Archinect
anchor

Illinois to take NCAA Championship

TED

Even though i went to the other 'u of i' school, tauting the 'Flamers' as a BBall team, clearly these guys have an upper hand at taking it all.

coaching and players are great!

Apr 2, 05 9:22 am
Mason White

TED - i would not underestimate the tar heels.

McCants>>>

Apr 2, 05 9:30 am  · 
 · 
Janosh

Nor the gritty Spartans of Michigan State.

Apr 2, 05 10:43 am  · 
 · 

i know that a lot of people wearing red today would fight ya 'bout this.

Apr 2, 05 11:25 am  · 
 · 
vado retro

go hoosiers!!! oh sorry wrong decade

Apr 2, 05 12:47 pm  · 
 · 
evilplatypus

I know one thing, I will NOT be in the office at 5:00 pm CST. Go flames. I mean Illini.

Apr 2, 05 1:48 pm  · 
 · 
vado retro

go flamers!!!

Apr 2, 05 2:01 pm  · 
 · 
larslarson

count me in as liking the heels chances...although mason i think
may is the player that makes carolina what it is...that and felton
being on the floor...although i think all four teams are good...
all of them have been down big at one point in the tourney and
they've all pulled it out...

Apr 2, 05 3:26 pm  · 
 · 
stephanie

my picks were illinois and michigan

Apr 2, 05 3:28 pm  · 
 · 
Apr 2, 05 3:42 pm  · 
 · 
TED

Well ILL and NC will be a great final!!

sorry Louv + MS - out of luck this year!! [hee hee....]

Apr 2, 05 3:45 pm  · 
 · 
fakeid

looking toward to a big ten championship game.. orange crush!

Apr 2, 05 8:33 pm  · 
 · 
fakeid

looking forward

Apr 2, 05 8:33 pm  · 
 · 
TED

well its ILL and.....and......and.....

Apr 2, 05 10:31 pm  · 
 · 
TED

".......Roger Powell gets 18 of his 20 points in the second half "

...he was amazing

nc up by 14...7 min to go.....

Apr 2, 05 10:38 pm  · 
 · 
greengoblin

Down with tar heels!! (Duke fan here)

Apr 2, 05 10:42 pm  · 
 · 
TED

well its almost final....sorry green....tar_heals are in....what the hell is a tar heal anyway??

Apr 2, 05 10:56 pm  · 
 · 
darkred

...INI!!!

Apr 2, 05 11:33 pm  · 
 · 
Mason White
sweet!

Apr 3, 05 12:04 am  · 
 · 
vado retro

freakin 42 is from bloominton is scott mays kid and goes to unc. traitor!

Apr 3, 05 9:02 am  · 
 · 
TED

nc is going down.....

Apr 3, 05 11:19 am  · 
 · 
fakeid

sean may's not the man, you take felton away heels probably wouldn't come this far.. may didn't attend indiana cos he felt he's not good enough for the program.. tar heels are heels that are tarred..

Apr 3, 05 1:12 pm  · 
 · 
Jr.

vado--you aren't serious, are you? Are you going to college in your hometown? I'd hate it, especially if I was an athlete. It obviously would have been nice if May had stuck around, we so need a strong post player, but geez, when I was 18, I was absolutely ready to move far away from home.

fakeid--my grandmother is good enough for IU's program, and she's dead.

Apr 3, 05 4:02 pm  · 
 · 
fakeid

snjr:

hahaha.. that explains why iu's where they are right now..

Apr 3, 05 4:51 pm  · 
 · 
larslarson

fake id...i agree felton is the glue that keeps them together..
but sean may is one of the best passers out of the post in
the game..and one of the better rebounders...if it gets into
his hands noone else is getting it...

and seriously, indiana? sean may would clearly start at iu...

Apr 3, 05 6:44 pm  · 
 · 
vado retro

yes when i got out of school i went 1000 miles east. but its the idea of the thing. the tradition. maybe he was afraid of that oepidus complex since i heard he is dating his mother.

Apr 3, 05 7:26 pm  · 
 · 
Jr.

Ah....tradition. Tradition would have kept Dane Fife at home in Michigan, and where would IU have been in 2002 w/out his defense (although--he wouldn't have been there to foul Duke on that 3-point shot at the end of that game, either)? Certainly not playing for the national championship.

I wish, I wish we had Sean May, he's a heck of a player, and like I said, we seriously need an inside presence.

Where do you think Pat Ewing is going to end up now that's he leaving the Hoosiers?

Apr 3, 05 10:38 pm  · 
 · 
fakeid

it'll be deliciously ironic if ewing ends up in unc, too.. i'd like to see him in the big east rather than the acc.. had sean may chosen iu in the beginning, he should be transferring right about....... now.

Apr 4, 05 12:48 pm  · 
 · 
TED

well, ill were loosers but it was a good game anyway!!

congrats!!

Apr 5, 05 12:17 am  · 
 · 
Mason White

the story behind being a tar heel :
When Carolina was divided in 1710, the southern part was called South Carolina and the northern, or older settlement, North Carolina. From this came the nickname the "Old North State." Historians have recorded that the principal products during the early history of North Carolina were "tar, pitch, and turpentine." It was during one of the fiercest battles of the War Between the States, so the story goes, that the column supporting the North Carolina troops was driven from the field. After the battle the North Carolinians, who had successfully fought it out alone, were greeted from the passing derelict regiment with the question: "Any more tar down in the Old North State, boys?" Quick as a flash came the answer: "No, not a bit, old Jeff's bought it all up." "Is that so; what is he going to do with it?" was asked. "He's going to put on you-un's heels to make you stick better in the next fight." Creecy relates that General Lee, upon hearing of the incident, said: "God bless the Tar Heel boys," and from that they took the name.

Apr 5, 05 12:21 am  · 
 · 
tricky

Illinois loses, the best feeling in the world. I hate the fuckin' Illinos!!! They were overrated the whole year. Go Tarheels!!! Finally Roy Williams win the championship!!!

Apr 5, 05 12:26 am  · 
 · 
TED

somehow, i will take chief illanawek over tar and smelly feet and all....although most are trying to knix the chief [for the right reasons]

we in shitcago have a soft spot for unc because its the home of our beloved past prince micheal jord'n

didnt hear mention at all about the chief -- the state has threatened to stop funding to 'univeristy of illinois' if the trustees contintued to carry the chief forward.....

Apr 5, 05 12:35 am  · 
 · 
fakeid

SPELLING BEE CHAMPION! YOU MISSED TRICKY!!

Apr 5, 05 12:56 pm  · 
 · 
SPELLING BEE CHAMPION

fakeid ... thank you for the tip.

tricky ... please consult the latest edition of the MLA guide for advice on correcting sentence fragments and subject-verb agreement. Your previous post reeks of them. Also, it's "Illini", not "Illino".

Apr 5, 05 3:32 pm  · 
 · 
larslarson

Actually SPB, it's "Illini", not "Illinos", or are you perchance
correcting someone else?

You can let me know if my punctuation is off.

Apr 5, 05 3:36 pm  · 
 · 
raji

He spelled it "Illini"
I don't get it??

Aug 10, 05 5:14 pm  · 
 · 
larslarson

you're right raji..i don't know what i was thinking when i typed
that four months ago...

but i'm still glad the tarheels won...

Aug 10, 05 5:57 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: