Archinect
anchor

fired. now what?

whistler

I 've only ever let one guy go because he was doing harm to the projects and completely f__king up the drawings and creating some real problems.

So he leaves and gets a job as a framer's gopher on the job site of one of our projects where he assisted on the drawings ( Small town ) The framing on the job was awlful and things were missed all the time and walls in the wrong locations????? I got scared and basically looked over all the layout in the plans and was satisfied that he we had a strong set of documents but just couldn't figure out how he got so screwed up in the layout. Dislexia, didn't know how to layout a plan??? Not sure what happened but we fired the framer as well half way through the project. So effectively he got fired twice from the same job.

Mar 7, 05 12:12 pm  · 
 · 
TranseptR

e,

i want to hear your story

Mar 7, 05 12:16 pm  · 
 · 
arch6

Joed,

I was just let go as well. I posted a new discussion just now. Has your friend found work since they were let go? How did their interviews go?

Thanks for posting this thread, it has made me feel mildy better.

Dec 7, 07 12:08 am  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: