Archinect
anchor

Advice on workflow Revit Sketchup Twinmotion

Interior/Architecture

Hello

I'm a student studying architecture I just want to make sure I'm prioritising learning the right programs. FYI I'm in Australia and I know from tutors that Revit is definitely the leader over say AutoCAD so I don't need clarification on that :) 

Is it a good move to use revit to create my floor plans, sketchup to model and twinmotion to render?

Anyone got any good pointers on any of the above? Are there any other programs or helpful plugins I could be using?

Cheers!

Feb 25, 23 12:26 am
Non Sequitur

I do think you need clarification. 

You need to aim to have a good handle on both traditional vector drawing software, 3D modelling and BIM, but knowing software is the easy part. Using it to communicate design and construction is another thing altogether. 

Feb 25, 23 12:35 am  · 
 · 
ivanmillya

As NS said, using software to communicate is far more effective than just learning software. I might be a bit on the boomer side of this one, but I've found that fresh grads knowing Revit can be detrimental if they don't fully understand what it is they're modeling, what they aren't, and why.

To answer your question ABOUT software tho, I find that a really helpful exercise for students is to have them create parametric Revit families. If those families have to be parametric, it teaches them a lot about what the various components are that go into an assembly, how they interact, what size ranges are reasonable/possible, etc.

Feb 25, 23 5:23 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: