Archinect
anchor

best way to look for job if already employed?

robotgirl

Yes, I am very thankful that I have spent my last eight years employed at an architecture firm.  It is small (12 people) and I have had the opportunity to work on a variety of projects (commercial, healthcare, industrial, just a wee bit of residential).

BUT: the owners are wanting to retire soon and I don't know if it is a good idea to stick around for much longer, since they are talking about selling the business (however that will work....???).  I would like to start looking at new employment options, but I would like to do so in a respectful manner.  For instance, should I post my resume on this site?  Do others post on this site that are employed yet actively looking for a change?

I've been looking at Craigslist and the list always looks kind of lousy, I am thinking that there might be a better spot where companies post openings.... ?  Here?  Some other site?  Or is my best bet to just research the companies I want to work for and then peek at their website to see if they are hiring?

Thanks muchly.

Sep 4, 11 4:06 am
Archinect

robotgirl - you can post your profile on Archinect and set it to private, so it's not listed in the People section, nor is it accessible from searches. it would only be accessible to registered employers that are seeking people to hire.

Sep 4, 11 10:25 am  · 
 · 
tbone

I have always found my jobs while at another job.  It's like they say, the best time to find a job is when you already have one.  Do your research and resume sending after work and on the weekends.  It's fine, everyone does it.

Sep 4, 11 3:54 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: