Archinect
anchor

El Croquis collectors issue

mauOne™

Greetings archinectors,

I'm looking for a past issue of El Croquis, the Ben Van Berkel one, I think it's from around 1995, the publishers have no response for me and I can't find it in any online store I know.

Anyone of you seen it for sale ?
Wanna sell it ?
Know where I can get a copy ?

I'm after that one basically for the older industrial kind of container buildings they used to design “carbou” I think is the name of one of them

Thank you

Oct 5, 05 11:11 am
makelovebeforearchitecture

Hi mauOne,

I guess you are looking for the building for the contractor 'Karbouw' in Amersfoort, the Netherlands: http://www.architectuur.org/unstudio04.php, it is also published in the following book:

BERKEL, BEN VAN - BUSQUETS, JOAN (INTROD. ESSAY). Ben van Berkel, architect.
Rotterdam, 010 Publishers, 1992. Folding wrappers, 30 x 30 cm., 60 pages text in Dutch and English with plates, plans and illustrations in colour and black/white.

Oct 5, 05 9:39 pm  · 
 · 
wannabeAr

maybe you should go to a university library, i'm pretty sure they keep past issues of magazines in their periodical sections

Oct 6, 05 3:16 am  · 
 · 
mauOne™

yep, they got it there, but they wont sell it and i want it for me me me

Oct 6, 05 7:00 am  · 
 · 
brian buchalski

it's actually not too difficult to steal from libraries. i've generally found that they don't notice and even if they do try to stop you just tuck the book under your arm and give the librarian a running-back style stiff-arm (see heisman trophy for an example) and head straight for the door and then you are home free!

Oct 6, 05 8:24 am  · 
 · 
trace™

I've got the Van Berkel issue....ain't gonna sell it though ;-)

no ebay? I got mine in Barcelona (at Meier's Musuem of Mod Art, matter of fact), so maybe see if there are any overseas books stores or even the museum.

Good luck, it's nice and pretty. not much that isn't shown in the later monograph, though, and it's really thin.

Oct 6, 05 9:28 am  · 
 · 

the secret to stealing from libraries:

1. find an operable window, have a friend stand below it, throw book out window

2. typically the security tags are in the binding, so find it and remove

3. go at a time when work study students are working. they typically care less about alarms then librarians

4. bring a laptop case. typically libraries allow laptops to bypass the detectors for fear that they'll ruin your hard drive and they'll be responsible for it. act like their is a laptop in the case when you enter. fill the bag up with books, and exit like their is a laptop in the case.

5. ignore the alarm and keep walking

6. heisman technique (see puddle's post)

Oct 6, 05 10:21 am  · 
 · 
xtbl

steal from a library!? what has our society come to...

Oct 6, 05 3:25 pm  · 
 · 
xtbl

steal from a library!? what has our society come to...

Oct 6, 05 3:25 pm  · 
 · 
brian buchalski

cris, it's really not that big a deal since it's not like they are charging money for the books anyways. libraries aren't profit driven enterprises and most of them aleady have too many books. frankly, i more amazed that anyone would ever actually pay for a book.

Oct 6, 05 4:41 pm  · 
 · 
mauOne™

errrr puddles

stealing is a nono
even more nono if it is from a place that is offering something to people that might not have the money to buy it

thats not my case i can break my piggybank for this one, i just want someone to sell me that book !!!

Oct 6, 05 4:56 pm  · 
 · 
mauOne™

Just to point out something about Van Berkel & bos

I like that book, because it shows the early stuff designed and built in that office back when the term design still existed, after that they put out MOVE, a cool book but thats where they became BLOBBY and thats not the most interesting stuff about that firm for me

Oct 6, 05 5:26 pm  · 
 · 
trace™

yeah, I agree, they got sucked into Blobdom.

But, that book has some great stuff that I've never seen published elsewhere, some really cool small stuff.
Anyway, I like(d) the book and most is not blobby.

Oct 6, 05 7:19 pm  · 
 · 
xtbl

not that big a deal?!?!? is it a big deal to deprive me, a student who happens to need that book you just stole, from accessing that information?!?!? =P

Oct 6, 05 7:35 pm  · 
 · 
wannabeAr

k, maybe i shouldn't have mentioned the library thing...stealing's just wrong. seriously though, if you can't find it elsewhere, just make photocopies from the library collection.

Oct 6, 05 10:21 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: