Archinect
anchor

HELP FOR TULANE students go to archinect.com/emergency

cornell/katrina

College of Art, Architecture and Planning

The Departments of Architecture and of Design and Environmental Analysis will offer support to assist Tulane students who wish to study architecture, design and the applied arts at Cornell during the upcoming year.

Sep 2, 05 12:03 pm  · 
 · 
David Burns

The Carnegie Mellon University School of Architecture is also accepting Tulane Students. We have contacted the ACSA and Reed Kroloff to inform them that our doors are open.

Please contact me at [email protected] for more information.

David Burns
Adjunct Assistant Professor of Architecture
Carnegie Mellon University
School of Architecture
201 CFA
Pittsburgh, PA 15213

Sep 2, 05 1:12 pm  · 
 · 

the info page for Columbia

Sep 2, 05 1:28 pm  · 
 · 
Barrett

University of Florida

UF

I don't know that they are accepting Arch students just yet, but if you know students in other disciplines pass on the info

Sep 2, 05 1:32 pm  · 
 · 
Jr.

The Chronicle of Higher Education has set up a Katrina forum--there is a listing of schools that are known to be accepting students from the hurricane area:

http://chronicle.com/jobs/forums/list.php?f=19

Sep 2, 05 1:41 pm  · 
 · 
adrienne

University of Pennsylvania is also offering admission to displaced students...Philadelphia is working on how to house families from hurricane affected regions

http://www.upenn.edu/pennnews/hurricane2.php

Sep 2, 05 4:07 pm  · 
 · 
momentum

just got in touch with the coa at texas tech, and they are trying to put something together. Nothing's posted yet, but this is a starting point for those of you looking. i was told be one of the associate deans that they have offered the gallery up for use by tulane.

Sep 2, 05 7:01 pm  · 
 · 
ashimomura

anybody interested in an undergrad architectural studies program (not 5 year) and goes to tulane...Tufts is accepting some students, althoguh i don't know who...

Sep 2, 05 7:51 pm  · 
 · 
rhodes8mph

Although Kansas State University has not yet officially formulated a response, I feel it is forthcoming, and I have no reservations about inviting students to come to Kansas. You can even crash at my place. Also, if their are students who need a ride up, we'll come get you.

Patrick Rhodes
Assistant Professor
Kansas State University

Executive Director
Project Locus
www.projectlocus.org
(617) 447-6130

Sep 3, 05 3:25 am  · 
 · 
Dean Donna

Hello All,
Following is an email announcement from Lew Collens, President of Illinois Institute of Technology. We hope to be of whatever help we can be to students, faculty and staff of Tulane as they suffer through this ordeal:

Date: Fri, 02 Sep 2005 14:30:14 -0500
Subject: Hurricane Katrina
To: Undisclosed Recipients <[email protected]>
X-Massmailerid: 1756

The ongoing tragedy unfolding along the Gulf Coast is of concern to all of us. I have had many conversations and emails about how we can all best help the victims of Katrina.

IIT as an institution will do everything possible to accommodate students from schools in the affected areas. We have offered to accommodate the entire school of architecture from Tulane University; we already have a number of Tulane students living in fraternities on campus; and we have had several other students enroll in classes.

The concern of the IIT community goes far beyond accommodating affected students. We all want to do something to help the refugees as they struggle to regain their footing in society. The McCormick Tribune Foundation has established the Hurricane Katrina Relief Campaign and will provide a 50% match for all gifts up to $2 million dollars. All funds will be distributed directly to disaster relief organizations that provide short and long-term aid to those affected by Hurricane Katrina.

You may donate online at http://www.rrmtf.org/mtf/hurricanerelief.htm
On the donation form, if you enter Illinois Institute of Technology as the company name the foundation will be able to tell us the total contributed by our community.

If you have other ideas about how we can all help please let me know.

Sep 3, 05 10:43 am  · 
 · 

I should have perhaps explained a little better... the http://archinect.com/emergency/ page is now up for these types of announcements.

Sep 3, 05 10:51 am  · 
 · 
lletdownl

according to lew collens, the man in charge at IIT, all tulane arch students can study in IIT's arch department

Sep 3, 05 1:34 pm  · 
 · 
lletdownl

donna robertson was the dean at tulan so it makes sense

Sep 3, 05 1:35 pm  · 
 · 

Reed Kroloff, Dean of Tulane's Architecture Department, would like to get word to his students about what they should do as a result of conditions in New Orleans. Students, faculty, and parents can reach him at a temporary email address: [email protected]

Sep 3, 05 5:25 pm  · 
 · 
From the news

A message from Reed Kroloff
Sep 03, 05 | 2:49 pm
Tulane University cannot hold a fall semester on its campus. While this news is extremely disappointing to all of us, our students can continue their academic careers uninterrupted thanks to an avalanche of support from our colleagues in higher education. Nine of the leading higher education associations, which represent hundreds of colleges and universities around the country, have developed a plan to accept Tulane students, as well as those from other institutions adversely affected by the hurricane, for the fall semester only. This coalition has set forth guidelines for temporary enrollment for the fall semester. Tulane University will accept credit for all courses with a passing grade from regionally accredited universities; such credit will be applied to a student's Tulane course of study. We encourage all Tulane students to enroll in courses that they might have enrolled in at Tulane, but equivalent or near equivalent courses will also count to degree progress. Students enrolled in Architecture should enroll in universities with programs that are also accredited.

Sep 3, 05 5:51 pm  · 
 · 
Jr.

An alphabetical lists of known schools accepting hurricane students (may not be comprehensive, but at least it's organized)

http://www.livejournal.com/community/academics_anon/853282.html

Sep 3, 05 6:35 pm  · 
 · 
arimae

Our dean sent us a letter for anyone we know who is affected by hurricance Katrina. I figured I would just post it here. Good luck to everyone in New Orleans. People are pulling for you.

----------

For students and faculty at hurricane-affected schools, Taliesin, the Frank Lloyd Wright School of Architecture has room immediately available for:

- (8) graduate and/or upper-level undergraduate students enrolled in Architecture
- (2) faculty members plus their families

Students and faculty would be welcome for the short-term to a full-year, and would receive full course credit from our NAAB-accredited program.

Until mid-October, our School operates in Spring Green, Wisconsin. From then until mid-May, the School operates in Scottsdale, Arizona.

Residence is provided on-site, with dormitory accommodations in Wisconsin and desert shelter accommodations in Arizona.

Please let us know how we can help.

Victor Sidy, AIA
Dean, Frank Lloyd Wright School of Architecture
www.Taliesin.edu

Sep 5, 05 5:33 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: