 
 · 
grumble

arre babu....mujhe bhool gaye? main hyd ki rehne wali. i dnt know any of the places u guys talkin of. i am with jo...saturday is fine next week. venue ka problem hoga though. anyways i'll figure. saturday 7:30?
everyone ok with the date n time?

Nov 11, 05 8:16 am  · 
 · 
grumble

it'll be 2 of us from hyd.

Nov 11, 05 8:17 am  · 
 · 
grumble

saturday boleto....19th.7:30pm. haan yeh sahi lagta hai.
par poly jagah shaant kyon honi chahiye?

Nov 11, 05 8:20 am  · 
 · 
desibaba

saturday, the 19th is ok. 7:30 is fine. and Bandra is alright as well. Where exactly, though?

Nov 11, 05 8:44 am  · 
 · 
sharpie.

wow! dbaba you are quick man. i`ll probably make it sometime when venues are much closer. i can see lost is already lost in excitement. do keep us posted.. and have fun you guys.

Nov 11, 05 8:58 am  · 
 · 
grumble

yea lost is sick of rotting in hyd.

Nov 11, 05 9:36 am  · 
 · 
poly

mujhe lagta hai, hum ek saamuhic nirney le sakte hain ki kis jagah milna hai

sabhi ko aamantran diya jaata hai!

ok without getting more difficult ...
in short, lets meet at the mutually decided venue

all questions will be answered there 'lost'

Jo ab 'Jo' bhi jagah bataaoge, vahaan mil jaayenge

you know best
response awaited

chameleon, if no one else, i take the responsibility to keep you updated on this historic first ever archinect meet in india.

Nov 11, 05 10:13 am  · 
 · 
poly

please do not carry parallel bars and design boards

Nov 11, 05 10:14 am  · 
 · 
desibaba

where are you based, chameleon?

yes, and Jo, please confirm a venue. We've already settled on a 7:30pm time on saturday the 19th. i vote for Toto's, though it's a little loud...

Nov 11, 05 10:19 am  · 
 · 
sharpie.

aww c`mon lost, hyd is a nice place.
mumbai is just too far for a madrassi guy. perhaps i`ll make it when there are more ladies in future meet ups.
poly- thanks.

Nov 11, 05 11:41 pm  · 
 · 
Jo

i second Toto's...its convenient...we can all meet there on saturday the 19th at 7.30 pm...sounds cool..hey...how do we find each other there?...as insane as it sounds we shld have a dress code or smthng...hehehehehe....this is soooo filmi!!!! Mayb we shld all dress in black or smthng....but I am in..."lost" u better show up....i donot want to be the only girl there ok! chameleon...may be the next time we get together in one of the southern cities...

Nov 12, 05 1:20 am  · 
 · 
TickerTocker

count me in as well. we'll decide on an identification strategy later.

Nov 12, 05 2:31 am  · 
 · 
poly

please do carry parralel bars and drawing boards

(what better identification)

Nov 12, 05 5:52 am  · 
 · 
grumble

oh awrite den...jo i will be there. n yea i'll wear black. others do too. pls. poly, parallel bars and drawing board wud be slightly inconvinient naa.hehehe. so wear black. i have not the first idea where toto's is.......which area is it?

Nov 12, 05 8:40 am  · 
 · 
meta

wow, archinect is truly global. ain`t it? you guys rock.

Nov 12, 05 10:03 am  · 
 · 
dazednconfused

oye..mainai party suna and here i am!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Nov 12, 05 12:41 pm  · 
 · 
naya

so how was ur meeting? if u guys had really met! i TO stay way far from bombay so i can't think of coming there right now.

Nov 14, 05 1:12 am  · 
 · 
desibaba

ok, a couple of things since we seem to have generated some excitement amongst the denizens of this fair city...

1) word has filtered through the grapevine that some non-posters/dormant accounts intend to arrive. now while that's perfectly all right (the more the merrier!), toto's isn't the best of venues for more than a party of 6. it's just too bloody cramped! if we could just take a headcount, we'd be able to find a more appropriate venue.

therefore, 1 nos. desibaba + 1 nos. guest = 2 nos. attendees.

please just post your respective numbers.

2) sadly, saturday the 19th is not looking pretty for me. i vote for a change to sunday, the 20th or monday, the 21st. i think the only person who'll have real trouble with this is lost, since she's coming in from hyderabad. but lets hear what she has to say.

in case you guys can't shift to sunday or monday, then go ahead with your saturday plan, and i'll drop out.

Nov 14, 05 2:08 am  · 
 · 
Lin'gua

OYE

Nov 14, 05 2:22 am  · 
 · 
Lin'gua

Just curious how many in india? just say "oye".

PS:MALE:FEMALE Nos. if possible?

btw MALE

Nov 14, 05 2:25 am  · 
 · 
Jo

hey Lin'gua...good to have you back!! Comeon desibaba...you cant back out at the last minute now...you should try harder to make it...I am ok with shifting the venue to a larger place but i would advice against changing the plans now...I dont believe there will be more than 10 people showing up anyway...I believe Saturday is convenient...I can get sloshed and crash out...and sleep all thorugh Sunday...any other day will be a problem!!! I will get kicked out of office if i arrive to work with a hang over...hehehe..:-)

Nov 14, 05 5:07 am  · 
 · 
6nuew

oye.. from bangalore.

Nov 14, 05 6:42 am  · 
 · 
desibaba

fine. saturday it is. balls to my other plans.

Nov 14, 05 7:02 am  · 
 · 
grumble

dbaba....good, i was jus gonna send a real angry post. yea n lemme know the new venue.

Nov 14, 05 8:29 am  · 
 · 
poly

kya naatak ho raha hai? @#$%^#$!%
chup chaap saturday sab time per aa jaana

Toto's Garage
Pali Junction
Bandra (W)

bye the way

The Butterfly Effect, Saturday 19th, 9.00 P.M. Zee Studio !!

Nov 15, 05 8:22 am  · 
 · 
grumble

poly poly poly poly............oh poly.

Nov 15, 05 8:30 am  · 
 · 
grumble

lin'gua......jo, dazednconfused, lost are the ladies here.that accounts to 3 on this thread...there are 1-2 more from india.

Nov 15, 05 8:34 am  · 
 · 
grumble

poly....:-D

Nov 15, 05 8:35 am  · 
 · 
desibaba

again, please post a headcount! for those of you who don't know, toto's on a saturday is completely jammed, and i'll have to make reservations. c'mon, people! cooperate!

Jo and poly, some help here would be appreciated...

Nov 16, 05 12:52 am  · 
 · 
TickerTocker

alright dude, don't get your chuddies in a knot!

current headcount status:
1 nos. Desibaba + 1 nos. guest = 2 people
1 nos. TickerTocker = 1 person

Nov 16, 05 1:00 am  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: