Archinect
anchor

LA Archinect meet up?

A Center for Ants?

From the sound of it, enough of us are actually living in this city. We should all get together to meet up for a drink or two one of these evenings. Just wanted to see if there's interest...

Jul 29, 05 1:30 pm
Appleseed

What are the chances that everyone shows up in matching 'Architecture Sucks' shirts?

Jul 29, 05 2:25 pm  · 
 · 

that would be funny. To be honest, I'm a bit wary about meeting people that I've met on the net, but I'm going to out on a limb and say that if it's a reasonably populated place at a workable time, sure, why not. It'd be nice to meet new people, who aren't my boyfriend's friends as well.

Jul 29, 05 2:49 pm  · 
 · 
jonchitect

My net name is probably not familiar to any of you since I've only commented like...ten times; but still, I think it would be fun to meet the faces behind the call signs.

Jul 29, 05 3:41 pm  · 
 · 

bump

I know there are more Angelinos out there than just the four of us...

Aug 1, 05 6:26 pm  · 
 · 
A Center for Ants?

they're scared of going to some place in the city they haven't been. like east of the 405.

Aug 1, 05 6:31 pm  · 
 · 

teehee. come on people, the more people who join us, the funner it will be for all!

Aug 1, 05 6:39 pm  · 
 · 
Ms Beary

i am planning a trip to LA in the next year, maybe this fall. I am open to whenever, I just go there to visit friends and I am due. i would meet.

Aug 1, 05 6:41 pm  · 
 · 
Ms Beary

but ONLY if there are like 10-12 people at least.

Aug 1, 05 6:42 pm  · 
 · 
vado retro

i was down til rationlist mentioned a boyfriend. plus i live 2000 miles from there.

Aug 1, 05 6:43 pm  · 
 · 

oh come on vado. If you'd been keeping up with dear abra, you'd know that I'm being encouraged to find my own beautiful minimalist place by the beach and start life anew.

Aug 1, 05 7:02 pm  · 
 · 
sameolddoctor

im up

Aug 1, 05 7:06 pm  · 
 · 
vado retro

sorry i havent been keeping up with the advice columns. if i did i 'd be too tempted to put it all out there.

Aug 1, 05 7:06 pm  · 
 · 

ah. oh well. flattering to know that I'd attract some more participants under different circumstances though!

Aug 1, 05 7:10 pm  · 
 · 
A Center for Ants?

why is everyone so hyper-sexed right now on this board? geez. you ppl need to get some. for your own sakes.

Aug 1, 05 7:38 pm  · 
 · 

I *am* getting some. But I can still be flattered if vado or anybody else finds me attractive, can't I? But as for why, it's all because of johndelvin. First, the posting of pictures began, then threads about three-ways start popping up. I did find it interesting to see what people were like in real life, but I admit that when I saw the rest of those threads starting, the thought crossed my mind that possibly, posting my pic may not have been the brightest idea ever.

Aug 1, 05 7:42 pm  · 
 · 
dia

Rationalist,

Although I agree with you on the applicability of some recent threads, I think it has encouraged some people here to become less anonymous on this site,

For example, after posting my pic, I decided to update my profile and outline a little more about myself and where I am coming from - so that I have more accountability, and people can learn a little more about me if they desire. You'll notice it is the regular posters behind or involved in alot of this discussion, which is all good.

I think the recent sexuality of the site has a combination of factors, namely John [bless him], La Torpille Rose's dangerous encounter, and the pic thread.

Maybe it also has something to do with the Summer in the Northern Hemisphere. Down here, its winter, and a roaring fire and red wine invoke similar distractions...

Aug 1, 05 8:01 pm  · 
 · 

absolutely. It's just that if I'm honest, the more explicit threads recently made me do a bit of a double take at the pics thread, which I think is at least *mostly* innocent.

Aug 1, 05 8:11 pm  · 
 · 
dia

I concur. At least everyone complied with the no nudity clause, except Eric Estrada. It's nice to put a face to a name - being at the end of the earth sometimes makes you feel like no-one is real on the net. Not any more.

Aug 1, 05 8:16 pm  · 
 · 
vado retro

archinect! get a room!!

Aug 1, 05 9:03 pm  · 
 · 
mdler

i'll be there (here)

Aug 1, 05 9:07 pm  · 
 · 
A Center for Ants?

stop hijacking my thread (partially my fault)!!!!

but yes. archinect meet up. how about beechwood in venice? it's got that nice firepit and tasty food and drinks.

Aug 1, 05 10:12 pm  · 
 · 
vado retro

makin me jealous ants

Aug 1, 05 10:21 pm  · 
 · 
A Center for Ants?
and the design ain't bad either

vado- we'll save a seat and a drink waiting for you. be there.

Aug 2, 05 3:58 am  · 
 · 
French

looks like a fancy place... have fun guys.

Aug 2, 05 4:39 am  · 
 · 
spiderdad

i tried this while i was living in chicago... for a darts night at the my local-- (on the old archinect site)....

a few were interested but i didnt get a real single taker on the night...

sniifsniffs.... why wont nobody be my friend...
:-(

Aug 2, 05 5:51 am  · 
 · 
johndevlin

diabase: [bless you]

Aug 2, 05 6:03 am  · 
 · 
vado retro

yes and order me a crab salad and the monkfish. and a house savignon blanc. i'll pay you back.

Aug 2, 05 7:38 am  · 
 · 

Center- is that down by C&O's, or is it further in?

Aug 2, 05 11:40 am  · 
 · 
el jeffe

rationalist - its at abbott kinney & washington.
i love their CMU screen wall.
i'd go if i still lived there (sniff)

Aug 2, 05 11:52 am  · 
 · 
A Center for Ants?

el jeffe is spot on (and a purely gestural invitation is extended)

it's on the south side of washington. right where abbot kinney would be if it kept going instead of dead ending.

so the guest list....
rationalist
sameolddoctor
jd535
mdler ?( wasn't sure if your post was referring to the actual event)
myself

vado and el jeffe in spirit...

and you can even bring coworkers and friends that way we can all introduce each other with real names and no one will mention screen names. people outside of the group will get together and anonymity will be preserved. none will be the wiser. it'd be a fun game. you'd be trying to figure out who people were (granted pics were posted, but it's dark and with enough alcohol...)

Aug 2, 05 12:54 pm  · 
 · 

hmmm.... if I bring someone, y'all will have to forget I ever posted on 'dear abra'. Agreed?

Aug 2, 05 1:03 pm  · 
 · 
el jeffe

seems rational enough....

Aug 2, 05 1:25 pm  · 
 · 
trenzee

Im totally in!! Anyone up for some Bowling at Lucky Strike Lanes??

Aug 2, 05 2:05 pm  · 
 · 
jonchitect

When are we talking about doing this? Is everyone down for the Beachwood? And where is Lucky Strike Lanes?

Aug 2, 05 4:05 pm  · 
 · 

isn't that the place that used to be an irish pub?

Aug 2, 05 4:09 pm  · 
 · 
el jeffe

and before that it was a 'comedy club' that kept burning down - or so it seemed...

Aug 2, 05 4:23 pm  · 
 · 
abracadabra

another contender in the area. please post pics of the event.

Aug 2, 05 4:42 pm  · 
 · 
trenzee

Lucky strike lanes is at Hollywood & Highland!

Aug 2, 05 4:53 pm  · 
 · 
A Center for Ants?

to protect my ego and to hide my non-existant bowling skills, i'm gonna say H&H is way too touristy.

Aug 2, 05 5:04 pm  · 
 · 

actually I'll agree with that- I much prefer the original Hollywood. There's a great bar/restaraunt over there called Paladar. But I'm up for Beachwood as well- closer to my place.

Aug 2, 05 8:00 pm  · 
 · 
ovalle

the brig is a really cool place.. i miss the awesome bartenders there

Aug 2, 05 8:33 pm  · 
 · 
vado retro

wish i could roll with you dudes.

Aug 2, 05 10:34 pm  · 
 · 
jonchitect

The brig is definitley a cool place, has anyone been to Falcons on Sunset and like...Poinsettia-ish; same architects,cool bar, great food.

Aug 2, 05 10:56 pm  · 
 · 
cam2020

We should just throw a party at Clear Bar on Ventura

Aug 2, 05 11:23 pm  · 
 · 
trenzee

The Bridge? Is that the one at the Howard Hughes Center?

Aug 3, 05 11:40 am  · 
 · 
A Center for Ants?

was just down the street last night from the brig at yabi sabi.

Aug 3, 05 11:42 am  · 
 · 
ovalle

JDL535 , yes they are great architects, www.jfak.net

Aug 3, 05 11:43 am  · 
 · 
el jeffe

yummmm....capri.....

Aug 3, 05 11:44 am  · 
 · 

ok, so when? Tuesday nights are great for me, but other nights are ok as well.

Aug 3, 05 12:00 pm  · 
 · 
A Center for Ants?

i can do tuesday. any consensus on where we're going?

Aug 3, 05 12:31 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: