Archinect
anchor

Sound Off!

bilditbetter

Just wondering what everyone else would do if they ran the industry.  Full disclosure, I'm researching a project I'm working on but I think it could still be a cool thread, though. Here are some questions to get things started:

1. What parts of your job can keep you up an night?

2. If you could focus most of your effort on doing one aspect of your job, which aspect would it be?

3. If you developed a magazine or newspaper specifically for your job, what information would it include?

4. What industry topics do you find most interesting? (CG, Eco/LEED, Design/inspiration)

5. What else would you do if you ran the industry?

Thanks,

Andy

Aug 29, 11 11:02 am
Rusty!

Not getting paid.

2. If you could focus most of your effort on doing one aspect of your job, which aspect would it be?

Getting paid.

3. If you developed a magazine or newspaper specifically for your job, what information would it include?

How to get paid for what you do.

4. What industry topics do you find most interesting? (CG, Eco/LEED, Design/inspiration)

Haulin' ass. Gettin' paid.

Try to get paid more.

Aug 29, 11 11:37 am  · 
 · 
shellarchitect

which industry are we talking about here?

Aug 29, 11 7:31 pm  · 
 · 
Atom

Accuracy, diplomacy, & dipshit firm leadership.

Probably the fun stuff and not so much of what really needs to be done.

Articles on unemployment benefits

Cool forms are the most interesting. Most useful would be the boring stuff.

Fix the liability & insurance so we can have a profit margin like most business. Make lawsuits very difficult so that the ones with merit are covered and the threats to sue backfire. 

Aug 29, 11 10:53 pm  · 
 · 
Wilma Buttfit

No longer in the industry, but if I was:

misaligned expectations, letters from lawyers, errors, missed opportunities

Brainstorming, developing ideas and drawing connections.

trends, fashion and history, where things come from

Pro Practice, or lack thereof.

Make architects master builders and promote professionalism and unity (no fee cutting for instance).

Aug 30, 11 9:58 am  · 
 · 
bilditbetter

Hi All,

Thanks so much for your responses, they will be extremely helpful for me.  To return the favor, I'll see what I can do about the insurance issues, profit margins and fee cutting :)

Also, @shuellmi, I was talking about the architecture industry. Sorry, I should have been more clear.  Thanks for asking!

Thanks again everyone -

Andy

Aug 30, 11 1:48 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: