Archinect
anchor

Big up your home urban conurbation

BOTS

Living in Gin- comfort foods got me thinking.

We sleekit timorous beastie,
To eat ye is a treatstie.

Wi your Golden Broon Coat,
You're like a tiny Welsh boat.

Tis a wondrous joy to unlid ye,
Your rich broon fillin to then see.

To be dipped to be knibb-led,
To be slurped and to be sipp-led.

Forever a beacon of delicious crusty hope,
To be revered and eaten by both genius and dope.

Ye are a Prince amongst pies,
Your legend fadeth not nor ever dies.

only available in Cardiff

Aug 17, 05 2:06 pm  · 
 · 
Carl Douglas (agfa8x)

please don't tell me that's eel in there.

Aug 17, 05 4:33 pm  · 
 · 
anotherquestion

for NYC
i recommend you visit, but in april, may, september or october. all other times of year weather is downright inhospitable.

not to miss: contemporary art, museums, ladies dressed to the hilt, tragic hipsters, ethnic food, 5 star food, food on-the-run, the theater of restaurants and bars, diversity of neighborhoods, diversity of races, brooklyn, public transportation, shopping (bargain, high-end, thrift), taxi cabs, bar hopping. urban density. wall street. central park the first warm sunny weekend in spring (it's like someone broadcast a mating call).

but i implore you: do not eat the hotdogs from the stands.

famous for being the city that never sleeps, and i will never recover from 24/7 access to whatever, whenever, or now... all else will forever be quaint.

who lives there: probably everyone for a little while, in their imagination.

what it has given the world: assurance that their standard & cost of living aint so bad after all...

(my first love: tie between NYC and contemporary art)

Aug 17, 05 10:30 pm  · 
 · 
johndevlin

dare I ask what is wrong with the hot dogs from the stands?

Aug 18, 05 1:03 am  · 
 · 
JordantHarris

I'm from Northern Kentucky/Cincinnati as well. I think the only thing WonderK didn't cover was the chili. Cincinnati is probably the only city where you can ask a woman if she'd like a three-way and not get slapped.

I also lived in columbus for a few years. I really liked it there, but since I'm not really a native, I'll leave that one for someone else.

Aug 18, 05 10:02 am  · 
 · 
RankStranger
Elmhurst, IL

Tree Town U.S.A.
"The right place for you" according to them.
15 Miles due west of the Chicago Loop.

Home of the largest Lapidary Art Museum in the country.
Anyone who knows what is shown there wins a rock.

Home of the Keebler Elves corporate headquarters.

Home of Elmurst College.

Home of one of 3 Ludwig Mies van der Rohe houses ever built in the United States. From what I've heard, Mies didn't like what was happening during construction and washed his hands of it. Which is why no one has ever heard of it. A couple of years ago, it suffered the ultimate shame of being picked up, moved a couple blocks and is now a wing in the Elmhurst Art Museum. I suppose it's better than getting torn down in favor of putting a McMansion on the site, which are running rampant is this town.

Home of a little known, but quite nice, Frank Lloyd Wright house.

Aug 18, 05 11:40 am  · 
 · 
JordantHarris

Oh, and I forgot to mention one other thing.

Cincinnati has 8 miles of (unfinished) subway. Pretty cool if you can find your way down there.

Aug 19, 05 12:43 am  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: