Archinect
anchor

Football

Archichet

Here we go Chargers...Here we go...

Oct 6, 05 8:14 pm
b3tadine[sutures]

they will have their asses handed to them this weekend.

Oct 6, 05 8:15 pm  · 
 · 
dtlebel

maybe not the best place for this discussion . . .

but I agree with Beta, Pittsburg will take them apart Monday night.

The Chargers made a mediocre Denver team look like champions and the real Champs already lost to Carolina before the Chargers got the best of them last week--so don't put too much stake in last week's win over the Pats.

Oct 6, 05 8:52 pm  · 
 · 
lletdownl

hey archichet

dont let the man get you down...

you chear for those chargers... underdogs against pitt, you can take them

ill chear for my white sox

screw all the nay sayers!

go bears................

Oct 6, 05 9:46 pm  · 
 · 
MysteryMan

Go Falcons
Go Jackets
To Hell w/ Georgia

Oct 6, 05 10:37 pm  · 
 · 
melivt

i thought this mabe a bundesliga/premier league op. drats

Oct 7, 05 12:37 am  · 
 · 
melivt

but go skins

Oct 7, 05 12:37 am  · 
 · 
siggers
Football:
Oct 9, 05 8:22 am  · 
 · 
vado retro

growing up we refered(sp?) to soccer as communist kickball.

Oct 9, 05 12:03 pm  · 
 · 

Fight On Trojans! and all former Trojans in the NFL...

Oct 9, 05 12:20 pm  · 
 · 
brian buchalski

pardon me, but i'm beginning to think the trojans are an nfl team...a trojan horse placed in the land of college ball by the nfl bigshots who have otherwise been unable to get a team back in the la market...

hmm...that might be the dumbest theory i've had yet.

Oct 9, 05 1:22 pm  · 
 · 
vado retro

they will have their hands full with the golden domers of notre domer

Oct 9, 05 2:01 pm  · 
 · 
aemkei

Why was the name 'football' chosen for this game that has so little to do with feet anyhow?

(this is not part of any soccer/football debate - I'm actually curious)

Oct 10, 05 6:01 am  · 
 · 
brian buchalski

i'm not really sure why it's called football, but i think that back in the olden days before the invention of the forward pass (and even before the wright brothers opened up the whole possibility of an aerial attack) kicking played a much larger role in the the game, i.e., field goals, punts and general ass kicking of opponents

ergo, the name football...although assball might have been a good name too

Oct 10, 05 9:52 am  · 
 · 
urbanisto

I like this
finally there's
BASKETball
BASEball
HANDball
FOOTball

and ASS***ball

Oct 10, 05 11:13 am  · 
 · 
b3tadine[sutures]

as hard as the ref's and the NFL tried to give the game to the 'bolts, the Steelers still prevailed, and shut down that offense like no ones business.

Oct 11, 05 3:19 pm  · 
 · 

...because of Troy Palamalu (trojan). = )

Oct 11, 05 9:33 pm  · 
 · 

thank you rationalist ! fight on for ol' SC ! beat the IRISH ! they must lose !

Oct 12, 05 2:04 pm  · 
 · 
b3tadine[sutures]

that must be some good crack you are smoking, because the premier and "best" running back in football was punked all over that field, and that fat tight end got lucky on one play...

Oct 12, 05 3:56 pm  · 
 · 

more like Polamalu was all over Gates. Gates being all over Polamalu wouldn't make sense- Gates' whole mission in life is to AVOID guys like Polamalu. It's what running backs do. Except for my man Lendale White. He just runs them over. = )

And WHY the freak is everyone picking the Irish this weekend?! It's driving me crazy! So far I think that the Charlie Weis factor has been way overhyped... but I guess we'll see Saturday.

Oct 12, 05 4:30 pm  · 
 · 
brian buchalski

because the irish are everybody's favorite team and only republicans actually like usc.

prediction: nd 31, usc 3

Oct 12, 05 4:52 pm  · 
 · 

3?!?!?!?!

That's easily the most homer-ific prediction I've ever seen. If the Irish win, it's a shootout. Their defense is ranked 114th against the pass. Out of only 117 teams! And the Trojans have a freaking Heisman winner at quarterback! Even if they manage to stop Reggie and Lendale (who's done that so far? oh, yeah, NOBODY), they definitely can't stop Matt, Dwayne, Steve, Patrick, David, and Dom. It's just not going to happen that way.

Oct 12, 05 5:01 pm  · 
 · 
b3tadine[sutures]

USC - 56
ND - 10

Oct 12, 05 5:22 pm  · 
 · 
MysteryMan

I used to like Miami(FL) because my parents went there, but now they're in the ACC. Plus, hurricanes are now considered evil-doers in this new world order.

Oct 13, 05 10:08 am  · 
 · 
brian buchalski

rationalist, why do you refer to everybody on the team by their first name? what are you, one of the ballboys, student trainers, groupies or other hanger-ons who think they're campus bigshots because they get to stand on the sidelines during games or some lame business like that?

as for the game itself, i think that darius walker is going to bust through the line of scrimmage and lay a hit on leinart so hard that it'll probably break his arms if it doesn't knock his head off! without the qb coordinating the offense, bush and lendale white will probably run into each other just trying to get the snap. therefore nd 31-usc 3. the legacy of notre dame's hundreds of years of football will crush these upstarts from the western territories.

and, oh yeah, i know darius walker plays offense, but it's just going to be that kind of game...a legendary irish victory for all.

Oct 13, 05 11:38 am  · 
 · 

shorter than typing in full names. and get off it, who cares who I am?

That just shows how completely unrealistic you are. At least trojan fans have an idea of what could or couldn't happen in the game. If your new god is that desparate to but an offensive player in at mlb, then there's no way that the irish will win. BTW, if you haven't noticed, the only way teams can get through the trojan offensive line is by pulling cheap, late hits. So if the irish sink that low, then yeah, they could take leinart out of commission. So if that's the way they play...

Oct 13, 05 12:07 pm  · 
 · 
kyll

usc will win this game. barely.

usc's first half offense is as bad as a team ranked #25's first half offense.

nd has been taking people down one by one. and their defense is smackin people.

BUT we're talking reggie bush and leinart - two really good ballplayers. and ND hasn't really taken on anyone with the offensive tenacity that usc has.

Oct 13, 05 12:20 pm  · 
 · 
brian buchalski

he he

Oct 13, 05 1:17 pm  · 
 · 
vado retro

the domers were edged out by the spartans
saturdays game should be a great test versus the trojans
they should trounce the hittites
the persians could be trouble
the hoplites have a great defense.

Oct 13, 05 11:30 pm  · 
 · 
youngTOMcruise

I never miss a Giants game on Sunday! Studio, who needs studio when there's football!

Oct 14, 05 12:05 am  · 
 · 
ryanj

the only real football i know is in the college ranks

tech v horns in ATX next weekend for the embarrassingly weak big 12 title

Oct 14, 05 12:13 am  · 
 · 
ryanj

the only real football i know is in the college ranks

tech v horns in ATX next weekend for the embarrassingly weak big 12 title

Oct 14, 05 12:13 am  · 
 · 
MysteryMan

J,
That kinda describes why I never faaked w/ my Dad much.

Oct 14, 05 8:18 am  · 
 · 
Archichet

dont take offence...i am a jew...so here is a good jewish football joke...

q. whats the motto of a jewish footbal team?

a.get that quarterback

Oct 14, 05 5:28 pm  · 
 · 
rajish

you are the dumbest jew ever.

Oct 14, 05 5:33 pm  · 
 · 
MMatt

You can't spell "suck" without U, S, and C.

That said, there are few things I like watching more than a Notre Dame loss.

Go Illini? Or.... not.

.mm

Oct 14, 05 5:35 pm  · 
 · 
Archichet

rajish...why dont you go kill a family member...you savage muslim fuck...

Oct 14, 05 5:37 pm  · 
 · 
rajish

wow, so angry.....

Oct 14, 05 5:43 pm  · 
 · 
rajish

I have never known such an angry jew

Oct 14, 05 6:03 pm  · 
 · 
b3tadine[sutures]

2 angry guys. wow, do we need bill clinton and a stay at camp david?

Oct 14, 05 6:34 pm  · 
 · 
e

i think so beta. they need to at least get a room. too many emotions.

Oct 14, 05 6:44 pm  · 
 · 

yeah, and I thought puddles and I were getting angry...

Oct 14, 05 7:25 pm  · 
 · 
brian buchalski

rationalist, you're not going to know angry until tomorrow when your little boys matt, reggie, and lendale get smacked by the mighty irish and you finally realize how silly you have looked for insisting that usc is actually a good team.

oh yeaaah...you're going to be angry at yourself for being such a fool and having realized that you have invested way too much emotional capital in the football team with crappy outfits and the most delectably intolerable fight song. again, nd 31, usc 3. maybe you should change your name to irrationalsorryasstrojanfanalist. boy i can't wait to watch regis on monday morning...yippee!

as for archichet and rajish...wtf? how did your spat about herb lead to rascists insults on a football fourom? maybe have respect for the game should we?

Oct 14, 05 9:02 pm  · 
 · 
Francisco David Boira

Si...this is futbol

Oct 14, 05 9:30 pm  · 
 · 

I'm gonna have to go with Francisco on this one: I'm not a big sports person, but I prefer to watch soccer/football to "American" football. Now if only I could find my Polska warmup jacket....

Oct 15, 05 12:04 am  · 
 · 
vado retro

last night the south bend station had the nd pep rally on. joe montana tim rice all the greats were on hand. the stadium was full and loud. two hours til kickoff and a gorgeous gorgeous day!!! should be fun.

Oct 15, 05 1:38 pm  · 
 · 
vado retro

that was a truly great game!!!

Oct 15, 05 7:52 pm  · 
 · 

ohhhhh yeah.

Oct 15, 05 10:15 pm  · 
 · 
Janosh

In the battle of Evil vs. Greater Evil, it is SC that wins. Maybe the world will tilt back into balance when Bobby Bowden loses tonight.

Oct 15, 05 11:01 pm  · 
 · 
vado retro

whats evil about touchdown jesus???

Oct 15, 05 11:54 pm  · 
 · 
MysteryMan

That was a great game to 'listen' to while I was scrambling to shut down the USA life & pack for the 'AO'. I sure hope that I can catch college football where I'm going.

BTW, Vado. There's a head coaching slot available @ MMIA (MysteryMan Inst. of Arkitorture). Need to come up w/ a team name, tho. Ideas?

Oct 16, 05 7:09 am  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: