Archinect
anchor

Prison Break (TV)

Colm

Does anyone else think it would be more plausible for Scofield to be an architect rather than a structural engineer? An architect has access to ALL drawings mech/elec, specs for screws + equipment, and the finesse to deal with all kinds of characters.

Sep 6, 05 12:48 pm
raj

he would have drawings either way...
shop drawings to tell him what screws he would use.

(although i did find it funny that he HAD to get the screw from only that ONE bench)...did they only use that screw at that one place?!?
i have a feeling they are going to suggest that he spec'd each thing specifically with this stuff in mind...hopefully not.

i think it is funny tv producers hire docs and police officers, lawyers...etc. to make sure they are accurate. it just goes to show you everyone thinks they can be an architect!!

don't know if i will make it through the season though.

Sep 6, 05 1:00 pm  · 
 · 

i guess, but that show kicks ass even if he was a pizza delivery guy

Sep 6, 05 1:01 pm  · 
 · 
b3tadine[sutures]

since we're on the topic take a closer look at the "masonry" walls of the prison cells, i have never in my entire - short - career have ever seen joints that even, perfect. and if you catch a glance at the back wall of the cell you'll notice a return? grill in the wall, yet for some unexplicable reason it's not cut in coursing?! i mean what the fa?! i know some mason is going, i'd never do it that way...and those walls would never look that pretty!

Sep 6, 05 1:07 pm  · 
 · 
morgan2sims

omg, i love the show. i think it makes more sense to make scofield a structural engineer rather than an architect. cos architects r rather glamorous and rockstarrish, compared to engineers. and i think scofield as a character in the show is rather nerd-y, 'brainy'.. which what they wanted him to be.

but that scene where they show sco (scofield) in his loft with a wall full of pin ups and diagrams, his tattoo as a kind of diagram of the prison plan... makes him more like an architect to me.

is the rumor abt the guy playing sco real? that's to bad for us girls :(

Apr 4, 08 12:46 am  · 
 · 
Confections

Raj: I agree, I don't think it was that specific benches. All the benches there were alike.

Ahhh, he is just about the dreamiest guy ever.

I think Scolfield suited an engineer more than an architect, very focused, to the details and always with the exact calculations. He knows how to work gadgets too.

If he was an architect, he would just staring into the walls, the atrium, the little window pass the fields...imagining.... and yeah.

Apr 4, 08 2:55 am  · 
 · 
morgan2sims

the rumor about his being gay, i mean

Apr 4, 08 3:08 am  · 
 · 
aspect

if he is an architect, he would have been T-bag's bitch and stay that way for the rest of the season.

Apr 4, 08 4:44 am  · 
 · 
morgan2sims

i also found the show to be a lil mcgyver-ish, what with there seem to be one problem after another, and he's solving those problems, sometimes with gadgets and whatnot. like his mind never actually stops ticking

Apr 4, 08 6:31 am  · 
 · 
Confections

morgan2sims: yes he's not hetero. :(

Apr 4, 08 1:05 pm  · 
 · 
morgan2sims

no! i thought that's jst a rumor... where did you hear that?

how come we don't know which guy is and which isn't anymore? :(

Apr 5, 08 1:01 am  · 
 · 
Fallingwater

Gay or not, let's agree that Prison Break is a good show. Michael Scofield is my favorite type for having low-latent inhibition--- the genius syndrome.
I am thinking about that some producer out there should make a new TV series like a better versions of Grey's Anatomy, but the setting will be in an architecture office and about the relationships among interns, starchitects, and other practitioners.

Apr 11, 08 4:33 am  · 
 · 
b3tadine[sutures]

honestly? this show WAS interesting for the first commercial break.

Apr 11, 08 6:43 am  · 
 · 
morgan2sims

fallingwater, i was thinking the same thing actually, but isn't grey's already is like abt arch internship, just pretend the medical interns are architectural assistants, the patients are models, the residents are starchitects.. i was half joking.

anyway, back to prison break, this will answer the question posted by the guy who started this thread: michael scofield is actually an (in-house?) engineer who works in architecture firm, hence he has access to all the drawings and specs.

i just finished watching season 3 on dvd (didn't hv time to watch it on tv), waiting for season 4.. when will it start? oh the waiting.. anticipating..

Apr 14, 08 4:57 am  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: