Archinect
anchor

Kate Moss: another postmodern bitch hunt?

Kate Moss faces arrest on return

Going a wee bit too far there, London Police? They never actually aprehended her in the act. She was caught on a video. How can that possibly stand up in court?

Oct 6, 05 1:17 pm
Oana S.

we had a famous case in Ro when a public person was followed for several weeks and filmed, i think they might have even put a camera in his house. with the help of a person that became his employee they filmed him smoking weed (the law in Ro doesn't really make a difference between grass and coke). he was charged but was found not guilty as the evidence was not legal. they haven't officially discovered the people who filmed him, though unofficially everybody knows.
it isn't quite the same but as far as i knew it, they can't charge you for consumption... a video can't be valid in court as they can't prove it is coke, as obvious as it may be.

Oct 6, 05 1:37 pm  · 
 · 
brian buchalski

good grief, i was wondering if anybody would say anything about her. she has been having such a difficult time lately...it leaves me feeling very sad.

the police want a tough approach because she is glamorizing drug use? that's a ridiculous motive for prosecuting. of course she is glamorizing drug use because she is glamorous! so, if i'm a loser, do they let me go free because i'm feeding the perception that drug use is bad?

of course, the law does seem to having a way of being ridiculuous. here's a story of guy who is facing four life sentences for jerking off in public. certainly it's not a very polite thing to do, but is it any worse than sneezing on somebody?

seriously, four life sentences for masturbation? and sending kate moss to jail? what is the world coming to or am i on crazy pills?

Oct 6, 05 1:46 pm  · 
 · 

reactionary societies....

Oct 6, 05 1:51 pm  · 
 · 
BOTS

how I laughed

Oct 6, 05 2:06 pm  · 
 · 
rajish

what the fuck is postmoden about any of this garbage? come on people is it that slow of a work day?

Oct 6, 05 2:23 pm  · 
 · 
brian buchalski

it's a postmodern bitch hunt because it happened after the modern bitch hunts...like duh

and yes, it is a sloooow day

Oct 6, 05 3:23 pm  · 
 · 
Manteno_Montenegro
Oct 6, 05 3:25 pm  · 
 · 
savvy

I don't get the bear cartoon. Someone explain.

Oct 6, 05 5:33 pm  · 
 · 
A Center for Ants?

does a bear shit in the woods?

Oct 6, 05 6:01 pm  · 
 · 
Manteno_Montenegro
Oct 6, 05 6:20 pm  · 
 · 
Louisville Architect

okay, that was creepy.

Oct 7, 05 8:42 am  · 
 · 

Why "postmodern"? there is a phenomenon after women's lib of a certain resentment against those women that get "too pushy" and "too succesful." Martha Stewart would be the grand dame numero uno example. Yes indeed, they are very priviledged and tend to have oogles of money. More than that...they also have a lot of power. So why defend them? After all, they can hire the best attorneys, right? It's really not about them but about the not-so-famous ones.

In any case, it's easy to say "oh, she's a bitch" because they have all the wealth and power in the world. In fact, that's the message that you get over and over again. And for that reason they are also easy scapegoats when the shit goes down. That's what London Police is doing right now. They need scapegoats and nothing works better than busting a woman that's a "total bitch."

Oct 7, 05 9:12 am  · 
 · 
surface

Hey, let's talk about all the low-income men of color who are getting prosecuted for possession/use.

Oh wait, no one is talking about them.

Oct 7, 05 12:38 pm  · 
 · 

word...
Susan, way to expand this conversation form the rich to those that are really targetted by the cops.

Oct 7, 05 12:55 pm  · 
 · 

exactly. and i'm sure all of them are following Kate Moss and other famous people's example. see what i mean? but the state would have you believe that this actually is productive in the social sense. the companies can boot kate moss but they won't boot out cocaine for sure. it's easier to exploit an existing image than to actually design real policies that will work for average people.

Oct 7, 05 1:55 pm  · 
 · 
Kristix You! Black Emperor

It's so that they're ruining her life. It's just because it happend to be caught she but in that ambient it is well diffuse the practice.
They shouldn't hang up to that case...the bitch hunt...nothing gets solved like this only her life ruined.
Shitty Papparazzi, fuk off!!!

Oct 9, 05 5:37 am  · 
 · 
Fish

I'm sure Kate Moss will be okay. I'm not worried about her. I'm more worried about her daughter. It's hard to carry enough nappies around with an enormous sack of blow in your diaper bag.

Oct 9, 05 9:58 am  · 
 · 
hyperbolical paraboloid

actually, i think Kate welcomes this...it confirms her image as a 'studio 54' bad-girl type, making her even more exciting and glamorous and cool. i heard she laughed her head off when first told about the scoop--she's no fool. she knows she won't be prosecuted, and that all the product endorsements will come back and increase as long as she plays her cards right. she (and her crowd) is one of london's newspapers' longest-running soap operas, and every now and then she has to create an incident to keep things interesting...

there is no such thing as bad publicity.

Oct 9, 05 12:38 pm  · 
 · 
Kristix You! Black Emperor

this point of view is very interesting I admitt!

Oct 10, 05 4:23 am  · 
 · 

From The Wit of the Staircase: "Rock Against Drugs, what a name. Somebody was high when they came up with that title. It's like Christians Against Christ. Drugs created rock."

--Sam Kinison

A tip of the leopard skin pillbox hat to my beautiful artist friend Terri Philips, who wrote to say how grossed out she is by this latest celebrity witch trial.

Oct 14, 05 12:26 pm  · 
 · 
e909

"if a bear shlts in the woods and no one is round to hear it, then does shlt exist?"

Oct 30, 05 7:06 am  · 
 · 
BOTS

e909 - for the bear, it exists. Shit is a powerful word in the English language.

You can be shit faced, shit out of luck, or have shit for brains.

With a little effort, you can get your shit together, find a place for your shit or decide to shit or get off the pot.

You can smoke shit, buy shit, sell shit, lose shit, find shit, or forget shit.

Some people know their shit while others can't tell the difference between shit and shineola.

There are lucky shits, dumb shits, crazy shits, and sweet shits.

You can throw shit, sling shit, catch shit, or duck when shit hits the fan.

You can find yourself in deep shit or be happier than a pig in shit.

Some days are colder than shit, some days are hotter than shit, and some days are just plain shitty.

Some music sounds like shit, things can look like shit, and there are times when you feel like shit.

You can have too much shit, not enough shit, the right shit, the wrong shit or a lot of weird shit.

You can carry shit, have a mountain of shit, or find yourself up shit creek without a paddle.

Sometimes everything you touch turns to shit and other times you swim in a lake of shit and come out smelling like a rose.

When you stop to consider all the facts, it's the basic building block of creation.

And remember, once you know your shit, you don't need to know anything else!

Oct 30, 05 2:47 pm  · 
 · 
upside

shit eh?

Oct 30, 05 8:55 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: