Archinect
anchor

Steel Fabrication in NYC

turbowombat

Does anyone have any recommendations for a custom steel fabricator in or around New York City? I'm looking for small scale work (furniture, etc.).

Aug 30, 05 11:50 am
JohnProlly

Chinatown!!!

Chinatown has the CHEAPEST steel fabricators in NYC...

Aug 30, 05 12:27 pm  · 
 · 
Sean Taylor

I have worked with Peter Mann (Jersey City, NJ), Studio 40 (Brooklyn), S&V (for stainless, Bronx) and S squared (Brooklyn).

These are all good fabricators.

The best that I have ever worked with is Raredon Resources in Northhampton, MA with a close second Company K in Seattle, WA. But they are both expensive.

Aug 30, 05 12:53 pm  · 
1  · 

Northampton, MA?!?!? there are fabricators out here?

Aug 30, 05 12:57 pm  · 
 · 

hmmm... tyvek, would you be kind enough to pass along some info on them, all I can find online is their addresss. I'd be interested to check out their shop and see what they're doing, mainly because they're in my back yard and I'm a fabrication junkie.

Aug 30, 05 1:02 pm  · 
 · 
larslarson

i have two friends that do custom work in brooklyn..
soapstone studios. they are both really good guys.
check out their work at soapstonestudios.com. they
do everything from sculpture for louise bourgeois to
custom fabricated furniture for shops in and around nyc.

Aug 30, 05 1:05 pm  · 
 · 
Sean Taylor

Pixel. I don't know of an online presence for Raredon. If you would like I can pass along their contact info. via e-mail.

Aug 30, 05 1:28 pm  · 
 · 

Yeah, I've been googling Raredon and haven't come up with anything except a couple oddball mentions of their name in Architectural Record. If you could pass that along via email, it would be greatly appreciated - all I've been able to find is their mailing address.

Aug 30, 05 1:31 pm  · 
 · 
interstitial

I would check out amsterdam metal works in Long Island City, Queens, they're a small shop and do excellent work. They have a strong background in machining and are currently doing small to medium scale interiors, for example the contemporary art gallery by vito acconci, stainless steel, and they also built the roof of light-wing a few years back at P.S. 1. They also work with degree zero and roewu architects. Check out their work at

http://www.amsterdammetalworks.com

Aug 30, 05 1:46 pm  · 
 · 
turbowombat

thanks for all the help! If I learn any more, I'll post it here as well..

Aug 30, 05 8:58 pm  · 
 · 
ice9

richard goloveyko is in philly, but he does tons of work in the city. and he's an architect...i've yet to send him a detail he couldn't improve with sensitivity...

www.veyko.com

Aug 30, 05 9:12 pm  · 
 · 
bencarsa

If you haven't still gotten any to use, you can contact waterjet machines. They specialize in metal fabrication https://www.techniwaterjet.com

Dec 10, 21 2:37 am  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: