Archinect
anchor

Medical Lab Buildings

dia

Hi,

Anyone got some good recent examples of medical lab's with images? Trying to get a feel of whats currently around.

Cheers,

d

Apr 27, 05 8:27 pm
db

the local Cannon office has a nice project for St. Louis Univ:
http://researchbuilding.slu.edu/

they've also done some nice recent things for KU and UIC.

Apr 28, 05 8:07 am  · 
 · 
dolemite
www.nbbj.com
Apr 28, 05 8:36 am  · 
 · 
antipod

Not sur eif this is what you are after, but, rent the movie 'The Cell'. The neurological institute most of it is set in is actually a neurological institute. I think it's in Calirornia but i could be wrong. I had a search but couldn't find it anywhere.

I do remember seeing it in one of those '20th Century Architecture' sampler type books.

It's all cool and concrete and angular. Looks like the Orange County school only in concrete.

Oh...the movie is kinda cool except of Jennifer Lopez.

Apr 28, 05 8:53 am  · 
 · 
whistler

New building in Vancouver BC. for Cancer Society by Henriquez + Partners has had a few good reviews.

Apr 28, 05 11:54 am  · 
 · 
Artful Dodger

i think the exterior shots from "the cell" were of diamond ranch hs.

i know somewhere in the interior shots a verison of the barcelona pavillion shows up.

Apr 28, 05 1:18 pm  · 
 · 
heterarch

dodger: diamond ranch was definitely used for most of exterior shots in the movie. i'm not sure if there were any real med labs used for the movie or not. doesn't seem like it.

see here

Apr 29, 05 9:21 am  · 
 · 
larslarson

payette.com ...
they do alot of lab facilities...they're corporate...but some
of their projects are rather nice considering the facilities
they contain..

Apr 29, 05 11:53 am  · 
 · 
dia

Thanks all...

Apr 29, 05 6:20 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: