Archinect
anchor

Sending out your porfolio

TheMasterBuilder

Hello all,

I have a question about sending out your porfolio to prospective employers. Most of my work I show is work I've done while employed at another architects office, and they are laid out as the actual drawings we'd hand in to clients ( full title block, companies name, ect). I was wondering, when I send the work out to people, should I photoshop the title block out, or alter the image in some way. I'm concerned about people possibly misusing the files somehow, even though its unlikely, you never know. What do you think?

Oct 20, 11 1:26 pm
Purpurina

If you worked on the project, tell the prospective employers your role in it. Your past employers should not have a problem with that. If you ex-boss is a reasonable person, s/he, can give you even a verbal or written authorization.

Oct 20, 11 4:17 pm  · 
 · 
TheMasterBuilder

My concern is the title block, I don't want someone to use these drawings in any way. I'm honestly a bit apprehensive about sending people samples of my work at all, and I wish I didn't have to, but so many people are asking for it now.

And this particular boss is not reasonable, he actually laid me off via phone call two days before I was set to go on a vacation. Luckily I saw it coming, so I printed out everthing I did for him before he laid me off.

Oct 20, 11 8:18 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: