· 
Try Google
May 2, 06 11:00 am  · 
 · 
speechless

May 2, 06 12:07 pm  · 
 · 
PetePeterson

paper tiger: can you post your rack on the internet again for a bit?

Strugs (who is perhaps exclsuive to the grad school genre?) is an honorable mention in my books...

May 2, 06 12:23 pm  · 
 · 
le bossman

ah. vado is a genius yes...

May 2, 06 3:08 pm  · 
 · 
PaperTigerII

ladies and gentlemen....
i'm back, though i'm not sure for how long. i promise i'll be kinder, gentler, and an all around peach from now on. first of all, johndevlin is gone?! that guy was always so nice and considerate....the complete opposite of me....and i'm actually serious.

as for my wine rack. things are great for it but i will not post it. i'm setting up a silly myspace account of some of my work, pictures of my pug, and hysterical blogs(hysterical crazy not hysterical ha-ha) so as soon as i get some myspace organazized, i'll post it on this post. alright, i'm going to lunch.
did anybody here enter that chair design competition? i did. it was a lot of fun. and while i think the balance of mass production and aesthetics this year leaned more towards the mass production, the finalists were good choices, but the best part was looking at everyone's entries. truly great stuff.

May 2, 06 3:37 pm  · 
 · 
PaperTigerII

and is ol'dirty bastard still around? he was like my batman to my robin, my yoda to my luke, my wookie to my han solo...my vanna to my pat, my chuck, to my norris....

"Chuck Norris counted to infinity - twice."

May 2, 06 3:43 pm  · 
 · 
evilplatypus

I'm going to have vote 4 Liberty Bell, its an honor that she keeps a scrap book of my posts.

Is Arch Angel still getting nect'rs all riled up somewhere?

May 3, 06 1:28 pm  · 
 · 
PROPHET OF DOOM
4 E
May 3, 06 1:43 pm  · 
 · 
liberty bell

Another post by evilp!! I need to go to the scrapbooking superstore and buy more pages and glue!

Still haven't found a picture of that map of meth lab explosions, though - I need it to complete the collection ;-)

May 3, 06 4:52 pm  · 
 · 
broccolijet

oh man, i have to second sporadic supernova (despite your sarcasm)...soulikeit is my favorite at the moment.

that kid is out of his/her mind...their talent to amuse and annoy, and be confused by the response is hilarious! perhaps they should consider pursuing drama instead of architecture.

May 3, 06 4:55 pm  · 
 · 
liberty bell

For this afternoon, it's SuperImpose.

May 5, 06 1:07 pm  · 
 · 
WonderK

lb, I think SuperImpose is someone we know masquerading about under an alias. A SuperImpostor, if you will.

I wonder what ever happened to SuperWonder. They blew my mind, for only 4 posts though.

May 5, 06 1:32 pm  · 
 · 

yes, mr. impose does seem to be a serial reenactor with whom we're all familiar. welcome back!

May 5, 06 1:37 pm  · 
 · 

It's interesting how once a deception is seen the deception itself disappears and all that's really left is the truth.

May 5, 06 1:48 pm  · 
 · 
job job

it really couldn't have been more obvious if you took the moniker holden caulfield or hadrian coitus

good to see you around. have you been travelling astral planes?

May 5, 06 2:02 pm  · 
 · 
Smokety Mc Smoke Smoke

librty bell, hasselhoff, vado, and the guy who had the "engine chicken" post

May 5, 06 2:19 pm  · 
 · 
PaperTigerII
http://www.chucknorrisfacts.com/
May 5, 06 2:24 pm  · 
 · 
PaperTigerII

if you're bored. or want funny. and totally dig walker, texas ranger, than this is for you... give it a chance. it's worth it.

May 5, 06 2:25 pm  · 
 · 
PaperTigerII

if you're bored. or want funny. and totally dig walker, texas ranger, than this is for you... give it a chance. it's worth it.

May 5, 06 2:25 pm  · 
 · 
PaperTigerII

my bad, i had a seizure.

May 5, 06 2:28 pm  · 
 · 

regarding astral planes, I've actually been spending a lot of time lately gardening at a quondam 17th century North American Swedish fort site. While weeding, and sodding, etc. I sometimes think of the others who were once there too--world traveling Swedes, George Washington, John and Abigale Adams, Thomas Jefferson, Benjamin Franklin--plus Diocletian because he retired as Emperor and belovedly took up gardening.

There's going to be lots of raspberries in about a month and a half, and I've found three very young peach trees. So far the history of the place records two peach groves to have been here, the first planted by the rich Quakers that owned the place sometime after the Swedish settlement, and the grove planted by my mother throughout the mid-1980s to mid-1990s. I'm insisting on a new peach grove reenactment.

There was tons of spontaneous dill last year, but it's not gonna get that far this year.

Doing this stuff myself is all very new to me, but thankfully the best resident gardening mentor is still alive to teach me as I go along.

May 5, 06 2:28 pm  · 
 · 
PaperTigerII

gardening is a wonderful thing. i knew a man once, just once, who spend some time in a monastery in thailand, there's a certain mindlessness that is so peaceful with doing tasks such as digging, or planting seeds, or even sweeping long wooden floors....yet these tasks set the mind to daydream, and we begin to ponder other things or other actions we need to take while in this state of medial labor....i digress, while working the earth with a hoe, a monk came up to my friend and asked him what he was thinking, my friend replied he was daydreaming and wondering about other tasks he had yet to begin....the monk told him no...he was doing it wrong, if digging a hole, he should think of digging that hole only, of each stroke, the rythm, the action, like planting seeds, or trimming bushes, or mowing the lawn, the action should be the only point of focus, do not let the mind wonder away. so when i sweep the wooden floors of my home, i focus on the movement of the broom, and take my time, and the dust, and the specs, and i find it's so peaceful. when i tend to my tomatoes, i focus on the tomatoes only. it's weird, giving the mind over completely to simplicity.

May 5, 06 2:36 pm  · 
 · 

Yeah, the monk is right. If you really are gardening and sweeping (gosh I love sweeping) you really aren't thinking of other things. Like when I actually do thinks of the others there before me, it's usually, "Huh, I've been here all morning and this is the first time today I've thought of the other spirits. Hi guys!"

May 5, 06 2:44 pm  · 
 · 
broccolijet

cf -- a.k.a. the Minister of Standardization & Code -- is seriously cracking me up lately!

Jun 7, 06 6:13 pm  · 
 · 
skeerd

i love you all equally

Jun 7, 06 8:35 pm  · 
 · 
treekiller

*bump*

A shout out to everyone who put on a 'scaper hat to join the LA Cornfields park discussion (including the newbies). that was fun!

Oct 29, 06 2:35 pm  · 
 · 
mdler

what about the mdler???

Oct 30, 06 5:50 pm  · 
 · 
lletdownl

enough about mdler
what about lletdownl

Oct 31, 06 6:11 pm  · 
 · 
architect21

Steven Ward, the voice of intelligent reason I agree.
Of all the posters here he is the best.

Nov 2, 06 1:38 am  · 
 · 

somehow i've got you people so fooled. i'm actually a hopeless mess.

Nov 2, 06 7:20 am  · 
 · 

oh. but i'm being ungracious. thanks, architect21!

Nov 2, 06 7:21 am  · 
 · 
liberty bell

I can vouch that not only is Steven intelligent and reasonable, his sense of humor is simultaneously warm and cutting in a hilarious way.

But boy, he can sure be ungracious, though!!

Nov 2, 06 7:24 am  · 
 · 
farmer

I think Steven is great because (right now) he's an underdog and he admits to being vulnerable...

Nov 2, 06 7:27 am  · 
 · 

he hasn't appeared on anyone's shout-out list yet (i think), so i'll have to give big credit to treekiller for bringing incredible energy, goofiness, AND a high level of thoughtful discussion to the site lately.

Nov 2, 06 7:47 am  · 
 · 
liberty bell

Agreed - treekiller is awesome.

Nov 2, 06 8:58 am  · 
 · 
treekiller

awwww shucks folks....

Nov 2, 06 9:04 am  · 
 · 
Rim Joist

Lately I find that RimJoist is the smartest person here. I really enjoy his witty posts.

Nov 2, 06 9:30 am  · 
 · 
liberty bell

Rim Joist, despite some earlier tiffs, you do crack me up all the time, the above being no exception. The phone call "Was it for you?" comment made be about pee my pants laughing.

That said, you once snarkily wondered why those of us here who have posted a lot and perhaps seem (to you) pompous about it don't post images of our own work so we can be judged openly as to whether our work holds up to our words. Although I've posted a lot on the construction site pic of the day thread, I'm embarrassed to admit that I STILL don't have a website up for our firm (and I'm starting to wonder if that shouldn't actually be our marketing strategy - we're so exclusive we only work on referral you can't even find us on the web ha ha!), but! I just discovered that one of our contractors has tons of our pics on his own website: Wrightworks.net. Anything there credited to MW Harris, designer, is done by my partner. Most of it is several years old and is pre-our partnership, but it gives you an idea, as our work remains similar. None of our really big projects are on there, either, but again, it's a start. So judge away.

Nov 2, 06 9:55 am  · 
 · 
mdler

mdler, anyone???

Nov 2, 06 2:59 pm  · 
 · 
WonderK

mdler. definitely mdler.

Nov 2, 06 3:01 pm  · 
 · 
treekiller

MDLER-

(you only asked twice)

I'll say how much I like uber silverlake hipster mdler. funny, smart, and bratty - just like beck. but sometime he jumps up and down like he has ADHD just trying to get attention... maybe ritalin would help.

and where are posts of your projects???

Nov 2, 06 3:04 pm  · 
 · 
WonderK

he has a pretty sweet elephant banana hammock too.

Nov 2, 06 3:09 pm  · 
 · 
mdler

just like beck, but i'm not a Scientologist

Nov 2, 06 3:10 pm  · 
 · 
Chili Davis

I'd have to say that Chili Davis is my fav. And he's sexy too... oh my gawd!

Nov 2, 06 3:12 pm  · 
 · 
mdler

thanks WonderK...i knew the picture of my 'trunk' would seal the deal

Nov 2, 06 3:14 pm  · 
 · 
kyll

no one mentioned my name....

damnit

libertybell
wonderK
rimj
betadinesutures

and....

couple more..

Nov 2, 06 3:18 pm  · 
 · 
mdler

kyll...pay it forward, biatch

Nov 2, 06 3:41 pm  · 
 · 
mdler
Nov 2, 06 3:43 pm  · 
 · 
liberty bell

Helen Hunt gives me the heeby-jeebys. Ick.

kyll, on the other hand, is brave in a way I respect enormously. He doesn't back down, but isn't at all a jerk about it. He's a man.

Nov 2, 06 3:47 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: