Archinect
anchor

Printing Presentation Boards

mad+dash

I need to print some boards(20x30, possibly larger) and live in the Monterey, California area. I'd be willing to drive north to San Jose, or even San Francisco...Can you make any print shop suggestions?

or is there an online resource to look this information up?

Thank you.

Jun 22, 05 12:46 pm
mad+dash

Okay...then how about just San Francisco then?

Jun 22, 05 7:12 pm  · 
 · 
trace™

Yellow pages, smart pages, etc., should give you enough options to at least call around to. Just ask what they normally do (high end graphic place oulw be best). Even Kinko's can do it.

Jun 22, 05 7:48 pm  · 
 · 
mad+dash

I've come across a lot in the phone book, but was wondering of any places that have a good rep to begin with. I don't have time to check each one out, and just judging them based on how "large" their ad is doesn't help either...
I guess the cover my eyes and point technique will have to do.

Jun 22, 05 8:02 pm  · 
 · 
e

if you don't get any recs, i would go with a larger shop, vs. a smaller one, that has the capabilities to print what you want. i assume you are printing via inkjet. if so, a printer who has a 7+ color ink jet vs. a 4 color ink jet will yeild a better print. i would also ask them about paper options ie. matte, satin, or gloss, so that you can get the type of finish that you want. also ask to see a few print samples so that you can make sure you will get the quailty you want prior to throwing down your cash.

Jun 22, 05 8:12 pm  · 
 · 
A Center for Ants?

if you have the money (and lots of it) look for someone that does durst prints. i don't know if this is professional or academic. but... they look awesome.

just make sure to ask if the printshop has done things similar to what you're looking to do or if they work with a lot of arch. firms.

Jun 22, 05 8:27 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: