Archinect
anchor

AUGUST VACATION

crush

My girlfriend and I would like to take some time and go on vacation sometime in August. We would probably take a week towards the end of the month and go somewhere relaxing. I'm thinking a sunny beach sounds pretty nice right now looking at the gloomy detroit sky.
She wants to go to mexico or somewhere in the caribbean. Sounds too hot to me though. Anybody been down there during August?
We also talked about driving somewhere- possibly east coast beach town somewhere.

any ideas?

Jun 17, 05 2:39 pm
A Center for Ants?

west coast of costa rica. you have beach and rain forest options

Jun 17, 05 3:03 pm  · 
 · 
slide009
Belize

... best diving in the world.
In the caribbean, rates are lower from around may-december. Weather is pretty consistent throughout the year w/lows in the 60's and highs in the 70's-80's.

· 
A Center for Ants?

east coast- the new england area could be really cool. cape cod or even somewhere on long island. warm air, cool water.

· 
archoholic

Rent a boat and go to Duffy' Motor Inn, right across from old Boblo Island. Best Perch and beer in Canada eh.

Jun 17, 05 5:04 pm  · 
 · 
Tectonic
http://www.oneandonlyresorts.com

.........have a good time!

Jun 17, 05 5:18 pm  · 
 · 
Jr.

Costa Rica. You can do wet and dry tropical rain forest on the west coast (Guanacaste = dry), beaches, too (most popular = Corcovado and Manuel Antonio, but there are quieter places. For the Caribbean atmosphere, head to the east coast (Tortuguero, for instance). Much to do in between (Sarapiqui, Arenal, Monteverde, Cano Negro, the Central Valley). It can be a bit rainy at that time of year, but it's still warm.

Jun 17, 05 5:56 pm  · 
 · 
poisondarts

have to agree with costa rica.

check out playa samara, too (on the guanacasta penn)

Jun 17, 05 7:58 pm  · 
 · 
heineken vacation
Jan 16, 08 11:52 am  · 
 · 
brian buchalski

not quite august, but september on cape cod is a real gem. weather is perfect and all the kids (and their families) have left for school.

and i agree that caribbean or even mexico in august is dicey with potential hurricanes (although i wouldn't describe it as "too hot" as you fear)...might get some good deals though since it's offseason.

Jan 16, 08 12:52 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: