Archinect
anchor

Archinect users glasses....

vado retro

some people think stephanie and i have the same look goin on...

Feb 21, 07 8:36 pm  · 
 · 

now you see everyone looks distinguished in their glasses...sucks to have good eyes sometimes. Granted its 1.30a and I've been in front of the pc since 10 - i'll get there soon enough i'm sure

Feb 22, 07 1:31 am  · 
 · 
WonderK

I am definitely taking someone there with me. I am excited. In answer to mhollenstein, the others are aware of this already but I am a Libra and require a lot of second opinions on things. Unless it is something I know a lot about, ahem.

Also the doctors were all very matter-of-fact when they told me, "well your eyes are going to start to go at about 40 so maybe you could get your LASIK adjustments closer to then." So I have that to look forward to.

Feb 22, 07 1:37 am  · 
 · 
b3tadine[sutures]

vado, do you ever smile? that pout is sooo runway model. if you got $$$ to burn try face a` face glasses....

Feb 22, 07 5:10 am  · 
 · 
the silent observer

Having had to wear glasses all my life, I've suffered through many a bad frame...what were we thinking about those HUGE lenses that covered your face?

Anyways...I have two pair that I love...one, from a belgium company called THEO, and a new pair, from a company called EYE'D. Let's just say that both pair have gotten their fair bit of compliments, from random strangers....

Feb 22, 07 8:15 am  · 
 · 
ArT.

I have to agree with a few people here regarding the IC Berlin line. so sweet. they hold up very nicely, but do have quite a mark up. Oliver peoples has some pretty good plastic frames if you don't like the shiny metal look.

Feb 22, 07 8:23 am  · 
 · 
archiphreak

burberry, black frames. classic, simple, beautiful. i have another pair of stainless steel wire frames, but they don't suite me as well. as has been said time and again, it's what fits your face, your personality, your budget, and your comfort

Feb 22, 07 8:40 am  · 
 · 
binary

back to '82

Feb 22, 07 9:17 am  · 
 · 
surface

back to '86

and '93

Feb 22, 07 11:23 am  · 
 · 
vado retro

tres chic le freak!!!

Feb 22, 07 11:53 am  · 
 · 
WonderK

I've spent my lunch time today staring at pictures of myself trying to decide if I'm more round- or oval-faced. I've decided that I'm actually more round.

I've also been checking out some of the designers mentioned above - THEO seems to have cool glasses but their web site is maddening - and I'm realizing......this is going to take me a while to decide. I mean, it's very much like I approach any composition, except this one is my face.

Susan, I think similar pictures of me existed at some point but they have all since been destroyed or "lost".

Feb 22, 07 12:55 pm  · 
 · 
liberty bell

I just ordered a new pair - I will post a pic in about five days...

And this time I truly went with what archipreak said: the last pair of glasses were hip chunky plastic frames. I like them, and am replacing them (my son headbutted me and broke them - ordered replacement frames but they're back-ordered 4 months so I went ahead and got a new pair too while I wait). But my new pair are just pretty - not hip, not trendy, but very flattering to my face and skin tone. I'm excited to get them.

Feb 22, 07 2:29 pm  · 
 · 
vado retro

i wish something would flatter my skin tone...

Feb 22, 07 2:33 pm  · 
 · 

liberty I would of paid good money to see your young son giving you a Glasgow Kiss (headbutt) - youtube perhaps.

nonetheless...can we think of any starchitects that don't wear glasses?

Feb 22, 07 3:01 pm  · 
 · 

my obsession with safety glasses is leading me towards Titmus as they're the only company that makes decent ANSI Z87.1-2003 frames.

Feb 22, 07 4:53 pm  · 
 · 
WonderK

I bought glasses!

I can't find a picture of them online but they are this company:

http://www.lafont.com

Gorgeous stuff, there. And totally fun, which was part of the criteria, since I don't have to wear them all the time. Actually I had such a good idea of what I wanted that we decided in about 30 minutes. So much for hard decisions....

Feb 24, 07 2:34 pm  · 
 · 
snooker

Great looking glasses....wire lace....nice concept...

I wear glasses everyhour I'm awake, even in the shower, so I guess you would say I'm never totaly naked. Not that you would want to be wanting to look at me naked.

I have had a problem a couple of times in my life where I'm in a strange place and when I go to bed at night I take my glasses off
and put them down and when I wake up I don't recall what the heck I did with them and damn if I'm so blind I can't see to find them. Usually this happens when we are away on holiday and the night before has been one filled with good drink and good food.

The last eye exam I had was last fall by a very entertaining eye doctor where he explained everything he was doing and why he was doing it. I learned I'm right eye dominate which only occurs in 15%
of the male population or was that left eye dominate. One or the other who cares I just know I'm not cut out of the same mold as most other males. I wondered when he said that if it might be something which occurs more often in architects, painters, sculptors, ect.

Feb 24, 07 7:20 pm  · 
 · 

got these in may, except the metal part is black:

Feb 24, 07 8:53 pm  · 
 · 
MADianito
my chillout mood glasses:

*vintage fake ray-ban

my daily bussiness glasses

*moschino

Feb 25, 07 8:18 am  · 
 · 

The new president of the UIA has some funky blue glasses... both the colour and the rims are quite unique.

Jul 10, 10 11:39 pm  · 
 · 
curt clay

wow... blast from the past... I can't believe I started this thread three years ago... and I still never filled my prescription....

I still believe my eye doc is full of shit.. I can see just fine. just fine....

Jul 13, 10 4:14 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: