kolohe

Anybody's office have a soccer team?

Jun 8, 05 1:01 am
BOTS

yes

Jun 8, 05 5:39 am  · 
 · 
kolohe

so, what part of the world are you from?...

Jun 8, 05 6:52 am  · 
 · 
melivt

mine had a small one when i worked in germany.

h+dm have a competitive team if i remember correctly.

Jun 8, 05 1:41 pm  · 
 · 
aikitecht9

we dont have a soccer team at my office. but i think all offices should have a sccer team. or air hockey.

Jun 8, 05 4:05 pm  · 
 · 
aikitecht9

we dont have a soccer team at my office. but i think all offices should have a sccer team. or air hockey.

Jun 8, 05 4:06 pm  · 
 · 
paris

north american soccer is a disgrace!

Jun 9, 05 2:45 am  · 
 · 
BOTS

never mind soccer, your rugby is a disgrace.

play a game with no padding or helmets and what have you got? 15 pansies for opposition.

USA 3 Wales 77

Jun 9, 05 8:47 am  · 
 · 
aikitecht9

does anybody know if Portugal is going to the World Cup???

Jun 9, 05 12:22 pm  · 
 · 
glick

ouch.

Jun 9, 05 12:45 pm  · 
 · 
rayray

first they have to qualify - check this
http://fifaworldcup.yahoo.com/06/en/t/group/index.html?zone=eur
but it's looking good for them

Jun 9, 05 1:28 pm  · 
 · 
BOTS

I don't rate Portugal's chances for the World Cup as they are not entering the competition enen though they are rated 16th in the rankings! although I did find their web site.

latest news portugal 'soccer'

Jun 9, 05 1:29 pm  · 
 · 
aikitecht9

well theres no chance for portugal to win the world cup for sure, but they do play a good game. Such troopers last summer at the euro cup too! Greece totally did not deserve it and i am sure that everyone will agree with that...

Jun 9, 05 1:35 pm  · 
 · 
BOTS

Portugal are quality underachievers like Holland. No World Cups.

stats since 1930

BRAZIL : 5

ITALY : 3

GERMANY : 3

URUGUAY : 2

ARGENTINE : 2

ENGLAND : 1

FRANCE : 1

Jun 9, 05 1:41 pm  · 
 · 
melivt

yeah, i can't stand that portugal had to cheat to beat england in the euro cup. but my germans fared worse than expected. that schweinsteiger-he's so hot right now.

and the screaming eagles have never been good at rugby. is it due to the fact that most people built like martin johnson would rather have the option of pulling down oh i dunno, 5 million/year roughing it up in the nfl while not having to run as much? plus, let's face it, you have to be damn psychotic to be good at rugby.

Jun 9, 05 3:20 pm  · 
 · 
aikitecht9

Did portugal cheat in the england game?? I thought Beckham just screwed up with that one pk.

Jun 9, 05 3:32 pm  · 
 · 
melivt

yeah.

when rooney beat the last defender on a counter, the only way the defender could stop rooney's amazing skills was to kick his foot. rooney's boot came off, and rooney went down. it was from behind. most certainly should have been a free kick if not a yellow. and rooney was injured, went out. if my memory serves me correctly. yeah, becks can't do PK's in int'l matches for sure, but if rooney had stayed in, even twinkletoes ronaldo couldn't have saved the day. portugal just plays dirty. does anyone remember henrik larsson's wicked header v. bulgaria?

Jun 9, 05 4:45 pm  · 
 · 
aikitecht9

oh yeah i remember that. was it Deco who did that? Deco got first place in most foul play. he's sucha bull.

Jun 9, 05 4:50 pm  · 
 · 
melivt

no, it was andrade. but now that you mention it, i remember how dirty deco played. good times.

Jun 9, 05 5:10 pm  · 
 · 
Pacific

portugal's first in their division. why wouldn't they qualify?

Aug 20, 05 9:17 pm  · 
 · 
MysteryMan

go International!
(Porto Alegre, Brasil)

Aug 20, 05 11:17 pm  · 
 · 
aemkei

WC predictions:

Portugal will qualify but then be eliminated after the group stage with a mere 2 points, while France will have to play the "best of the runner-ups" play-off to qualify, but will make it through to the final where Argentina will kick their ass.
My native Sweden will qualify but not make it past the group stage, but a 1-1 draw with England will also illiminate THEM from further participation.

As for the question on whether my office has a soccer team the answer is "no, I don't even have an office", but the last place I worked did, but they weren't very serious about it, so I didn't play with them for very long.

Aug 21, 05 12:04 pm  · 
 · 
JA|||ES

Im an architect here in NYC. Our office played in a few leagues with our engineers. For the record PORTUGALIA RULES!!!!!! Im a pork chop myself. They will definatly make and hopefully win the world cup. Sorry England fans but Portugal won fair and square, no need to cry about it. They also got screwed by the crappy greeks in the end. Unlucky....

Aug 22, 05 5:06 pm  · 
 · 
Pacific

I think that Portugal deserve to win this tim

Aug 22, 05 5:16 pm  · 
 · 
aikitecht9

wow so there are portugal fans in NYC! WHERE THE HELL WERE YOU GUYS LAST SUMMER?!?! every sports bar i went to we were always overruled. i went to a british pub without knowing for the england game, alone. that was scary, ha...

Aug 22, 05 8:35 pm  · 
 · 
MysteryMan

None of this is gonna matter in a couple of weeks: COLLEGE FOOTBALL returns! YEEE-HAWWWWW

Aug 22, 05 8:39 pm  · 
 · 
upside

who cares about any of it, the eagles are going to win the premiership.

Aug 22, 05 9:44 pm  · 
 · 
ease

Does anybody know where the soccer world ranking can be found?

Aug 23, 05 8:59 am  · 
 · 
simples

ease;

http://www.fifa.com/en/mens/statistics/index/0,2548,All-Aug-2005,00.html

that's the official FIFA world ranking; although i find it highly suspicious (germany in 11th, and italy in 13th?) Mexico and USA in 5th and 6th place, while England is 7th!?

Aug 23, 05 2:32 pm  · 
 · 
aeaa

Portugal?
Really?

I think Argentina will show very well come next WC. Or, fall flat on their face once again.....

and those FIFA rankings are suspect. the US has improved but not top ten yet.......

Aug 23, 05 4:46 pm  · 
 · 
Pacific

yeah, u.s. and mexico 5th and 6th seems highly suspicious.

Aug 23, 05 4:50 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: