Archinect
anchor

Mayne's plea for SCI-Arc on LATIMES

BE
http://www.latimes.com/news/opinion/commentary/la-oe-mayne9may09,0,1292716.story

How did it come to this? What will happen to all the renovation dollars and angst that were expended when the school moved?

People in the know, please kindly say something.

May 9, 05 12:04 pm
heterarch

very interesting. good for thom, speaking up and using a public forum and very common, simple language to describe the situation.

man oh man do i hate them fancy lads (developers)...

May 9, 05 12:18 pm  · 
 · 
TED

wheres the main man on all this, eom?

May 9, 05 12:52 pm  · 
 · 
Archi-F

are you kidding? After EOM's latest responce in LA Weekly - I'm not sure how much his word is going to hold - trying to save SCIARC.

May 9, 05 12:59 pm  · 
 · 
TED

is it on line? maybe thats why maynes calmness...

May 9, 05 1:10 pm  · 
 · 
Appleseed

There goes the neighborhood-

May 9, 05 3:30 pm  · 
 · 
Jeremy

Its a political deal, and Mayne is using his LA clout to help out how he can. I am sure it makes a difference for someone not currently inside Sci-Arc to make a plea for its importance. I hope it helps.. I am going to have to live next door to whatever is built there - unless it drives my rent too high to stay here.

May 9, 05 11:43 pm  · 
 · 
BE

So is it true that SCI-Arc will have to move if the developer wins? Or is Mayne calling bluff on this one? I don't know how it came to this because this was not the scenario that was promised when efforts were pooled in those MDR days. The price that was paid to see the school standing where it is now was at least worth it if it continues to stay there!

May 10, 05 12:14 am  · 
 · 
b3tadine[sutures]

i guess this uncertainty at SCI-Arc helps those on the fence between SCI-Arc and other schools....sad.

Mayne = Messiah? Or is he just and opportunist looking to embarrass Moss?

May 10, 05 6:56 am  · 
 · 
heterarch

i don't think that mayne's a messiah, but anyone who's got the balls to wear shorts and a crappy tshirt to their firm and smoke a j in a restraunt (heresay through friends, but trusted), is a cool fella in my book. if you can be serious about your work, but not too serious about yourself, that's a nice balance.

May 10, 05 10:05 am  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: