Archinect
anchor

MUD: 2 year Programs

Spackle

Dear smart, good lookin, accomplished people,

Below is a list of schools offering 1 and 2 year MUDs for students WITHOUT professional degrees in architecture, environmental design or a mcp.

......................................................................................................

(US) Parsons, ASU*, SCAD, CMU, Kent State, UNC Charlotte, UMiami...

(INT) University of Sydney, Melbourne (MSD), University of Western Australia, UC Dublin, Tongji University, The European Postgraduate Masters in Urbanism*, National University Singapore, British Columbia (UBC), Kingston University, University of Hong Kong*, University of Oulu, Amsterdam Academy of Architecture...a whole list of European Schools 

(*) conditional on experience, education and portfolio.  

......................................................................................................

I am looking at SCAD, Parsons (No GRE) and a few INT programs.. These programs might not be as strong as the more sought after programs in the US but they are good enough. Additionally, all this hype over schools is bs.  I am personally over all the bullsh*t ass kissing and hoop jumping.   Experience trumps education. 

I graduated with a degree in urban studies and planning from San Francisco State and have been working in the field for about 3 years. Work experience is as follows.

• San Francisco Neighborhood Parks Council Urban Design Intern
  • Postgraduate fellowship with the Institut of Teknologi Surabaya, Indonesia: Master Planning and Urban Design 
  • SFMTA Livable Streets Planner: pedestrian, bicycle, streetscape planning + design

Go steelers

Oct 20, 11 9:43 pm
citizen

This is very interesting to me, since I get planning students asking all the time about urban design, and "do I need to go to architecture school?" to get into it.  Clearly, the answer on one level is 'no.'   But I'd like to see the curricula for these programs to see how they train for design.

Oct 22, 11 1:04 pm  · 
 · 
Spackle

The two year MUD program at Melbourne looks pretty interesting. http://www.msd.unimelb.edu.au/urban-design/master-of-urban-design.html

thoughts or comments?

Is a MLA or M.arch really necessary?

Oct 24, 11 7:27 pm  · 
 · 
publiccourse

As additional obligations land on the public authority, the requirement for better administration of public issues keeps on expanding. Any country's organization is an impression of the public administration diploma possibilities and value of its residents. The actual foundation of progress and development of the nation lies in a completely evolved policy management.

Dec 22, 22 2:24 am  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: