Archinect
anchor

Funniest movie in a long time...

A Center for Ants?

If you can stand gross bathroom humor for an extended period of time and think it's at all funny go see the Aristocrats.

Hilarious. A couple people walked out of it but I thought it was hilarious. George Carlin is fantastic as are Danny Tanner / Bob Sagat, Sarah Silverman, and Gilbert Gottfried. Great stuff.

I went in thinking that it'd be mediocre but I really liked it. Anyone else see it yet?

Aug 1, 05 12:49 pm
Luis Fraguada

Have you ever seen any Bob Saget stand up? It is filthy! Which makes it funny because here you have the father on Full House, yet some of his acts are all about shocking people with the dirty things he says. He definitely hints at it in Half Baked . . .

Aug 1, 05 1:04 pm  · 
 · 
mwad

I loathed sharing the tv with my sister while growing up because of that show...what was the middle daughter's punchline? Its escaping me.

Aug 1, 05 1:25 pm  · 
 · 
MysteryMan

I'll see anything w/ George Carlin. My wife's been buggin me to go to the movies - boy is she gonna get it now.

Aug 1, 05 4:05 pm  · 
 · 
mad+dash

hmmm.....that's strange. aristocrats got bad reviews. something about not having enough depth to carry a whole movie.

Aug 1, 05 4:59 pm  · 
 · 
A Center for Ants?

nytimes and rolling stone liked it...

Aug 1, 05 6:35 pm  · 
 · 

the ao scott guy in nytimes not only liked it, he came near to calling it the funniest thing of the decade.

Aug 1, 05 7:12 pm  · 
 · 

mwad- "How rude!"

Aug 1, 05 7:14 pm  · 
 · 
mwad

that just brought back a lot of bad memories...

Aug 1, 05 7:19 pm  · 
 · 
mwad

that was wrong

Aug 1, 05 7:34 pm  · 
 · 
architecturegeek

That's what makes it so funny, the jokes all about brinksmenship.

Aug 1, 05 7:35 pm  · 
 · 
A Center for Ants?

mwad-

if you think that, don't go see the movie.

but honestly, seeing it out of context is sorta weird. but so is the movie.

Aug 1, 05 7:36 pm  · 
 · 
mwad

don't get me wrong i love southpark. watch it all the time. i guess ill have to see it in context.

Aug 1, 05 7:38 pm  · 
 · 
brian buchalski

why didn't i laugh at that south park piece?

i used to think they were pretty funny, but i guess at this point that i am so braced for anything they say, that it simply doesn't provide much surprise any more.

Aug 1, 05 8:48 pm  · 
 · 
A Center for Ants?

you have to watch the movie to understand it.

Aug 1, 05 10:23 pm  · 
 · 
joj

I heard it was funny.... But Bob Saget?? they put him in the mix with George Carlin? Apples and Oranges...

Aug 1, 05 10:30 pm  · 
 · 
architecturegeek

Bob Saget's standup has always been incredibly, incredibly filthy.

Aug 1, 05 10:58 pm  · 
 · 
joj

its the whole Full House saga that throws it off ;(
I cant get it out of my mind...

Aug 1, 05 11:04 pm  · 
 · 
architecturegeek

yeah it is a little jarring to see the man who gave the most corny jokes on America's Funniest etc. etc. say things that would make even the most seafaring of sailors blush.

Aug 2, 05 12:24 am  · 
 · 

the aristocrats is historically known for being the dirtiest joke ever told! that is why penn gilette is doing the documentary. to get famous comedians old and new to give their take on the joke. i cant wait to see it. ive seen bob sagat 's stand up. also did not expect the dirty jokes but it was funny shit! the punch line is not really meant to be funny it is just the irony of sucha dirty family calling their act , the aristocrats.

Aug 2, 05 9:01 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: