Archinect
anchor

Mid-career shift to business

cipyboy

Been working in the industry for a while (20 years), and have been contemplating on having a change in setting, veering away from the day to day in architecture ( production, etc) to more of a high level role ( business dev, tech). I may just have been burned out with Design.

Would an MBA / certification complement this goal? any other lucrative parts? Thanks  

Apr 10, 23 1:53 am
Wood Guy

Probably. You might find this website helpful: https://entrearchitect.com/. I promote them here regularly because I have found their podcasts and programs to be very helpful.

Apr 10, 23 10:53 am  · 
 · 
natematt

Seems like a fairly normal shift that is typically done without an MBA. But that assumes you've picked up the knowledge in your experience. 

Apr 10, 23 1:15 pm  · 
 · 
kjpn

You could look at MRED programs as a next step, or MBA if you want to do something totally generic for a corporate business. If you want to go tech or UX I'm not sure you need a master's degree per se for that, just the expertise and certifications, internships etc.

Apr 10, 23 2:43 pm  · 
 · 
whistler

Go do an MBA or just go work as a project manager for a developer and learn on the fly without the $150,000 price tag

Apr 10, 23 5:18 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: