Archinect
anchor

Nano, I think I love you.

mm

As Paul pointed out in the news section, Apple has announced the newest item to lust after.

http://www.apple.com/ipodnano/

Sep 7, 05 3:29 pm
b3tadine[sutures]

nanoo-nanoo

I loveed Mork & Mindy!

Sep 7, 05 3:39 pm  · 
 · 
alreadyblue

It replaced the IPOD mini... bummer those were kind of cool.

Sep 7, 05 3:55 pm  · 
 · 
spiderdad

seriously guys... who exactly is going to buy this?

surely almost everyone who wanted to, has already bought an ipod?

those who wanted something smaller, have bought the ipod mini?

those who wanted the colour screens, go that too...

is this going to be bought my the people who already have the older stuff?

i mean, seriously... i cant keep with up with this shit!!!

my wallet cant keep up with this shit... im an architect for god sake!!!

Sep 7, 05 4:00 pm  · 
 · 
Gordon
A Center for Ants?

i had a 2nd gen. ipod. hard drive failed a week after the 1 year warranty.

i'm gonna get one.

and it has the photo option

i'm psyched.

Sep 7, 05 4:42 pm  · 
 · 
A Center for Ants?

oh. and the black option looks hot.

Sep 7, 05 4:43 pm  · 
 · 
manamana

sigh...so sad compared to what could have been:

http://www.dapreview.net/comment.php?comment.news.2051

RIP Rio, the only DAP company to ever get it right.

Sep 7, 05 6:27 pm  · 
 · 
paper tiger

arrarrzzzz
mac losers?
i may have to make you my bitch.

Sep 7, 05 7:07 pm  · 
 · 
pinstripeprincess

that's sick... i want one.

i never gave into ipod before, but this is way too tempting...

Sep 7, 05 9:12 pm  · 
 · 
WonderK

I'm bummed that they got rid of the Minis too. I love the color options. I love my green Mini. I guess it's vintage now!

Of course the flash cards are better technology but the black and white, while classic, are a little boring.

Sep 8, 05 8:39 am  · 
 · 
bigness

ipod mini were ugly as feck, good thing apple realised.
i still cannot get enough power out of my apple computer tho...

Sep 8, 05 8:56 am  · 
 · 
Alan

I had a look at one this evening, at an Apple store. Perhaps this would be a good time to buy a Mini? The Nano, like its older brothers, is going to get scratched to hell. I liked the finish on the Mini, and certainly it would be more resilient. Although, for some reason or other, it seems difficult to buy a product that has been immediately discontinued, and removed from Apple's website...

Sep 9, 05 2:08 am  · 
 · 
Alan

Also, the Mini did not look "ugly as feck".

Sep 9, 05 2:09 am  · 
 · 
nappy

For those of you who have seen it in person, black or white? Anyone got GOOD/HONEST pics of the black version?

Sep 9, 05 6:33 am  · 
 · 
JohnProlly

the black one is hottttt

Sep 9, 05 7:48 am  · 
 · 
JohnProlly

Rio's are pieces of shit - huh huh huh huh huuuu let's make a click wheel too...

Face it, apple sets the trends and everyone else flails their arms to prevent them from drowning.

Sep 9, 05 7:49 am  · 
 · 
nappy

yeah the black one looks SEXY IN THAT PICTURE...but i guess i gotta see in IRL.

Sep 9, 05 7:58 am  · 
 · 
sahar

What happened to Apple? It used to take chances, and actually make different things. I think all of the things Apple has been releasing or only 5% better than what they already had. Its a bore.

Sep 9, 05 8:06 am  · 
 · 
pinstripeprincess

they know what sells and after the mini and shuffle they realize that there are people out there who are willing to upgrade. it's all the business of it.... let's hope that while they're whitling away their time reinventing the wheel about 4 times over.... they've got some fabulous non-mp3 item coming out.

Sep 9, 05 8:30 am  · 
 · 
manamana

this thread illustrates what pisses me off to no end about the ipod craze:

# posts about how it looks: 9
# posts about how it works: 3 (maybe)

ipods are fashion accessories (thank apple's marketing for that), other companies make players for the folks who really care about the music they put on it.

that said I kinda like the nano in that it fills a niche (>1GB flash players), but I really wish they'd just put a few people on fixing the ipod's deficiencies:

gapless, FM, vorbis/flac support, battery life, MSC...

Sep 10, 05 3:19 am  · 
 · 
driftwood

The Panasonic SV-SD 100V looks pretty damn good. Rivals the iPod series for sure. Check it out in the latest issue of Dwell.

Sep 10, 05 3:48 am  · 
 · 
b3tadine[sutures]

yeah the panasonic looks nice, but you can only put maybe a 2gig card in it...

Sep 10, 05 9:35 am  · 
 · 
mauOne™

i admit that i also surrender to its beauty after denying the ipod craze 4 so long

a question to the users please, are ipods good for carrying other type of data files ? say i want to transport my DWG and MAX files, would there be damage ?

Sep 10, 05 10:42 am  · 
 · 
Kool-Aid

I just ordered a nano. Ive been using MiniDisc for over 4 years and I decided to cross over and check it out. I never even considered buying an ipod before this thing came out (in fact I had ordered a rio but then cancelled the order after seeing the nano) All you haters need to stop-you know the nano is the best looking player out there right now.
Besides, if it sucks my faithful minidisc player will be in a drawer waiting for me...

Sep 10, 05 12:43 pm  · 
 · 

i've been denying the ipod craze myself - I don't think the use if intuitive until I tried the shuffle, its bloody simple and simple looking, seems to be a good use of technology but guilt has run dear steve jobs so he decided to drop a comprimise with the nano what's next

new in sexy imac colours
fuck the mac - them and their beedy eyes
and brilliant sex-induced colours, I want my life beige
if I want music on the go i'll listen to my 8-track or my am radio damnit
kids today we used to be happy with the funny shapes on the tv from our commodore or atari 2600, not this lifelike Splinter cell that makes me think i'm watching the latest Chuck Norris flick
where's my 1984, 1977, 1980 gone to? Damn Jane get me off this crazy thing

Sep 11, 05 12:31 am  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: