Archinect
anchor

Continental Archinect ?

P.B.

Does anyone know if there is a more UK/Continent orientated site similar to Archinect? I enjoy Archinect a lot but feel annoyed when reading about intersting exhibitions or other stuff going on in the States and I can't check them out... Moving to the states is something I might consider but having just moved to London I will stay here for a few more years.

Jun 16, 05 8:19 am
spiderdad

ive not found a single events lisiting for the uk, or europe for that matter. although archinect seems to cover a fair bit of that.

i saw one or two sometime ago-- student orientated ones, but nothing that came close to updates, busy discussion boards, etc...
it fact, there were awful. i actually cant think of any other site that comes close when it comes to popularity and "busyness".

stick around... here there are quite a few brits hanging around like a bad smell...

Jun 16, 05 8:27 am  · 
 · 
P.B.

Indeed Spiderdad, I also found a few continental sites but the forums are quite dead...
I tried kickstarting the forum on DANDA but after a while you end up discussing things with the same two people... a bit sad.

Jun 16, 05 8:33 am  · 
 · 
antipod

Maybe those of us actually in London need to just make ourselves heard? Just beacuse this site is based in California doesn't mean we can't hijack it.

I've found all sorts of Architecture specific stuff in the Time Out actually.

Been to the H+DeM exhibit at the TATE yet?

Jun 16, 05 8:34 am  · 
 · 
P.B.

Anitpod, yes I checked the H+DeM exhibit out...nice to see some sketch models...not enough background info on the Why and How? but I guess thats how they work. Anyone in here that works or used to work for them?

Jun 16, 05 8:37 am  · 
 · 
spiderdad

yep, was at the tate just the other day...

about more goings on in london... RSA is having a alsop lecture later this month and rem on july 4th... free, but needs booking

Jun 16, 05 9:43 am  · 
 · 
spiderdad
http://www.rsa.org.uk/
Jun 16, 05 9:43 am  · 
 · 
P.B.

free lecture indeed but you need to join the RSA and pay a annual membership... Spiderdad are you a member, is it any good?

Jun 16, 05 9:54 am  · 
 · 
spiderdad

PB,
you dont have be member of the RSA to attend the lecture... you just need to register with the site (its free).

Jun 17, 05 5:11 am  · 
 · 
rupa

Bartlett has aweekly/monthly email-list of events - anyone can sign up - and even though it is prejudiced favourably towards their happenings it does manage to list most of uk things.

Jun 17, 05 11:59 am  · 
 · 
Mollie Baird

PB, I think I am the inverse of you being from London, but working in Netherlands. I'm sure you know archined. It seems very intersting and active, yet mysterious due to my limited dutch.
I would like to know more about what's going on in France and Spain. but maybe language prevents us from being European. Or maybe they just don't teach languages in England. So all we can do is wonder about american disscusions despite being outnumbered...

Jun 18, 05 5:45 am  · 
 · 

Honestly, Archinect is what all you make of it. We are dying to include more from other countries. Please submit news from wherever you are. Email us if you have any feature suggestions.

Jun 18, 05 12:56 pm  · 
 · 
Cameron

"hire more writers"

Archinect writers work for half drunk PBR and to win the high stakes game of 'total entry count'

not architecture but I always read http://www.we-make-money-not-art.com/

Jun 18, 05 1:15 pm  · 
 · 
TED

i prefer the Most Comments as i am ranked 5th v. 15th...... [i guess i have to work on that - but then again - dont like pbr's - dont have a tv nor ipod --perhaps that my problem although i am certain members may like to offer up their own opinions on what my problems are...]

Jun 18, 05 1:24 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: