Archinect
anchor

etiquette and the e-jection

interrobang

I'm not old but maybe I'm old-fashioned. This is about last week's email rejection from a school that shall remain nameless. Of course, I appreciated the quick notice (a whole two days faster than post). What bothered me is that the email used a couple of lines just to explain in other words how technology could not accomodate something like mailing letters, and that something on letterhead would be available ONLY UPON REQUEST.

Anyone else rubbed the wrong way by that? Aren't there any situations left these days in which social convetion calls for a real, tangible letter? Or is email a valid substitute for anything?

When I'm king--a wax seal, even on the rejections.

Mar 17, 05 3:37 pm
ross

A few years ago, I got an email rejection from a school. Somehow, an email is more disappointing than a nice little letter in your mail box. You'd think with all the money shelled out for application fees, they can spend a little on stationary.

But on the bright side, at least it saves a few trees.

Mar 17, 05 4:03 pm  · 
 · 
Smokety Mc Smoke Smoke

Yes ... couldn't Princeton at least hire all their under-funded grad students and have them lick stamps, for chrissakes? Jeez!

Mar 17, 05 4:14 pm  · 
 · 
Manteno_Montenegro

Or at least hire a cow to do it.

Mar 17, 05 4:21 pm  · 
 · 
jitter12

I received a rejection from a firm that I had applied to by email. Pretty typical I would think, except for the fact that the email was addressed to everyone they were turning down. Haven't they heard of the BCC:? I burned that bridge.

Mar 18, 05 9:50 am  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: