Archinect
anchor

What kind of Master's Programs are Architecture Graduates allowed to choose?

archibox3

I am currently an Architecture undergraduate student in Europe. Does anybody know if there are any restrictions as to what kind of Master's Programs I can choose? I would like to see what's on the horizon other than Interior Design, Urban Planning, Civil engineering etc. 

Feb 3, 23 9:47 am
Non Sequitur

You can choose to spend your money however you choose as long as you meet the required pre-requisits.  What's important is what you want to do after grad school.  For example, want to actually practice as an architect? Well, you damn well better make sure where ever you go is accredited for your jurisdiction otherwise you're just collecting expensive pieces of paper.

Feb 3, 23 10:06 am  · 
1  · 
architecturepinecone

There are no hard and fast rules regarding which master's programs you can choose from, as the decision is ultimately up to you.

Feb 3, 23 12:30 pm  · 
 · 

There are though . . . . 

1. Make sure you can afford it. 

2. Make sure the program is accredited in the area you want to practice.

If the programs meets those two requirements then pick whichever you want! 

Feb 3, 23 12:34 pm  · 
 · 
Non Sequitur

Chad, you forgot the first step: Don't do any research yourself but instead ask the internet to make adult decisions for you.

Feb 3, 23 12:44 pm  · 
3  ·  1
archibox3

You forgot another step too. Make sure to not care about the opinion of random internet smartass who thought to do the unnecessary and bring down people for no actual reason and make complete assumptions, just because they wanted to ask something. People are my university are not really helpful, colleagues don't know even so I'm not going out of my only just to be mocked by the same little person like you. Please do me a favor and be nicer.

Feb 3, 23 2:39 pm  · 
 · 
Non Sequitur

Obvious OP laziness is a good reason

Feb 3, 23 2:52 pm  · 
 · 
archibox3

I don't have to explain myself to you, I did nothing wrong and I don't have to be shamed or be dragged about it. All I wanted was the internet's help. Please stop.

Feb 3, 23 3:49 pm  · 
Non Sequitur

I weep for the future.

Feb 3, 23 7:46 pm  · 
 · 
ill_will

tissue?

Feb 7, 23 5:08 pm  · 
 · 
Non Sequitur

No thank you. the weeping is metaphorical... unless it's a masonry wall. Then in that case, weeping better be 600mm o.c. or else there will be hell to pay.

Feb 7, 23 5:13 pm  · 
2  · 
Almosthip

What about perforated pvc piping, does that weep enough for the future ?

Feb 7, 23 5:53 pm  · 
1  · 

archibox3 wrote: 

"I don't have to explain myself to you, I did nothing wrong and I don't have to be shamed or be dragged about it. All I wanted was the internet's help. Please stop."

Yet you are ashamed about it.  

You asked 'randos' on the internet for advice on a decision that will impact the rest of your life.  You didn't state that you did any research prior to asking your question.  You didn't ask for resources to assist your own research.  You simply wanted others to do the work for you.  Most people here have no problem helping others out.  Expecting others to do ALL the work for you, then getting upset when people call you out.  That's never going to be well accepted anywhere.    

Feb 7, 23 6:00 pm  · 
 · 
ill_will

You also did explain yourself to us already, so while you might not necessarily have to explain yourself, you already did. 

I wouldn't take it personally. 

You can pretty much do anything creative or lightly based in the sciences, such as robotics. A good place to start might be figuring out where you want to go to school, seeing if they offer any other degrees under the umbrella of their school of Architecture. Example: the bartlett offers a bunch of different M.archs, Penn as well. The nice thing is that most answers to well thought out questions are just one email away. Admissions offices give out info to anybody with a heartbeat.

This is the tip of the iceberg in terms of research though. I did a bunch of research when I was checking out masters programs (still am haha). Personally, I just look at the things I think are cool and that's the main driver behind where I'm applying/ working towards applying to. In the end, you still have to do pretty much all of the leg work so its no use getting salty over responses from randoms on the internet.

Feb 7, 23 6:28 pm  · 
 · 

The OP didn't explain themselves in their first post. Not until after they got upset did they say that "People are my university are not really helpful, colleagues don't know even"

Feb 7, 23 6:31 pm  · 
 · 
Non Sequitur

Hopefully they did not pay much for attending that university. Such value...

Feb 7, 23 6:37 pm  · 
 · 
ill_will

You're right Chad, I was commenting on the context of other comments/replies. I thought it was odd that they first resorted to "explaining themselves" and then claiming they "didn't have to"

Feb 8, 23 10:21 am  · 
1  · 
archibox3

Right, Chad Miller, I think I explained myself in the first post very well and I have put all the info necessary regarding my question, but let's wrap it up once and all. Whether people at my university are helpful or not, and if my colleagues do actually know or not, has nothing to do with my question and it wasn't an explanation. It was rather a reply to Non Sequitur's comment. By "I don't have to explain myself" I meant that I do not need to mention if I made my research or not on this topic. I think it is very weird to have to be called "lazy" and " I am expecting others to do ALL the work for me" and also be commented on whether my university's worth the money etc., for a simple question (The question was simply put (if I can take master's programs other than the conventional master's programs in architecture), just because I didn't provide a full record of myself. Thank you for the reply ill_will, I got the info I was looking for, and also thank you for your concern, I did not take it personally, after all, there must be other things going on in life to get a reply of theirs with such a tone. Hopefully that explanation gives more context and thank u✌️

Feb 9, 23 9:56 am  · 
1  ·  1

It's not weird to be called lazy when you're being lazy. Also a three minute google search gave the same answer as what ill-will provided.

Feb 9, 23 10:12 am  · 
2  · 
Non Sequitur

Chad, lazy kids...

Feb 9, 23 11:21 am  · 
1  · 
archibox3

Or a forum thread could have provided me an answer within 3 minutes, without having to whine and being sarcastic. But oh, who I am to judge people. I have a feeling you choose to the topic from a POV that benefits and here I am discussing with boomers, what's like being lazy or not, because oh boy if it's not the reason forums exist.

Feb 9, 23 11:59 am  · 

What I find concerning is the lack of the OP's ability to write his/her question.  I understand this could be due to english being a second language but . . . 

Instead of the op why not: 

"I am currently an Architecture undergraduate student in Europe. I have a question regarding restrictions as to what kind of Master's Programs I can choose. I've done some online and in person research with my professors but haven't found much. Would anyone here be able to help provide me some resources or answers? I would like to see what's on the horizon other than Interior Design, Urban Planning, Civil engineering etc.

Thanks for your help!"

Feb 9, 23 11:59 am  · 
 · 
Non Sequitur

Chad, let’s not forget that 8 seconds using the forum search function would yield dozens of similar questions. Again, hopefully the op did not pay too much for their undergrad if that’s the type of skills they teach.

Feb 9, 23 12:02 pm  · 
 · 
archibox3

What I find concerning is how you guys make a deal over little things such as my question but who am I to judge people? Anyways thanks for the answers, hard-working architects ✌️

Feb 9, 23 12:10 pm  · 
 · 
archibox3

Perhaps Non Sequitur can teach me perhaps on how to write better questions, since they know everything about the university I study and the tuition I pay :D

Feb 9, 23 12:13 pm  · 
 · 
archibox3

Awh yes Non Sequitur, I payed a dime and a rock for my undegrad, such cheap courses! Cheap quality!! Unlike yours, you must have needed to get a student loan or two to pay for the top quality of your own courses ;) And as the peasant I am, I came to bother two decent architects with my stupid lazy question T_T Im so upset I got called out Im having a breakdown

Feb 9, 23 12:16 pm  · 
 · 
Non Sequitur

Must be your first day on the internet.

Feb 9, 23 12:20 pm  · 
 · 
archibox3

Omg Non Sequitur, actually it is! although I had the account since forever, this is my first post! I didnt know Im so readable :(

Feb 9, 23 12:32 pm  · 
 · 
Non Sequitur

Happy to help.

Feb 9, 23 12:46 pm  · 
 · 

archibox3 wrote: 

"What I find concerning is how you guys make a deal over little things such as my question but who am I to judge people? Anyways thanks for the answers, hard-working architects ✌️"

Actually these responses take about 5-10 seconds and are done while Revit files are syncing to central or BIM 360.  You're not special enough to devote more time to.  

Feb 9, 23 1:13 pm  · 
 · 
archibox3

Feb 9, 23 12:12 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: