Archinect
anchor

Good Lookin 2d/3d

Lud

Can somebody tell me what software to use to create good looking 2d/3d sections and images?Kinda like the ones zaha does!!

Oct 25, 05 10:16 am
Hasselhoff

As far as I know, most sections are not quick and easy. You usually have to cut them, then cap or fill edges, do a lot of Photoshop etc. Max does have camera clipping planes which are sweet. It renders as though the geometry was there, but cuts like a section.

Oct 25, 05 10:24 am  · 
 · 
JohnProlly

Scalpel for 3ds is nice... it's made by cebas

Oct 25, 05 10:35 am  · 
 · 
Lud

Tanx
I use Rhino for some stuff and export to cinema 4d or max, but i'll try it on!

Oct 25, 05 10:44 am  · 
 · 
Lud

John, i've searched a lot for scalpelmax, but is a hard to find crack.Do u have any idea where i could get it...(free has possible)!

Oct 26, 05 5:22 am  · 
 · 
JohnProlly

Ummmmmmmm I got mine off of eMule... But my internet is down at home and they moniter bandwidth at work... so, I guess you'll have to wait.

Oct 26, 05 9:39 am  · 
 · 
Lud

Ok man tanx one more time!
I'll try eMule, if i can at home.

Oct 26, 05 9:42 am  · 
 · 
bLAyer

Guys

How do you do an "infinite" cut with scalpelmax? sort of like the built in slice tool that goes through everything. I have tried applying the scalpelmax modifier to a bunch of objects at the same time, that works until you move an object then its cut is moved with it and it doesnt work and readjusting it is a pain.

I seem to recall that there used to be a world class modifier version that did what i am talking about but i cant find it.

any ideas?

Nov 1, 05 5:50 pm  · 
 · 
bLAyer

noone? ahh

Nov 2, 05 3:40 am  · 
 · 
BOTS

sketch up?

ot quite Zaha though...

Nov 2, 05 3:52 am  · 
 · 

bots is that a project of yours?

Nov 2, 05 4:13 pm  · 
 · 
raji

I thought that was per....

Nov 2, 05 4:14 pm  · 
 · 
Saturn

It is not the software it is the user. Sketchup is extremely easy to learn. Then you can export the model as a 2d cad file and change lines weights if you need a 2d drawing.

You can use a Viz or Max which have a slice modifier, which is better than just a clip plane. You can choose which objects to slice and essentially have an exposed structure (wireframe) and then slice the skin.

Nov 5, 05 4:56 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: