Archinect
anchor

oh the horror

John Cline

*bump

With Dubk's rental thread, I though it might be a good opportunity to add to the horror list as well.

Jan 7, 08 10:18 am  · 
 · 
won and done williams

this thread is a pretty good reference. my fav is fulci. his best are the beyond and the gates of hell. don't torture a duckling was also very good. dario argento of course is also a master. suspiria and deep red are his best, but if you haven't seen the bird with the crystal plummage it is also excellent as is opera. oh and what was the one with the yound jennifer connelly? phenomena - good, but not great. i saw his most recent, the card player, and enjoyed it. i wasn't expecting much, and it surprised me. i love horror. will try to think of more at lunch.

Jan 7, 08 10:36 am  · 
 · 
simples

as cliche as it might sound, the original texas chainsaw massacre (1974) is an evil film...too bad every sequel has been trash

Jan 7, 08 11:26 am  · 
 · 
PerCorell

Hi all you fancy graphics lovers !

Jan 7, 08 12:02 pm  · 
 · 
b3tadine[sutures]

Eraserhead

Jan 7, 08 12:05 pm  · 
 · 
won and done williams

fulci's zombi 2 may also be one of the all-time best zombie films with its famous scene of a zombie fighting a shark underwater.

Jan 7, 08 12:27 pm  · 
 · 
brian buchalski

thanks for the recommendation per!

Jan 7, 08 12:29 pm  · 
 · 
mvsuriano

Whilst I am no film critic, nor arty connoisseur (although wish I was) I know some of you will laugh when I say "I am Legend" was as thrilling a movie theater experience as I have ever had. 28 days later was better, but this was still really cool to me. CGI was cheezy, but overall it was really fun.

Jan 7, 08 12:30 pm  · 
 · 
strlt_typ

i bought 'eyes without a face' after seeing it here and that movie is sinister...the music was great also...

Jan 7, 08 12:31 pm  · 
 · 
won and done williams

hey dammson, have you ever listened to goblin? they did the soundtrack to argento's best films - creepy 70s prog rock. it's very cool stuff. fabio frizzi also did some great soundtracks.

Jan 7, 08 1:00 pm  · 
 · 
strlt_typ

no, haven't listened to or even heard of goblin...lots of wah wah pedal and meandering basslines?

Jan 17, 08 2:23 pm  · 
 · 
strlt_typ

damn, goblin's vinyls are selling for 50-60 euros...

Jan 17, 08 2:27 pm  · 
 · 
strlt_typ
Profondo Rosso -Goblin
Tracklisting:
A1 Profondo Rosso (3:45)
A2 Death Dies (4:37)
A3 Mad Puppet (6:30)
B1 Wild Session (5:40)
B2 Deep Shadows (5:45)
B3 School At Night (2:05)
B4 Gianna (1:47)
Jan 17, 08 2:29 pm  · 
 · 
won and done williams

no, it's actually really driving beats and synthesizers. it's kinda like an evil alan parsons' project.

Jan 17, 08 2:41 pm  · 
 · 
won and done williams

there is a two cd set of all the soundtracks he did for dario argento. i think it's called the best of goblin.

Jan 17, 08 2:42 pm  · 
 · 
Liebchen

Saw The Orphanage (El Orfanto) this weekend...It rocked my socks. There were several deep gasp moments in which my heart stopped completely.

Jan 17, 08 3:02 pm  · 
 · 
ether

bump.

wife and baby are gone for the night which means i'm gonna scare it up. and the video store is right next door.

Jul 16, 08 2:51 pm  · 
 · 
ff33º
zombie stripppers
Jul 16, 08 9:22 pm  · 
 · 
a-f

El Orfanato is good, but speaking of Catalan horror - "REC" really freaked me out. It's a pretty standard zombie movie but just so disturbing in its way of filming (handheld camera à la Blair Witch Project + a Chris Cunningham style ending). Also, the trailer showing only night-vision reactions of the audience is pretty brilliant.

... and for good horror soundtracks try to get your hands on the Ennio Morricone collection "Crime and Dissonance"

Jul 17, 08 2:26 am  · 
 · 
ether

checked out El Orfanto. i recommend it. as Liebchen mentioned above, it has some wicked scenes.

Jul 17, 08 9:15 am  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: