Archinect
anchor

Can't find a job, could you give some advice please?

atnite1

I graduated with a bachelor's degree in 2021 and only had one internship for 2 months. Then one job experience for like 9 months. It has been 5 months since I've been unemployed. I since cannot find a job. I was asked to go to like 3 interviews and they didn't call back. If you could please take a look at my Portfolio and give me advice, I would much appreciate it.

Apr 3, 23 11:37 am
Rabbitcollector

Because you sound like a whiney baby. Stop complaining. Nobody wants to hire a complainer. Omg, stop whining. You need to present yourself differently and grow a thick skin. You wrote your post completely wrong, sending all the wrong messages, that is why nobody replied. 

Here is what you should have said:

'I am a recent grad with a Bachelor's Degree looking for my first job! I have some internship and job experience in addition to my degree. Please take a look at my resume and let me know how I can be of assistance. I am excited to start my career, and will consider all opportunities. I am good member of a team and a quick learner with a great work ethic. Thank you for your attention!' 

Now, go on indeed.com and Craigslist and apply for entry level jobs in various fields, not just the one you were applying to. Often people change directions in their career. For example, biologists become programmers, or architects become inspectors or developers. 

I went to Northeastern University with their co-op program, so I know what I am talking about. Good luck! 

Apr 24, 23 12:07 pm  · 

Chat GPT being used poorly.

Apr 24, 23 12:11 pm  · 
2  · 
newbie.Phronesis

Rabbit, that's a terrible post. Also, "no one" replied because they double-posted and got replies here instead: https://archinect.com/forum/thread/150344952/difficulty-in-finding-a-job

Apr 24, 23 12:28 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: