Archinect
anchor

Karim Rashid, a good place to work?

haruki

I think I read on archinect that Israel Kanderian works at Karim Rashid's office. It must be a pretty cool place to work if Israel is hanging out there, but hey I guess rock stars attract rock stars. Maybe it's better than architecture? Any one else work at Rashid's or elswhere as an industrial designer? Israel, are you out there with any advice?

Sep 23, 05 1:09 am
haruki

P.S. I saw Rashid walking down Sunset Blvd. in Los Angeles once. He's really tall and was strutting down the street like he owned it and the hot babe he had his arm around. So rad!

Sep 23, 05 1:13 am  · 
 · 
haruki

Oops, sorry sir, your last name is spelled Kandarian. I wish archinect had an edit function.

Sep 23, 05 1:18 am  · 
 · 
yenafar
limk
Sep 23, 05 9:11 am  · 
 · 
yenafar
limk
Sep 23, 05 9:11 am  · 
 · 
Israel Kandarian

hahahaha!

Sep 23, 05 10:33 am  · 
 · 
o+

"I heard he actually was close to finding a cure for cancer, but he decided to design a yellow blobby DJ booth instead"..sweet

Sep 23, 05 11:11 am  · 
 · 
momentum

o+, i almost choked on my dr pepper when i was reading that. looks like israel respects him in the utmost capacity.

Sep 23, 05 11:21 am  · 
 · 
Suture

but he looks so cool in his designer sunglasses:

http://www.archinect.com/gallery/displayimage.php?album=lastup&cat=0&pos=0

Sep 23, 05 12:48 pm  · 
 · 
b3tadine[sutures]

i hope no one takes offense, but that guy seems like a major fucking prick. he's on that television show about people competing for some kind of product design and having their designs evaluated. everytime he comes on the screen i scream at the tv and yell to my wife, i fucking hate that guy, i want him to die...please someone tell me it's going to be ok!

Sep 23, 05 1:08 pm  · 
 · 
and/or

it's going to be ok.
but I would choke on dr pepper no matter what.

Sep 23, 05 1:35 pm  · 
 · 
JG

What ever happened to his brother Hani? I haven't heard about his work in years.

Sep 23, 05 2:22 pm  · 
 · 
momentum

Asymptote put out the book "Flux" about 2-3 years back.

Sep 23, 05 2:29 pm  · 
 · 
Francisco David Boira

Asymptote is doing really well.
They're doing a bunch of different projects, and actually hiring people almost everyday. (This was two weeks ago).
They won the competition to develop a large open site on the city of Penang in Malaysia. Also a tower in Miami and another project for VW, which my friend Alex Pincus is currently working on (with initial deadline for today actually) with Stella Lee.

Sep 23, 05 3:09 pm  · 
 · 
Israel Kandarian

from core77, on a related topic:
"If that man ever makes one thing that could be considered useful to this planet I'll eat my own sack."

imagine the conviction it takes to throw down a gauntlet that extreme...it's almost worth convincing rashid to make something useful just to see if that guy will indeed feast on himself.

Sep 23, 05 5:41 pm  · 
 · 
Sergio Lopez-Pineiro

asymptote? what does asymptote have to do with karim rashid? i must be missing something here ...

Sep 23, 05 7:43 pm  · 
 · 
Sergio Lopez-Pineiro

sorry, yeah, they're brothers ...

Sep 23, 05 7:45 pm  · 
 · 
NoSleep

anybody else seen this stuff? i don't get it...

his website

Oct 22, 07 8:56 pm  · 
 · 
Apurimac

cmon MDLER, post a pic of that asshole already!

Oct 22, 07 9:10 pm  · 
 · 
snooker

The pictures of the guy gives me the kooties....but he is a design machine...

Oct 22, 07 9:42 pm  · 
 · 

that guy is a brilliant design motor. but most you can be next to a designer like that is to become best assistant, forever though. reminds me ugly betty tv environment.

Oct 22, 07 11:19 pm  · 
 · 
Apurimac

thats a hell of alot of commas.

Oct 23, 07 1:05 am  · 
 · 
morgan2sims

f. d. boira - how come you're always name dropping those 2 particular friends of yours... and providing a link to boot..

Oct 23, 07 4:56 am  · 
 · 
le bossman

why would anyone think he's cool?

Oct 23, 07 10:17 am  · 
 · 
larslarson

morgan2sims...
you realize you're responding to a two year old post...right?

Oct 23, 07 10:20 am  · 
 · 
ether

what's with his goofy grin? did he just deficate in his pants?

Oct 23, 07 10:38 am  · 
 · 
larslarson

doesn't he know that you're not supposed to wear white pants
after labor day?

Oct 23, 07 11:33 am  · 
 · 
NoSleep

i may not like his material design work, but i dig some of his tats.

has anyone heard this guy talk? good articulation. i'm surprised he speaks so well looking like that...

Oct 23, 07 12:06 pm  · 
 · 

genius "breaking away from the meaningless.*"- *quote from the manifestique

Oct 23, 07 1:11 pm  · 
 · 
Dapper Napper

Surprisingly, I heard him speak at a Jenn-Air product launch dinner I attended last year. Really good speaker, though I'm pretty sure most of the crowd had no idea what he was talking about and that's how he wanted it. The clash of the master designer ego and the mcmansion owner egos was interesting.

Oct 23, 07 1:25 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: