Archinect
anchor

Football

vado retro

how bout the "unitas?"

Oct 16, 05 10:03 am  · 
 · 
brian buchalski

are you kidding me? that game was terrible...usc is the biggest pack of cheating losers this side of the white house...and that game-winning touchdown was pathetic with sissy-boy linart flailing about and flopping into the endzone...they should have deducted points for that lame ass touchdown...oh brother

Oct 16, 05 10:32 am  · 
 · 
vado retro

that game was a strong argument for a college football tournament. and yeah that last play sucked hard.

Oct 16, 05 10:47 am  · 
 · 
b3tadine[sutures]

hey pud what is more pathetic, watching leinart score the game winning touchdown or watching those fat irish fans run off the field after they thought they won the game? face it the irish suck.

Oct 16, 05 11:27 am  · 
 · 

wow, at least Weis is classier than puddles here. If we're in the business of taking of points for style, then take some off for the green jerseys (which Weis told the media he would not pull out for this game, so really, for the coach being a liar), and for the three week growth of grass on the field, or for every time it took 5+ guys to take down one running back (guess which one). But you don't take off points for style. That's not the way football works. The stats were almost even, and the score was almost even. Both teams had either some bad calls or some calls that should have been made but weren't. That was as even a game as you get. So if SC sucks, then ND sucks just as badly.

Oct 16, 05 11:32 am  · 
 · 
MysteryMan

Unitas. Hawhaw, that ought to appeal to at least part of the country. But, hey, who am I to question the head coach.

Oct 16, 05 1:50 pm  · 
 · 
ovalle

on a side note. GO TROJANS!.. USC #1

Oct 16, 05 2:55 pm  · 
 · 
brian buchalski

yeah...like i'm sure that joe paterno is crying in his pants right now...but of curse notre dame is still better thaan usc because eveybody loves notre dame and nobody likes usc and most importantly many love oblong balls and many dont love this becuasse it is still just a game and nobody really loves this...so there

Oct 17, 05 1:04 am  · 
 · 
larslarson

beta-

usc is a great team..but you have to admit that they were quite lucky
to beat notre dame...and i am far from being a notre dame fan...btw
i'm pretty sure what the running back did on the final play was illegal..
you're not supposed to be able to push from behind i don't believe..
not that leinart wouldn't have scored without..

and i concur with rationalist..if notre dame sucks...so does usc and
vice versa..it was a good game with two teams playing pretty much
equal

Oct 17, 05 2:17 am  · 
 · 

lars- guys push the huddle all the time, so pushing an individual player on your own team should be fine as it amounts to the same thing. It's part of what the "quarterback sneak" play is all about. You switch out your normal offensive line for the biggest guys you have, and have them push the pile until the quarterback is in (in case he's not able to sneak under or over the pile). I've seen teammates give each other a push in a lot of different games - it's just usually not quite as crucial, so not quite so scrutinized as this push was.

Oct 17, 05 11:34 am  · 
 · 
brian buchalski

j is absolutely correct...if you want to afford to be an architect then it behooves you to learn how to bet on football, college or the pros. and once you get that down, then move over to the horse track. once you get the hang of it, you'll actually be one of those successful architects who can afford to pay employee bonuses.

and i will concur with lar and rationalist. usc sucks and notre dame sucks just as badly.

Oct 17, 05 5:13 pm  · 
 · 
vado retro

gambling is the reason that we now have college games on wednesday and thursday. a gambler will gladly put down the rent money on the miami ohio/kent state matchup. who else gives a damn?

Oct 17, 05 8:55 pm  · 
 · 
WonderK

Time to resurrect this thread.

The season is two weeks in, but I'm excited about this Sunday.....Bengals v Steelers in Pittsburgh. The excitement in Cincinnati is palpable.

Sep 22, 06 11:26 am  · 
 · 
Chili Davis

I think the Lions will have something in the W column after a propper spanking of the Green Bay Cheese Heads.

Sep 22, 06 11:43 am  · 
 · 
z|o|o|m

As first reported on craigslist

Breaking news:

Associated Press (9/15/2006, 8:30 AM PST)

OAKLAND , (CA)--Oakland Raiders football practice was delayed nearly two
hours today after a player reported finding an unknown white powdery
substance on the practice field. Head coach Art Shell immediately suspended
practice and called the police and federal investigators. After a complete
analysis, FBI forensic experts determined that the white substance unknown
to Raider players was the GOAL LINE. Practice resumed after special agents decided
the team was unlikely to encounter the substance again.

Sep 22, 06 12:12 pm  · 
 · 
AP

that's pretty funny Embiguous...

The Jags shut the Steelers out last week...this city was pretty psyched.

me? I'm a Bears fan. no fun in that, unfortunately...

Sep 22, 06 12:19 pm  · 
 · 
broccolijet

Hey, at least none of the Raiders players got on all-fours in an attempt to snort said goal line...

Go Patriots!!

Sep 22, 06 12:42 pm  · 
 · 
lletdownl

AP!!!! how is there NO fun in being a bears fan? are you even following what is goin on this season???

34-7 win of detroit last week? Rex Grossman has the highest QB rating in football after 2 weeks of games? defense looking impenetrable? offense showing life?
and after this weekend a bears team that will be 3-0 in their division?
a team looking like it could be a legitimate threat to easily run away with the North and become a possible super bowl contender???

the bears have had a defense more than capable of winning it all for years now, and we possibly have the offense to do it if we can maintain this with some consitancy.

its ALWAYS a blast to be a bears fan!

GO BEARS!!!! ROUGHIN UP THE VIKES ON SUNDAY! FINAL SCORE 24-10 BEARS!

Sep 22, 06 12:51 pm  · 
 · 
AP

ok, I was outta the country for the opening 2 weeks of the season, so I haven't a clue about anything that happened before last Monday's game between the Jags and Steelers ( I got back late Sunday night)...

as both a former Gator and life-long Bears fan, I was glad when we got Rex...good to hear that he's off to a good start.

and, you're right, even when the Bears are doing horribly, it's still fun to be a Bears fan...

I will take this opportunity to tell my favorite bears joke, admittedly from 5+ years ago...sorry if you've heard it before...:

Little Timmy's parents were getting a divorce.

As they sit in divorce court trying to decide who gets custody, the Judge asks Timmy, "Son, would you like to live with your mother?"

and Timmy replies, "No, she beats me."

"How about your father?"

"No, he beats me too."

"Well then Timmy, who would you like to live with?"

"The Bears. They don't beat anybody."

Sep 22, 06 1:52 pm  · 
 · 
cf

Saints
Notre Dame

Sep 22, 06 2:04 pm  · 
 · 
lletdownl

ok AP i forgive you
good bears joke, id not heard it

but this year... bears are going all the way... and guess who else will...

da bulls

are back

Sep 22, 06 2:18 pm  · 
 · 
Dapper Napper

I'll give you da bulls, cause I've been waiting for that painful rebuilding phase to end, but the bears will go to pieces around week 10, finish just short of the playoffs. So will the cowboys...the delusions of granduer need to stop.

Sep 22, 06 4:04 pm  · 
 · 
lletdownl

no delusions here, we play seattle in seattle week 4, if we can win that game and go to 4-0, the bears have to become a favorite in the nfc

Sep 22, 06 4:07 pm  · 
 · 
lletdownl

no delusions here, we play seattle in seattle week 4, if we can win that game and go to 4-0, the bears have to become a favorite in the nfc

ps... theres vitually no way the bears wont at least make the playoffs, the nfc north is horrible, theres not a team in that division thats even close to the bears as far as talent, coaching, and potential...
bears could easily win the division with a 9-7 mark, which they will definetly surpass

Sep 22, 06 4:08 pm  · 
 · 
broccolijet

i've got the bears for my fantasy defense...they've racked me up some solid points over the last 2 weeks.

they're one of the classic teams, i always like to see them do well...except of course in '85 when the Fridge scored a friggin' TD against my Patriots.

Sep 22, 06 6:30 pm  · 
 · 

cf- How much do you hate Michigan right now?

I'm in search of a good sports bar from which to enjoy watching my Trojans spank the Wildcats tomorrow.

Sep 22, 06 6:58 pm  · 
 · 
b3tadine[sutures]

i hear joey porter is looking to introduce batman to chad johnson this weekend...

Sep 22, 06 6:58 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: